I’m serving up my favorite way to satisfy your inner chocoholic~ A No Bake 5-Ingredient Chocolate Tart guaranteed to make your sweetheart, family and friends swoon!
It was love at first bite when I discovered this chocolate ganache tart!
Oh Chocolate Tart, How do I love thee? Let me count the ways:
♥ Make ahead.
♥ No special skills needed in the kitchen, just chopping chocolate, pulsing cookies in the food processor, and heating cream just until boiling and stirring.
♥ Just 5 ingredients including the strawberries.
♥ The removable outer ring of a tart pan allows you the see the pretty edge of the crust and makes it easy to serve, especially that first slice.
♥ Decadent, luscious and splurge-worthy!
Strawberries and raspberries were on sale this week in anticipation of Valentine’s Day, so I used a combination of both berries for this tart, but feel free to skip the berries and serve this tart with a drizzle of salted caramel or a simple sprinkling of flaky sea salt for an easy and delicious finish.
Because the filling of this tart is just two ingredients, you want to use good quality chocolate and full fat, heavy cream, no substituting with light cream or half and half. The higher the fat content of the cream, the richer and more stable the finished ganache will be. I used a combination of bittersweet and semi-sweet chocolate.
For the cookie crust I used some seasonal Red Velvet Oreos for some additional Valentine’s Day red, but you can substitute regular Oreos or the cookies of your choice for the crust. Red Velvet Oreos are not overly red velvety nor are they very cream cheesy, but they are pretty. ;)
No Bake 5-Ingredient Chocolate Tart
Makes an 11″ Tart
For crust: 1 package Oreos (or similar chocolate sandwich cookie, about 36)
Red Velvet Oreos are in smaller packages, around 24, so you’ll need 1 1 /2 packages to get 36
1 /2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
To make crust: Add Oreos (including the cream filling) to bowl of a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs. Pour in melted butter and pulse, mixing until well combined. Press the mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of an 11-inch tart pan. Tip: Use the sides and bottom of a measuring cup to help press crumbs evenly into sides and bottom of tart pan. Place crust in the refrigerator to chill and firm for 1 hour before adding filling.
(3) 4 oz. bars Premium Chocolate Baking Bars, Semi-Sweet or Bittersweet, (I used Ghirardelli and a combination of both semi-sweet and bittersweet)
1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
To Make Ganache filling:
Coarsely chop chocolate bars and place in a heat proof bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil over medium-high heat. Pour heavy cream over chocolate and let stand for 2-3 minutes, until chocolate has softened. Slowly whisk the mixture until smooth and chocolate is melted and shiny. Pour filling into prepared cookie crust. Place in fridge until set, about 4 – 6 hours or overnight.
*Note: Add any sliced strawberries just prior to serving, since cut berries will weep onto surface of ganache filling.
No-Bake Strawberry Chocolate Ganache Tart with Chocolate Cookie Crust
Satisfy your inner chocoholic with this easy No Bake 5-Ingredient Chocolate Tart! It comes together in less than 30 minutes with a chill time of 5 hours to allow it to set.
- food processor
- 11 inch tart pan
Chocolate Cookie Crust:
- I package Oreos or similar chocolate sandwich cookies, about 36
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- (3) 4 oz. Ghirardelli Premium Baking Bars, Semi-Sweet and/or Bittersweet, (use the combination to suit to your taste)
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- strawberries and raspberries, halved and whole, to top
To Make Crust
- Add Oreos (including the cream filling) to bowl of a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs. Transfer crumbs to a medium bowl, add melted butter and mix until well combined. Press the mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of an 11 -inch tart pan. Tip: Use the sides and bottom of a measuring cup to press crumbs evenly into sides and along bottom of tart pan. Place crust in refrigerator to firm for 1 hour before adding filling.
To Make Ganache filling
- Coarsely chop chocolate bars and place in a heat proof bowl.In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil overmedium-high heat. Pour heavy cream over chocolate and let stand for 2-3minutes, until chocolate has softened. Slowly whisk the mixture until smooth and chocolate ismelted and shiny. Pour filling intoprepared cookie crust. Place in fridge until set, about 4 - 6 hours or overnight.When ganache is set, top chocolate tart with strawberries,raspberries, chocolate shavings, salted caramel or flaky sea salt if desired.
- Because ganache is just two ingredients, you want to use good quality chocolate and full fat heavy cream. The higher the fat content of the cream, the richer and more stable the finished ganache will be.
- Add sliced strawberries just prior to serving as cut strawberries will weep onto surface of ganache filling.
- Add a drizzle of additional melted chocolate top of the berries if desired.
Because, I’m a more is more kinda girl, especially when it comes to chocolate,
I added a drizzle of additional chocolate top of the berries.
Find more Valentine’s Day recipes and table inspiration
to make your celebration extra sweet, HERE.
I used my favorite 11-inch tart pan:
Heart server / Towle Irresistible Heart Pie and Cake Server Set
♥ Wishing you a Happy Valentine’s Day ♥