Christmas No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
An easy, no-bake treat that is both naughty and nice! Nice, since they’re so easy to make and naughty, because they too hard to resist!
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs finely crushed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter + 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Assorted sprinkles optional
Line 13-by-9-inch pan with parchment paper for easy removal of bars.
In medium bowl, mix sugar and graham cracker crumbs; set aside.
Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in 1 cup of peanut butter, heating until smooth and melted. Pour melted peanut butter mixture over sugar mixture mixing well. Press mixture firmly into parchment-lined pan.
Add 4 tablespoons peanut butter to chocolate chips and melt according to package directions on bag (I used the microwave). Heat and stir until mixture is melted and smooth, being careful not to scorch.
Pour over peanut butter layer in pan. Add holiday sprinkles if desired while chocolate is warm. Refrigerate until bars are set, about 1 hour. When firm, lift bars out of pan by edges of paper and place on cutting board. Cut into bars and serve or package for gifts.
- Spray pan with nonstick spray before lining with parchment paper to keep parchment from slipping in pan.
- Use a long serrated knife for easy cutting.
- An offset spatula makes for easy spreading of chocolate.
- Don't omit the addition of the peanut butter to the chocolate chips which makes the bars / chocolate layer easier to cut through.