St. Patrick’s Day Table with DIY Leprechaun Hat Centerpiece

DSC_0733.1

St. Patrick’s Day is less than two weeks away and I’m pulling out the green with a tablescape in anticipation!

My Blooming and Edible Leprechaun Hat Centerpiece received a little embellishment for this St. Patrick’s Day table.

DSC_0465.2

I did a little Irish jig when I spied St. Patrick’s Day ribbon sporting leprechaun hats and shamrocks!

Glittery shamrocks add wishes for good health, good luck, and happiness, in addition to some sparkle, known to attract leprechauns.

And a cake plate elevates the fun as a centerpiece for the table!

DSC_0728.1

You can find the DIY to make your own centerpiece, here.

A cut work lace runner is layered over a “forty shades of green” plaid table cloth. . .

. . .And sprinkled with golden shamrock coins for good luck!

DSC_0387.1-001

Seeded green goblets give the illusion of watery bubbles, appropriate for a table celebrating the Emerald Isle.

DSC_0445.2-001

Bordallo Pinheiro cabbage leaf plates are layered over carved wood chargers. . .

DSC_0732.1

Help yourself to a sweet shamrock~ a Grace’s Irish Oatmeal Biscuit!

DSC_0429.1

St. Patrick’s Day Table Details:

Cabbage Plates & Bowls / Bordallo Pinheiro, Tuesday Morning, several years ago

Flatware / Mikasa Cameo Gold

Chargers & Napkins / Pier 1

Runner / HomeGoods, several years ago, used here

Napkin Rings / Bed, Bath & Beyond, several years ago

Glasses / Artland Iris Goblets, HomeGoods several years ago

Tablecloth / HomeGoods, several years ago

Leprechaun Hat ribbon / Michaels

Glitter Shamrock Picks / Hobby Lobby, several years ago

DIY Leprechaun Hat Centerpiece, HERE

Shamrock Gold Coins / Hobby Lobby

Grace’s Irish Oatmeal Biscuits / World Market

“May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow, and may trouble avoid you wherever you go.”

~Irish Blessing

Thank you for your visit,  sharing with:

Metamorphosis Monday, The Scoop, Wow Us Wednesdays,
 Tablescape Thursday, Feathered Nest Friday

30 comments for “St. Patrick’s Day Table with DIY Leprechaun Hat Centerpiece

1. Marina Brivio
    March 5, 2018 at 7:20 am

Bravissima🍀👍😘

2. Rita C.
    March 5, 2018 at 7:23 am

Top ‘o the morn to ya, Mar! Bright and cheery, I’d love to sit awhile at your table and soak in the charm. Happy colors, happy table, happy guests. The additions to the centerpiece make it that much more fun. Love those glasses. They look nice and substantial. Have a great week.

March 5, 2018 at 7:23 am

Love the added ribbon and glittery shamrocks to the floral centerpiece. Nice special touch. My table is all set as well with a dark green table cloth, gold chargers and white plates, clear glass goblets with green stems and the gold coins scattered about. I have a cute ceramic Leprechaun with his pot of gold as a centerpiece. I want to make your special bread and butter bread pudding with the Irish whiskey and salted Carmel, sounds so good! Thanks Mary. ☘

4. Gail
    March 5, 2018 at 8:02 am

Fun and pretty

5. Peggy Gregory
    March 5, 2018 at 8:22 am

I love the hat. I would have never thought to use jelly beans this way. So creative. Thanks for sharing. I am sorry for your loss. RIP Chloe. I know you miss her so much. Prayers for you.

6. March 5, 2018 at 8:27 am

It is fun seeing what new ideas you have for every occasion.

7. March 5, 2018 at 8:36 am

Oh so festive and fun Mary! The hat centerpiece is just the cutest! The cabbage plates are so perfect for St. Pat’s day as is your 40 shades of green plaid cloth. Who doesn’t love a lace runner sprinkled with coins of gold? The leprechauns will be smiling and dancing a jig!

