No-Bake Strawberry Chocolate Ganache Tart with Chocolate Cookie Crust
Satisfy your inner chocoholic with this easy No Bake 5-Ingredient Chocolate Tart! It comes together in less than 30 minutes with a chill time of 5 hours to allow it to set.
11 inch tart pan
Chocolate Cookie Crust:
- I package Oreos or similar chocolate sandwich cookies, about 36
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- (3) 4 oz. Ghirardelli Premium Baking Bars, Semi-Sweet and/or Bittersweet, (use the combination to suit to your taste)
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- strawberries and raspberries, halved and whole, to top
To Make Crust
Add Oreos (including the cream filling) to bowl of a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs. Transfer crumbs to a medium bowl, add melted butter and mix until well combined. Press the mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of an 11 -inch tart pan. Tip: Use the sides and bottom of a measuring cup to press crumbs evenly into sides and along bottom of tart pan. Place crust in refrigerator to firm for 1 hour before adding filling.
To Make Ganache filling
Coarsely chop chocolate bars and place in a heat proof bowl.In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil overmedium-high heat. Pour heavy cream over chocolate and let stand for 2-3minutes, until chocolate has softened. Slowly whisk the mixture until smooth and chocolate ismelted and shiny. Pour filling intoprepared cookie crust. Place in fridge until set, about 4 - 6 hours or overnight.When ganache is set, top chocolate tart with strawberries,raspberries, chocolate shavings, salted caramel or flaky sea salt if desired.
- Because ganache is just two ingredients, you want to use good quality chocolate and full fat heavy cream. The higher the fat content of the cream, the richer and more stable the finished ganache will be.
- Add sliced strawberries just prior to serving as cut strawberries will weep onto surface of ganache filling.
- Add a drizzle of additional melted chocolate top of the berries if desired.