A Charleston Stroll: Gates, Gardens and More

Happy Sunday! I’m taking you back to Charleston, South Carolina today and sharing some photos of beautiful wrought iron gates, glimpses into courtyard gardens and some of the church steeples that can be seen rising above the otherwise low-rise skyline making Charleston known as The Holy City.

You can take a peek at the beautiful and blooming window boxes of Charleston here, if you missed it.

This is a photo heavy post I took over 500 photos over the course of the weekend, editing them down to about 360 photos–> I’m not a very good editor. ;)

Enjoy your scroll and stroll through Charleston :)

Happy Sunday!

Thank you for your visit!

Sharing with:  The Scoop,  Wow Us Wednesdays,
   Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party

28 comments for “A Charleston Stroll: Gates, Gardens and More

1. March 26, 2017 at 8:12 am

I just told my husband the other day that I would like to go to Charleston again. Haven’t been in years. Great photos!

2. Jacklyn carney
    March 26, 2017 at 8:41 am

~ Mary ~
    You captured so much beauty, thank you so much for sharing……..Stunning!

3. Bonnie
    March 26, 2017 at 8:43 am

Such beautiful photos thanks for sharing them. I’ve only been there once and loved it.

4. March 26, 2017 at 8:44 am

Charleston is so full of eye candy Mary, and your camera caught some magical shots…thanks so much for the living room tour, it makes me want to pick up my paint brush :)

5. March 26, 2017 at 9:25 am

I know what you mean about taking lots of photos, when you have an artistic eye, there is beauty in so many things! Wonderful theme today of the wrought iron and gates.

6. March 26, 2017 at 9:26 am

Wow, it sure looks like spring has sprung! Sounds like you had a nice weekend Mary-enjoy:@)

7. Karen
    March 26, 2017 at 9:29 am

Beautiful pics! Now I really want to go there.

8. Kristine
    March 26, 2017 at 9:32 am

Oh so pretty! Thank you for sharing! Felt like I was on a stroll myself. Happy Sunday!

9. Yvonne
    March 26, 2017 at 11:19 am

Thank you for the beautiful photographs…so much lovely inspiration

10. Ellen Stillabower
    March 26, 2017 at 11:42 am

All gorgeous!! My favorites are the churches and the balconies!!! ⛲️💒❤

11. Linda Schmidt
    March 26, 2017 at 11:43 am

Just beautiful

12. MJ
    March 26, 2017 at 12:44 pm

Your pics are gorgeous! Charleston is one of America’s great cities.

13. March 26, 2017 at 1:55 pm

I had so much fun pinning your gorgeous pictures, I forgot to say thank you for the WONDERFUL POST. Charleston and Savannah, are probably one of my favorite places to visit. Thanks, Sandi

14. Mary Hennessey
    March 26, 2017 at 2:05 pm

I could enjoy looking at all 500 pictures you took of Charleston and still want more . You are such a talented individual and I enjoy everything you share with us!! Mari in Colorado

15. March 26, 2017 at 2:53 pm

Thank you for a look of Charleston. I am taking a road trip in May and will be visiting Charleston.
    Love your selection of sites to see while in Charleston.
    Joyously,
    Betty

16. Virginia
    March 26, 2017 at 5:50 pm

Charleston is such a beautiful city. Thanks for taking me there again through the lens of your camera. Your photographs are wonderful, you are such a professional.

17. March 26, 2017 at 6:24 pm

Mary, it has been several years since I was in Charleston, but your gorgeous photos make me want to return. I love the beautiful and heavy iron work in Charleston…gorgeous fences and gates! Thanks for taking me back!

18. Marty K
    March 26, 2017 at 8:05 pm

Enjoyed your post! Haven’t been to charleston since 1958…need to go back!

19. March 26, 2017 at 8:53 pm

Such incredible photos of my favorite place in the whole world!!!

20. March 26, 2017 at 10:33 pm

That was a trip down memory lane, Mary, from my trip there last September! I want to go back….maybe some day. Thanks for sharing the beauty.

21. March 26, 2017 at 11:06 pm

Beautiful pictures! I love Charleston. The iron work is so gracious. I had scrolled window grilles made for my sunroom last year and another for a kitchen window this year. I love wrought iron.

March 27, 2017 at 12:54 am

How very pretty! Love all the beautiful pictures of the churches and their spires, which you don’t see much today on the modern chuches and that is so sad. The wrought iron work is lovely. I have never been to North or South Carolina, but have it on my bucket list and this makes me even more eager. One day this northern girl will make it down south and oh, how happy I will be! Thanks Mary!

23. Vel
    March 27, 2017 at 9:44 am

Simply stunning photos. We are planning our first trip to Charleston during mid Apri and I too hope to take many photos. Could you kindly tell me what area of town I can find these beautiful places you photographed. Thanks ever so much.

• March 27, 2017 at 11:07 am

Hi Vel, You’ll want to wander all over the downtown peninsula with your camera. Rainbow Row is along East Bay Street, you’ll find beautiful homes to see along the Battery. The Pineapple Gates House (Simmons-Edwards House) is on Legare Street. Lots of beautiful homes in the residential section of King Street and South of Broad. :)

24. Darlene Gardner
    March 28, 2017 at 8:46 am

What gorgeous photos! Now is the time to visit since you have the beauty of spring without the oppressive heat of summer. Thanks for sharing.

25. March 28, 2017 at 11:03 pm

There is nothing like Charleston…I can walk for hours on end and never tire of seeing the gardens and those gorgeous iron gates and fences….truly a magical place to be! I need to take a trip there soon to see the Spring flowers in the window boxes and oh the Symphony Showhouse too!

26. bobbi duncan
    March 30, 2017 at 9:09 pm

Charleston has so many gorgeous architectural features and your great photography captured them perfectly! Thank you for this lovely armchair tour. Hopefully, we’ll get to go back again next year, maybe in the spring when everything is so pretty.

27. Barbara Harilaou
    April 4, 2017 at 6:08 pm

Beautiful pictures. Thank you so much for sharing.I really enjoyed this post.

Thank you for your comments~ they make my day ♥

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w