National Margarita Day & Mardi Gras-Ritas

Mardi Gras-Rita

February 22nd is National Margarita Day,

with Mardi Gras approaching March 4th,

celebrate with a Mardi Gras-Rita!

For the three colors of Mardi Gras, there are three frozen layers of flavor:  green representing faith and the traditional lime flavor;  gold for power and mango flavor;  and purple for justice and mixed berry blended with pomegranate juice.

For the traditional lime flavor, follow your favorite recipe or use the one on the back of the Bicardi Margarita Mixer can, adding tequila and triple sec or Grand Marnier. For the gold layer and mango flavor, I used Pioneer Woman’s recipe. And for the purple layer or pomegranate flavor, I followed Bobby Flay’s recipe and added some frozen mixed berries for a little lagniappe :) and deeper color.

If you prefer to stick one flavor for National Margarita Day, I highly recommend the mango. Mango chunks are in the freezer section of the grocery store and also chilling in the produce area for easy & quick blending.

Happy National Margarita Day and

Laissez les bons temps rouler :)

Marvelous Mondays,  Metamorphosis Monday,

The ScoopWow Us WednesdaysFoodie Friday,

Seasonal Sundays

23 comments for “National Margarita Day & Mardi Gras-Ritas

1. February 22, 2014 at 7:18 am

We love margaritas!yum! Having a gathering this week and I will make this recipe! Have a great weekend!

2. Peggy Thal
    February 22, 2014 at 8:28 am

What a beautiful margarita!! Can’t wait to try it. I am a real big fan of mango. Thanks for sharing! I hope your garden shed is getting back to as beautiful as you had it before.

3. February 22, 2014 at 8:59 am

Pour me one, please! I could use it right now. Mangoes, pomegranates and lime all mixed together with tequila ~~ sounds like a wonderful combination! Linda

4. February 22, 2014 at 11:16 am

What a great idea! Love this margarita and your blog. Found my way here from Pinterest. I will be following you there and at Bloglovin. Have a wonderful day!

5. February 22, 2014 at 1:50 pm

See, now that’s a holiday I can really enjoy!!! Your ‘rita looks beautiful Mary and I’m sure it tastes even better-enjoy:@)

6. February 22, 2014 at 2:46 pm

How fun!

I haven’t seen the Del Monte mango in our store shelves…Will have to look for them to use until mango season arrives, which is June-July-August here…

7. February 22, 2014 at 2:54 pm

Oh , I would LOVE to share one of these with you!!! Looking out over the water and just chatting away! You always make everything look SO beautiful! We are having a mardi Gras party at the clubhouse and we are to bring our favorite drink: this will be mine:) Question: I LOVE mango and buy the jars all the time. They used to carry apricots too (that I used with pork loin) and I can not find them anywhere. Do you still see them? Just curious.

8. February 22, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Wow Mary…what a fabulous drink…looks delicious and so pretty!!!
    Pinned away!

9. February 22, 2014 at 6:26 pm

That’s one colorful and fancy margarita. ‘-)

10. February 22, 2014 at 8:14 pm

Best Mardi Gras recipe ever! I bet it tastes as good as it looks! I wonder why National Margarita day is in February, instead of a warm month…You are Queen of the fancy schmancy cocktails Mary!!

11. February 22, 2014 at 10:12 pm

What a festive Mardi Gras margarita, Mary! I love the layers and the meaning that each color represents. Pour me one, please! xo

12. February 23, 2014 at 6:25 am

Stopping by to wish you a very Happy Margarita Day!! We are actually celebrating tonight instead!! Hugs to Chloe and Gracie! xo

13. paula
    February 23, 2014 at 8:06 am

~Mary~
    Darn I would have enjoyed that, but I was celebrating George Washington’s Birthday !
    Paula
    In.

14. February 23, 2014 at 8:25 am

Mary, how fun! Your mardi gras margaritas sound so yummy! We love margaritas here… I’m keeping this recipe to make this summer! Happy Margarita Day!

15. Bev
    February 23, 2014 at 9:54 am

Love this idea! Colorful and delicious.

16. February 23, 2014 at 9:46 pm

These look like so much fun! Love all of the color.

Great to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

– The Tablescaper

17. February 24, 2014 at 3:27 pm

I came over because of you Apple Cake on Marvelous Monday, but then spotted this in your sidebar. I love it! Definitely going to pin and make. Thanks for sharing!

18. February 24, 2014 at 9:22 pm

Never met a margarita I didn’t like, and I’m sure this beautiful specimen will be no exception!

19. March 3, 2014 at 9:43 pm

Yummy! I just started a brand new linky party called Tasty Tuesday and would love it if you linked up your recipe!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 4,406 other followers