Potluck Sweet and Crunchy Broccoli Salad
A colorful and healthy salad and medley of sweet, tangy and crunchy, thanks to the creamy yogurt and vinegar dressing, dried cranberries and salted sunflower seeds. Makes about (12) 1 cup servings
- 1 12 oz. bag broccoli slaw
- 1 broccoli crown cut into small florets
- 1 cup shredded or matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup diced red onion or more to taste
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup salted sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
In a large bowl, combine broccoli slaw, florets, shredded carrots, cranberries, sunflower seeds, and red onion.
To make the dressing, whisk together Greek yogurt, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the slaw mixture and mix to combine. Refrigerate at least 2 hours up to overnight.
- For best flavor, enjoy within 4 – 24 hours. If making it to serve the next day, wait and stir in sunflower seeds before serving so they retain some crunch. Crumbled bacon is a great addition to this salad too.
- Adjust ingredients to your taste. The deli version at my grocery store has raisins as well as dried cranberries in this salad.
- Makes a great side dish served alongside Easter ham, your favorite potato casserole and deviled eggs.
- I used Greek yogurt instead of mayo in this salad for a healthier dressing option. The yogurt combined with the red wine vinegar adds a nice tang to round out the sweet in dressing from the sugar, dried cranberries and carrots in this crunchy salad. I used whole milk Greek yogurt, but use nonfat or low fat if you prefer.