Mini Flower Tartlets
Quick and easy to make with refrigerated pie crust, a cookie cutter and a mini muffin pan. You can make tart shells in advance, store in an airtight container and serve with an assortment of sweet or savory fillings.
Servings: 24 tartlets
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust (2 pie crusts)
- flour for dusting board and rolling pin
- powdered sugar for dusting finished tartlets if desired
Dust surface with flour. Follow package directions for allowing pie crust to come to temperature. Unroll pie crust, roll lightly with rolling pin. Use a 3 1/2 inch flower cookie cutter to “grow” 12 flowers per pie crust, re-rolling the pastry scraps as needed.
Press pie crust flowers in mini muffin tins, alternating wells in muffin tin for flower petals. Prick the bottoms of the unbaked shells with a fork.
Bake at 425 degrees for about 5-7 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool in pan 5 – 10 minutes, then carefully remove tartlet shells and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container until ready to fill and serve.
- Makes 12 flower tartlets per refrigerated pie crust
- Dust your flower shells with powdered sugar if desired and then add your assorted fillings when ready to serve such as Nutella with strawberries; goat cheese and fig preserves with chopped pecans; lemon curd and blueberries.