Oh So Easy Pie Crust Crackers

Transform store-bought pie crust into savory homemade crackers, a snap to make and a tasty addition for your soup bowl!

Oh So Easy Pie Crust Crackers | ©homeiswheretheboatis.net #recipes

These pie crust crackers are a fun and easy way to use that refrigerated pie crust that’s hiding in the back of your fridge and fast approaching its expiration date. They’re also super easy to make!

Oh So Easy Pie Crust Crackers | ©homeiswheretheboatis.net #recipes

Roll out your pie crust between two sheets of parchment paper, adding a little flour to the parchment for extra insurance to prevent it from sticking.

Oh So Easy Pie Crust Crackers | ©homeiswheretheboatis.net #recipes

Remove the top sheet of parchment, then cut dough into 1 1/2 inch squares, using a fluted pastry cutter or a pizza wheel.

Oh So Easy Pie Crust Crackers | ©homeiswheretheboatis.net #recipes

Slide the parchment with dough squares onto a baking sheet. Separate the dough squares slightly then brush with egg wash (egg beaten with a 1 tablespoon of water) and sprinkle lightly with seasoned salt or the herb seasoning blend of your choice (grated Parmesan cheese would be great too).

I used Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Sesame Seasoning, a blend of sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sea salt flakes, dried garlic, and dried onions.

Oh So Easy Pie Crust Crackers | ©homeiswheretheboatis.net #recipes

Bake at 400 degrees F. for 9 – 12 minutes or until golden. Remove crackers to wire rack to cool completely, then store in an airtight container.

Oh So Easy Pie Crust Crackers | ©homeiswheretheboatis.net #recipes

Depending on how thin you roll out your crust, one pie crust will yield approximately 5 dozen 1 1/2″ crackers. Enjoy as a snack or a tasty addition to your soup bowl.

Printable Recipe

Here are some favorite soups for winter:

Favorite chicken soup recipe, ideal for cold and flu season, Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup

Favorite chicken soup for cold and flu season, Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup

This ‘penicillin-in-a-bowl’ uses one of my favorite short cuts~ a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Orzo fills in for traditional noodles and lemon adds a bright, refreshing note to the chicken broth.

Ina Garten’s Winter Minestrone. I can’t say enough good things about this soup recipe…foolproof, hearty, comforting, but the proof is in the bowl.

Ina Garten’s Winter Minestrone

I can’t say enough good things about this soup recipe. . .foolproof, hearty, comforting, but the proof is in the bowl.

Less-Loaded {with Calories not Flavor!} Potato Soup

Less-Loaded {with Calories not Flavor!} Potato Soup

A recipe makeover for Potato Soup with the addition of oven-roasted cauliflower which becomes sweet and nutty when roasted. The Less-Loaded version is out with the calories and saturated fat~ but in with plenty of flavor and creamy texture, without the cream.

A Hearty Winter Soup: Sausage, Kale and White Bean Soup

A Hearty Winter Soup: Sausage, Kale and White Bean Soup

Use a turkey or chicken smoked sausage for a healthier alternative, or andouille sausage for extra spice and heat.

Irish Beef Stew with Irish Whiskey Soda Bread | ©homeiswheretheboatis.net #stpatricksday #recipe

Irish Beef Stew with Irish Whiskey Soda Bread

Cold weather comfort food and a delicious stick-to-your-ribs Irish Stew and soda bread recipe with currants and caraway seed soaked in Irish Whiskey. Perfect for your St. Patrick’s Day menu!

Roasted Pear and Butternut Squash Soup | ©homeiswheretheboatis.net #healthy #soup #recipes

Roasted Pear and Butternut Squash Soup

We enjoy this soup year round and it’s a favorite that’s requested regularly by my hubby. It’s super flavorful and healthy for the New Year too! Use cubed butternut squash available at most grocery stores for a time-saving shortcut.

Oh So Easy Pie Crust Crackers | ©homeiswheretheboatis.net #recipes

It feels more like April or May instead of January this week with temperatures in the upper 60s and low 70s and thunderstorms rolling through this morning. . . crazy weather!

Oh So Easy Pie Crust Crackers | ©homeiswheretheboatis.net #recipes

What are your favorite cold weather soups?

Oh So Easy Pie Crust Crackers | ©homeiswheretheboatis.net #recipes

Thank you for your visit, sharing with:

Metamorphosis Monday

29 comments for “Oh So Easy Pie Crust Crackers

1. January 13, 2020 at 6:49 am

These look fantastic. I would never have thought of trying this. Also was thinking “where did she get that seasoning?!” I literally just had a bagel like that, and it’s so good. Saw it’s at Trader Joe’s, and we have one just down the street. Thanks for sharing!

2. January 13, 2020 at 7:39 am

Isn’t this interesting! Looks delish!

3. Grace
    January 13, 2020 at 8:12 am

Looks tasty…we don’t have Trader Joe’s around here but I plan to use the ingredients I have and mix them together. Thanks Mary for the pictures and recipe. The new snowfall last night looks so pretty outside this morning and…. My taste buds are already in preparation!

• January 13, 2020 at 8:46 am

Hi Grace, It’s easy to make with pantry ingredients. My Trader Joe’s is an hour away and I stock up when I have a chance to visit. I envy your snow as we’ve had loads of dreary, wet rain ♥

4. Carolyn Price
    January 13, 2020 at 8:33 am

Mary!! I love Everything but the Bagel seasoning and I love this idea!! Borrowing! Have a blessed day!