8. Darlene Gardner
    March 5, 2018 at 8:58 am

Love this Mary and such a cute and creative idea. You are just so smart!

9. March 5, 2018 at 8:58 am

The elevated and enhanced leprechaun hat is even more beautiful, Mary! What fun it would be for this Irish lass to be seated at your pretty table. I’ll have to look for those Shamrock biscuits…mmmmm….perfect with a cup of Irish tea. Thank you for the morning smiles!!

10. Virginia
    March 5, 2018 at 10:34 am

Just loved the hat in your previous post but must say the table is so charming and adorable, I’m storing your creative idea for future reference. Thanks again Mary.

11. March 5, 2018 at 12:22 pm

Mary, I was waiting for a Tablescape featuring the DIY hat. I love the plaid tablecloth and cabbage plates with the cutwork runner. We went to Ireland in 2015, the Irish are so friendly and fun-loving. Dublin will stand out as one of my favorite cities that I have visited! What a perfect St. Patrick’s Day table. Wishing you a happy Monday, it is raining here.

12. Debbie
    March 5, 2018 at 12:30 pm

Love, love, love!!!

13. Catherine LUXEREAU
    March 5, 2018 at 12:39 pm

Bonsoir Mary, trĂšs trĂšs chouette votre table j’adore …😉j’ aime beaucoup vos assiettes..elles sont trĂšs belles !!! Trop mignon les petits trĂšfles paillettes et le ruban a chapeaux !!! Vraiment trĂšs beau…. you’re the Best !!😄 quelle imagination et quelle creativite…bravo

14. March 5, 2018 at 12:45 pm

Mary, I love this! I clicked over to check out the tutorial, I’m off to find supplies for my St. Pat’s table! ♣

15. March 5, 2018 at 12:48 pm

I have GOT to find some of those wonderful BP cabbage plates! Love your festive centerpiece too!

16. March 5, 2018 at 3:23 pm

Oh I want to set a table for St. Patrick’s Day now! I’m glad it falls on a Saturday this year, it makes celebrating all the more fun! ♣

17. March 5, 2018 at 3:25 pm

The Irish lace is a nice touch—–! Great tablescape!

18. Marion
    March 5, 2018 at 4:30 pm

Beautiful,Beautiful as usual.
    Marion

19. Joan
    March 5, 2018 at 4:31 pm

Everything is so elegant. I love the ribbon.
    Joan

20. Marilyn
    March 5, 2018 at 4:32 pm

Mary your table is elegant. The Irish lace is very pretty.
    Marilyn

21. March 5, 2018 at 5:43 pm

Very pretty Mary! I don’t know if the glitter attracts Leprechauns… But I seem to always be drawn to it:@)

22. Virginia
    March 5, 2018 at 6:49 pm

Wanted to add to my previous comment. I saved your how to instructions for the leprechaun hat to Pinterest, and just received an email that seven others had pinned it as well. Thanks again for your inspiration.â˜˜ïžđŸ‘’ 🇼đŸ‡Ș

• March 5, 2018 at 6:57 pm

Thank you Virginia!♄♣

23. March 6, 2018 at 9:03 am

It is amazing how you always have a new idea! Pinning!

24. March 6, 2018 at 10:08 am

Awww, Mary….all your greens look so pretty!! I have those same dishes, gold coins & flatware but none of your energy to create such a pretty tablescape. Thank you for sharing yours!

25. Cyndee Randall
    March 6, 2018 at 12:42 pm

I have the same cabbage leaf dishes. I have always used them with my strawberry dishes in summer. Never thought to use them for St. Patrick’s Day. You are always inspiring. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

26. March 6, 2018 at 8:44 pm

The centerpiece is too cute for words!!!….Love it! … you are amazing….the table is spectacular!!!

27. March 6, 2018 at 11:22 pm

Great minds think alike. I bought that same ribbon yesterday ! Love the tablescape and the photos are awesome as usual.

28. Norma Rolader
    March 9, 2018 at 8:39 pm

So beautiful and festival

Thank you for your comments~ they make my day ♄

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )