'Lucky' Popcorn Mix
This ‘lucky’ candy-coated popcorn mix is an addictive sweet and salty treat for St. Patrick’s Day. Quick and easy to make and share, adjusting to your taste using with the mix-ins of your choice. Add some gold to the mix, known to attract leprechauns! Serves 20 or more.
- 6 cups popcorn old maids removed (about 1 bag of microwave of popcorn)
- 16 oz. package Log House Vanilla CandiQuik Candy Coating or similar candy coating/almond bark
- Half of a 12 oz. bag of Snyder's of Hanover Butter Snaps or pretzels of choice
- 8 oz. can salted nuts of choice I used mixed
- Candy of choice I used green M&M's and ROLOs, wrappers left on for miniature pots of gold
- Wilton green and white sprinkles or decorative sprinkles of choice
Pop your popcorn using your preferred method. Remove any old maids or unpopped kernels and place in a large bowl. Melt candy coating according to the package directions then mix with your popcorn, stirring until evenly coated.
Spread the candy coated popcorn on wax paper or parchment lined baking sheet(s) to set.
Add your decorative sprinkles to your popcorn while the coating is still warm and allow it to cool.
Once the candy coating is set, (about 20 - 30 minutes) break into pieces.
Stir in salted nuts, pretzels, and candy of choice.
Store in airtight container until ready to serve.