5. January 13, 2020 at 8:38 am

Good morning, Mary! I’ll be trying these crackers for sure. I even have TJ’s seasoning to sprinkle on top. All your soups look so comforting. I’ve really been into the soups lately and am thankful that I had them stored in my fridge.

• January 13, 2020 at 8:47 am

Hi Kitty, I hope you feel better soon! ♥

6. January 13, 2020 at 8:43 am

Mary, what a fabulous idea. I love soup and crackers during the winter months! I will be making these cute little crackers soon. Happy Monday!

7. Kate
    January 13, 2020 at 8:51 am

Can you have soup for breakfast – everything looks amazing! btw, Costco has a large bottle of “Everything Bagel” Seasoning! Just FYI.

8. Sharon
    January 13, 2020 at 8:52 am

Such a clever idea, Mary! I’m going to try some of your soup recipes too. They sound so good! We just got 4” of snow here in Traverse City, MI, so a pot of soup on the stove is a must. 😉

9. Leslie
    January 13, 2020 at 9:31 am

What a great post! Soups and crackers — what could be better? Your blog is one of my favorite sites. I used to live in North Carolina and your writing and pictures always warm my heart — happy memories. You are an awesome artist with words and pics and food. Thank you for your generous spirit.

10. Clara
    January 13, 2020 at 9:49 am

Wonderful idea Mary! Thanks for sharing! Clara ❤️

11. Franki
    January 13, 2020 at 10:41 am

Super idea!!! franki

January 13, 2020 at 11:16 am

Those crackers look delish! Our Trader Joe’s is an hour away, but will have to see if any of our grocery stores carry it, or mix up some of my own. Saturday we were under a winter storm watch so I made your wonderful Irish Beef Stew and will have some more for lunch today. Oh, so good! I want to try your chicken lemon orzo soup but may revert to noodles as I’m not a big fan of orzo. We enjoy many different soups (potato, white chicken chili, sauerkraut soup-really good) on a regular basis throughout the year and especially to get us through our long Michigan winters. Thanks Mary, will refer to these again.

13. Kitty
    January 13, 2020 at 11:40 am

All of your soup recipes look delicious and, as we are having a snowy day here in Edmonds (Washington),
    they would be just the thing. The
    crackers as well!
    Kitty in the other Washington

14. January 13, 2020 at 12:43 pm

I love pie crust more than the whole pie! My mom used to make me little pie crust cookies from the leftover crust when I was a child.
    And I love Greek lemon chicken soup. I’m going to try your recipe! Soup is such a perfect thing to make in the Winter. I can make once and eat for days. I like to freeze a few bowls when it gets down to the end and save for another time.

15. January 13, 2020 at 1:41 pm

Cute idea, was just wishing I had a big bowl of soup right now, with a week of storms tis the season! Bask in your warmth, tried gardening this morn in 30 degrees temps, there are no garden gloves that can meet that task, was frozen in an hour 😕

16. January 13, 2020 at 5:34 pm

Oh Mary those crackers look wonderful, I love TJs everything seasoning, so good! I’ve got to try these asap! Thanks! Oh and all your soups look so good too…perfect soup sipping weather this month :)

17. January 13, 2020 at 5:51 pm

Your crackers look better than the ones that came in a fancy gift basket this year Mary! I’ve never tried the chicken soup with lemon, it’s on my list:@)

18. Ricki Treleaven
    January 13, 2020 at 6:05 pm

I’ll take my crackers with the lemon orzo soup, please! What a great idea for extra pie crusts (I know I always have extras). Plus, we love soup in January and February!

Happy New Year, Mary!
    xo,
    Ricki Jill

19. Liz
    January 13, 2020 at 7:46 pm

Ooh I love this idea! That seasoning sounds like the perfect compliment for making those crackers!

20. January 13, 2020 at 8:27 pm

Mary, thanks for sharing yet another great and tasty idea. Your photos and directions are excellent! Happy Monday!

21. January 14, 2020 at 11:37 am

That seasoning is now on my Trader Joe’s list..love those crackers!….In this household, we love all kinds of hearty soups. One night last week we had a hearty chicken vegetable soup and two nights later I made our favorite chili. Happy to be cooking again! Thanks for the wonderful recipes Mary.

22. Theresa R Keller
    January 14, 2020 at 12:51 pm

Hi Mary, your chicken orzo soup looks delicious and I found this seasoning mix at Costco too! i love it on avocado toast.

23. January 14, 2020 at 12:52 pm

I can’t wait to make the crackers they look so good I haven’t told you in a while but I love your articles

• January 14, 2020 at 4:34 pm

Thank you and Happy New Year Kaye! I think you’ll like these easy crackers. I hope you and Bentley are well. 🐾 ♥

24. Theresa R Keller
    January 14, 2020 at 1:01 pm

Hi Mary, i have been on a soup kick, navy bean a couple of weeks ago and pasta fagioli this week….. i have found the seasoning mix at Costco too! Your chicken soup sounds wonderful think i will make it next. Thank you!

• Ellen
      January 14, 2020 at 6:39 pm

We have a Trader Joe’s not close but we do a little shopping there!! Will definitely try to make these crackers..and I make tons of soup that I keep in the freezer for a quick meal!!! I’m already looking forward to Spring..I have soooo many projects I want to do!!! Take care!! ❤️🍵

25. Bonnie Morgan
    January 14, 2020 at 1:26 pm

So funny, I just warmed a bowl of chicken noodle soup and sat down to eat and catch up on blog reading. Those crackers look delicious and I am glad to be reminded of all the soup recipes. Today is cloudy and chance of rain. A perfect soup day.

Thank you for your comments~ they make my day ♥

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )