Serve up sweet treats and smiles with Chocolate Cherry Mice; a no-bake, fun addition to your holiday cookie tin. Warning: Friends and family may think they’re too cute to eat!
Can you believe Christmas just 10 short days away?
Are you baking your list and checking it twice?
You can mark these Merry Mice off your ‘to-bake’ list as they require no baking,
just 4 ingredients, with a dip in melted chocolate!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
🎄 Stemmed Maraschino Cherries
🎄 Hershey’s Kisses
🎄 Chocolate Chips, semi-sweet or bittersweet and white
🎄 Sliced Almonds
🎄 Drain your cherries and blot them as dry as possible with a paper towel.
🎄 Unwrap your kisses and pair up similarly-sized almond slices for ears.
🎄 Melt your chocolate chips according to the package directions.
Microwaves vary, so start with 50% power in 30 second bursts,
repeating and stirring until melted, to prevent scorched chocolate.
Alternatively you can use candy melts / wafers or almond bark for dipping.
🎄 Hold the cherry by the stem and dip in melted chocolate to cover completely,
letting the excess chocolate drip back into your bowl.
🎄 Place dipped cherry on a piece of parchment paper.
🎄 Place the flat bottom of a chocolate kiss to the rounded bottom of dipped cherry.
🎄 Hold briefly until kiss adheres, then position 2 almond slices for ears,
while the chocolate is still warm.
When chocolate kiss has set, paint on mouse eyes and nose with a dab of melted white chocolate,
using a wooden skewer or toothpick.
I already had the white chocolate chips but you could use white decorating gel
to pipe on nose and eyes if desired.
You can serve or gift these Merry Mice in mini cupcake liners or
let your mice run amok in your tin of holiday treats. :)
I used two mini liners, one turned inside out so the pattern was visible
and to make the Merry Mice, merrier. . .🎄
The cookie tin is also filled with No Bake Peanut Butter-Chocolate Swirl Bars.
Easy and irresistible!
You can find 20+ recipes to bake your spirits bright and make your holidays extra sweet, HERE.
You’ll also find some easy no-bake treats and food gift ideas too!
Long time readers might remember
Where “not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.”
Merry Christmouse :)
Chocolate Cherry Merry Mice
- 1 cup chocolate chips or candy coating disks from 1 [10-oz.] pkg., such as Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Flavored Melting Wafers
- 20 stemmed maraschino cherries from 2 [10-oz.] jars, blotted dry
- 20 milk chocolate kisses such as Hershey's Kisses
- 40 almond slices
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips , melted
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Microwave chocolate chips in a small microwavable bowl on 50% power until melted and smooth, 60 to 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds to prevent chocolate from scorching.
- Working with 1 cherry at a time, hold by the stem and dip in melted chocolate, covering completely; let excess chocolate drip back into bowl. Use a spoon if need to spoon chocolate over cherry to cover.
- Place covered cherry on parchment lined sheet. While chocolate is warm, attach flat bottom of 1 chocolate kiss to rounded bottom of dipped cherry to create mouse head; hold together for about 10 seconds. Position 2 almond slices for ears, between the cherry and chocolate kiss, while chocolate is still warm.
- Repeat process with remaining ingredients. Allow to set, about 20 minutes.
- To create mouse eyes and nose, dip end of wooden skewer or toothpick into melted white chocolate to dab on eyes and nose.
- Store, covered, in refrigerator until ready to gift and serve.
- Lay out almonds and unwrap kisses in advance to work quickly while chocolate is warm.
- If chocolate becomes firm while working, reheat on 50% power until melted again.
- Alternatively use white decorating gel to pipe on features if you prefer.
- Serve in miniature muffin papers if desired.
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase anything through an affiliate link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Thank you for your visit, sharing with: