Chalking it Up: Happy Spring Blooms!

We’re enjoying some welcome 70 degree temperatures our first week of spring that has my palms itching to dig in the dirt!

Our frost date is April 15th so I’m biding my time and satisfying my craving for flowers with spring bulbs. . .

Hyacinths and Daffodils and chalkboard blooms on my Potting Shed door.

I was able to salvage some plum tree blossoms that I cut before our freeze last weekend. I placed them in a bucket in the garage so I could enjoy the pretty pink blooms longer than Mother Nature would allow.

And I picked up a flat of violas to plant that can tolerate our roller coaster spring temperatures and weather.

I found this cute green plaid bunny doormat at World Market a couple of weeks ago.

I couldn’t resist having a little fun with the bunny tail and bouquet his bouquet of flowers. ;)

Walmart had a beautiful selection of spring bulbs. . . large pots of fragrant hyacinths and cheery daffodils for $5 and mini pots for $1.

My vintage metal picnic basket became a make shift planter, lined with some plastic and filled with pots of bulbs.

I added a layer of Spanish moss on top, and tucked in a bird’s nest, along with some speckled faux Easter eggs.

Hope you’re enjoying some spring blooms where you are!

Thank you for your visit!

Sharing with:  Metamorphosis Monday,
The ScoopWow Us WednesdaysTablescape Thursday,
 Home Sweet Home,  Feathered Nest FridayFoodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party

23 comments for “Chalking it Up: Happy Spring Blooms!

1. Shelley Trunnell
    March 24, 2017 at 6:34 am

Beautiful photos. Makes me want to start planning my gardens and get out plant shopping. About two months to go here in Iowa though to be safe from frost. Thanks for the glimpse of Spring.

2. Linda L
    March 24, 2017 at 6:44 am

What’s more perfect than a combination of yellow and blue spring flowers? Yellow and blue spring flowers with a birds nest! Such a treat for the eyes this morn. Thanks and happy weekend.

3. Donna Rowe
    March 24, 2017 at 7:38 am

so pretty

4. March 24, 2017 at 8:19 am

So pretty and fun! Love your chalkboard door. I wish I had your artistic talent with chalk! 🙂

5. yourtealife
    March 24, 2017 at 8:23 am

Beautiful! Your lovely blog is a lovely way to start my day! Thank you!

6. Ellen Stillabower
    March 24, 2017 at 8:29 am

Gorgeous!! Waiting for our stores to get the blooming bulbs in to do my basket!! Also, waiting for warmer weather!! Easter getting closer…hopefully, so is the warmer weather!! 🌼🌼🌼🌼

7. Janet Ramsey
    March 24, 2017 at 8:50 am

I look forward to seeing your ideas so much. I love the table settings so much. Your linens are always pressed and so pristine. I have purchased many of the patterns of dishes that you have displayed. My Mom and Grandmother collected pretty dishes and passed them down to me. Decorating with you is like a breath of spring. Everyday is a holiday to me!

8. March 24, 2017 at 9:04 am

Omg Mary that bunny mat!! You are destroying my resolve to not buy anything!! that is the cutest ever, and the way you styled is too cute…😂 I love your blooming hyacinth tub and flowers frolicking everywhere…happy digging!

9. March 24, 2017 at 9:09 am

Your posts always put a smile on my face, dear Mary! The new bunny rug with your cute additions, added the chuckle factor this morning. I’m ooh and ahhing over the vintage picnic basket and your work of art chalk board. I’ve been busy getting my hands dirty by planting my hanging baskets on the fence and refreshing some pots. Happy Spring planting, Mary! 🌷

10. March 24, 2017 at 10:24 am

Mary, the bunny mat is adorable, I need one! All the pretty blooms make me want to get my hands in the soil, but I am holding off! Happy weekend’

11. Laurie
    March 24, 2017 at 12:05 pm

Pretty and inspirational, I’m heading to Eorld Markey & Walmart! Thank you🌷🐰🌹

12. Laurie
    March 24, 2017 at 12:06 pm

Pretty and inspirational, I’m heading to World Market & Walmart! Thank you🌷🐰🌹

13. March 24, 2017 at 1:07 pm

Beautiful as always Mary!!!! Enjoy!!!!

14. March 24, 2017 at 2:03 pm

I love buying those pots of [hyacinth] bulb flowers at Walmart. I use them for my Easter decor, then plant afterwards. It’s like a gift to myself, esp the first year after, when they spring up. Love them. Have a great weekend.

15. March 24, 2017 at 2:34 pm

Love the beautiful hyacinths, tulips and daffodils for Spring…you gave me a great idea for my porch. Can’t wait to get home and freshen my porch for Spring. I so love seeing that “Happy Spring” chalkboard sign! So great that you thought to cut some stems from your tree before the frost came…they are beautiful!….Happy Spring and have a great weekend!

16. Joan
    March 24, 2017 at 4:10 pm

Your Spring blooms are lovely. I love the bunny rug. So cute.
    Joan

17. Joan
    March 24, 2017 at 4:14 pm

Last week we had a storm. It was supposed to leave a foot or more of snow. Instead we had about 5 inches and a few inches of ice. This week the temperatures rose and we have melting. The flowers that came up prior to the storm have gone. We have more buds coming up. Your decorations and flowers are gorgeous. Good Luck in the planting.
    Marion

• Marion
      March 24, 2017 at 4:21 pm

That name on top should be Marion not Joan. Sorry for the confusion.
      Marion

18. Marilyn
    March 24, 2017 at 4:20 pm

Everything is so lovely. I just ordered some flower seeds ,bulbs,grass seed,potting soil and pots. i will look into Walmart for some more things. Thanks for the information concerning Walmart.
    Marilyn

19. March 24, 2017 at 5:00 pm

AWWWWW!~totally Cute! Love the idea of the picnic container …will have to try that, somewhere, Sandi

20. Paula
    March 24, 2017 at 8:32 pm

~Mary~
    Looks lovely of course !! I love the old metal picnic basket filled with the cheery spring flowers !! Cute bunny mat, I wish we had World Market in this area .
    Have a super weekend !
    Paula
    IN

21. April 3, 2017 at 1:34 pm

That planter is perfect! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!