Everybunny’s Favorite: Roasted Carrot Hummus Dip

I’m hopping down the bunny trail with a healthy and delicious appetizer for spring or Easter that everybunny will love. . .Roasted Carrot Hummus Dip!

If you’re a fan of hummus and have never made it before, I encourage you to try it! It’s super simple to make with a food processor and the flavors and variations are endless. We’ve enjoyed Black-Eyed Pea Hummus, Roasted Butternut Hummus, Avocado-Hummus and Black Bean and Olive Hummus.

Roasting the carrots brings out their natural sugars, caramelizing them. The little bits of char are added flavor.

Roasted Carrot Hummus

Ingredients

1 pound carrots, scrubbed well (no need to peel) and cut into 1-inch pieces

3 cloves garlic, unpeeled

1 (15 oz.) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed

1/4 cup olive oil, additional olive oil for serving

3 tablespoons tahini

1/2 teaspoon paprika

1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

Juice 1 lemon

1/4 cup ice cold water

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

On a baking sheet, toss the carrots and garlic cloves with a couple of tablespoons olive oil, kosher salt and pepper. Roast until carrots are tender and lightly caramelized, stirring halfway through, about 25 – 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Peel garlic cloves. You can do this in advance the day before and refrigerate until ready to whip up you hummus.

In food processor, combine the roasted carrots and garlic with chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, paprika, salt and olive oil. Process to combine, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. With processor running, slowly add 1/4 cup cold water and puree until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle with additional olive and sprinkle of paprika to serve.

Farmer Bunny is serving the hummus along with an assortment of healthy veggies. I placed him in a flat basket, lined with leaf lettuce. Add the veggies of your choice. I used radish coins, yellow and red bell pepper, celery and English cucumber and carrots as bunny ears!  Enjoy it with pita chips, pretzel crisps or your other favorite dippers.

Printable Recipe

🐰🥕🐰🥕🐰

Thank you for your visit, sharing with:

Between Naps on the Porch

17 comments for “Everybunny’s Favorite: Roasted Carrot Hummus Dip

1. katy w
    April 8, 2019 at 7:07 am

Looks yummy! Now I have another recipe to try when I have an overabundance of carrots. :) Luv the bunny!

2. Ellen
    April 8, 2019 at 7:34 am

I love any kind of hummus and this one looks and sounds like it’s DELICIOUS!! Cannot wait to try!! Thank you for sharing!! 🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕

3. April 8, 2019 at 8:07 am

I always like seeing your recipes. I have never tried hummus but this one sounds tasty so I have printed it out. Thanks.

4. Melissa Mash
    April 8, 2019 at 8:19 am

I will definitely be trying this. One question though – in your ingredients you list chick peas but not in the instructions. I assume you process them along with the other ingredients in the food processor?

• April 8, 2019 at 8:34 am

Hi Melissa, Yes you can see them in photo with all the other ingredients in the food processor. I hope you’ll try it, I think you’ll like it! 🐰🥕

5. April 8, 2019 at 8:20 am

Mary, your presentation is always stunning. I love hummus and I am saving your recipe. Happy Monday!

6. April 8, 2019 at 8:23 am

Yum! Where did you get that bunny? My garden club would love this!

7. April 8, 2019 at 9:05 am

I was reading a recipe for carrot hummus yesterday Mary and wondering how it would be…You’ve sold me!! My family loves hummus and I love roasted carrots, this has got to be a winner! Farmer Bunny is fabulous with his wheelbarrow of hummus in the bountiful tray, gorgeous!

8. Dorinda Selke
    April 8, 2019 at 12:44 pm

Oh Mary this looks so delicious and just the ticket for my Easter Brunch as an appetizer. I think even my grandchildren will love it ! I hope you have a blessed Easter ! Hugs, Dorinda

9. April 8, 2019 at 1:08 pm

This looks positively delish. Can’t wait to try the recipe. Have a great week, Mary.

10. April 8, 2019 at 1:50 pm

Oh my Mary…this looks and sounds amazing!…We love hummus in this household!…love it with my gluten free crackers and veggies!…My hubby and I could make a meal on this!….Beautiful presentation as always! Happy Monday Mary!

11. April 8, 2019 at 6:51 pm

This sounds so yummy Mary! Pinning to try, thank you!!

April 8, 2019 at 10:18 pm

Yum! Sounds good to me, I like humus and garlic and love roasted carrots so I know I will find this tasty! Pinning! Mr. Rabbit it too cute with his wheelbarrow of humus and good veggies. What a healthy treat, thank you! 🐇🐣🐑

13. Sally
    April 9, 2019 at 2:13 am

Love hummus, will be trying this recipe, Mary. Very pretty presentation! Thank you!🥕

14. April 9, 2019 at 5:43 am

Sounds like a nice healthy recipe Mary! Good to have one with all those jelly beans that are around now:@)

15. Nancy
    April 9, 2019 at 2:16 pm

This sounds delicious! I am having a gathering and this is perfect for Easter :)

Thank you for your comments~ they make my day ♥

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )