Brains of Cawing Ravens

I conjured up some Brains of Cawing Ravens~

aka, White Chocolate Popcorn Crunch

More of a Spell or procedure rather than recipe, best of all~

No Cauldron Required!

Here are the ingredients you will need~

Start with Brains of Cawing Ravens ~

aka Popcorn

White Chocolate Almond Bark (Arsenic-laced of course :)

or White Chocolate Baking Chips~

Witches Blend~ A mix of Pretzels and Nuts

(I did a double take after I loaded this photo of the Witches Blend label :)

Bat Fangs, 100% Organic~

aka Candy Corn

Lord Neckswoop’s Blood Drops, Sweet & Succulent~

aka Dried Cranberries

Eye of Newt, aka Wilton Candy Eyeballs

(I found mine at Target)

I used the Jolly Time White Chocolate Crunch Popcorn recipe, as a guide, melting my white chocolate bark but coating the popcorn only.

Spread the coated popcorn on a wax paper or parchment lined baking sheet(s) to cool and set.

After the chocolate has set, break popcorn pieces apart, and stir in your other ingredients with a sinister skeletal hand~

Store in an airtight container~  serve in Treat Pails or Bags.

(Pail from World Market)

Don’t forget your Eye of Newt!

A Sweet & Salty Treat~

Adjust the ratio of candy to pretzels & nuts for your Trick-or-Treaters or party-goers’ taste buds~

I found Martha Stewart labels at Michaels but there are lots of printable labels on Pinterest, here.

Marvelous Mondays, Metamorphosis Monday,

The ScoopInspire Me Tuesday,

Wow Us WednesdaysTutorials Tips and Tidbits,

Home Sweet HomeFoodie FridayBe Inspired Friday,

Seasonal Sundays

36 comments for “Brains of Cawing Ravens

1. Nancy Bednar
    October 5, 2012 at 7:55 am

I love your recipes and have made both the Basil Salt and Scary Hand Pies. Can’t get those great skeleton hands out of my mind….where are they from? Please share? thanks for your inspiration – you’re style is lovely!

2. October 5, 2012 at 7:57 am

Looks like you are ready for Halloween! Fun post!

3. October 5, 2012 at 8:23 am

Nancy~ The skeleton servers came from Target last year. They have some similar this year and I’ve also seen some at World Market :)

4. October 5, 2012 at 8:31 am

So cute…the graphics are so much fun, Mary! I recently read City of Ravens, about the ravens at the Tower of London and the lore surrounding them. :D

5. October 5, 2012 at 8:36 am

How do you do it, Mary? Post after post you come up with new creative ideas that are an absolute delight!

6. Debbie
    October 5, 2012 at 8:40 am

LOL love your comment about second look at witches brew – I did the same thing! I’m definitely going to have to try this recipe! Love all of your posts – you are just so talented – thanks for sharing your creativity with us!

7. Debbie
    October 5, 2012 at 8:41 am

Oops meant blend not brew – TGIF!!!!

8. Jo
    October 5, 2012 at 8:46 am

This so darn cute!…I saw your #90 link-up at Foodie Friday,just had to pop over and check it out….perfect spooky snack…lovin’ on these labels!!

9. October 5, 2012 at 9:21 am

Such fun Mary! Love those funky, old timey labels. They really are the finishing touch. Yay for Halloween! –Lucinda

10. October 5, 2012 at 10:09 am

I had to do a double-take, too!!! Even after the 2nd look, I STILL wasn’t completely sure about that! :-) This is a really spooky fun post, and I know the brains would be gobbled up in no time!

11. October 5, 2012 at 10:53 am

Mary, you come up with the most creative ideas! This is so fun! You never miss a single detail!

12. October 5, 2012 at 11:30 am

This title is the most distinctive one ever. I imagine Search Engine Optimization would be puzzled. But who cares about that, right? The witches blend label could go either way indeed. Creative, creative post. You are topping yourself:}

13. October 5, 2012 at 1:32 pm

A complete treat!

14. October 5, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Halloween is not my most favorite holiday, but you make it so much fun! I always share your Halloween ideas with my niece in Greensboro who goes all out every year during this time of year…

15. Happier Than A Pig in Mud
    October 5, 2012 at 7:23 pm

How fun! Gotta chuckle at the Witches Blend label font:@) Speaking of black birds… I took a walk this morning and never heard so much noise and chatter, the trees on one street were LOADED with black birds. So cool for Halloween month! Have a great weekend Mary:@)

16. October 6, 2012 at 2:30 pm

This is just darling Mary. Thanks for sharing such a fun idea!! I think I’ll do this for our annual preHalloween party for the grandkids. I know they will love it!!! N.

17. October 6, 2012 at 7:29 pm

I actually DID see it as “Bitches Blend”, LOL!!!! I agree with Lulu, you have an endless supply of creative juices and I LOVE every post you do. XO, Pinky

18. October 6, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Super fun Halloween!

19. October 6, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Sooo fun! Reminds me of something I did with my daughters a few years back.

– The Tablescaper

20. October 6, 2012 at 9:48 pm

This is so cute! Great Halloween snacks! I love the photo of the skeleton hand with the popcorn and spider against the silver tray. Thanks for another great post!

21. October 6, 2012 at 9:54 pm

You always put such wonderfui attention to detail in every post, Mary! This one is no exception. Love it all!

22. October 6, 2012 at 10:13 pm

You are so very creative! I would love to enter your brain for a while and take notes.

Big Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

23. October 7, 2012 at 11:20 am

What fun ideas you’ve shared, Mary! I love the recipe for the brains. It sounds tasty and so colorful. I did a double take, too, on the ” Witch’s Brew” label. You never cease to amaze me with your creativity.

24. October 7, 2012 at 5:05 pm

YUM!!!!!!!!! And how cute! Love the spiders crawling through everything. Another amazing photo shoot girl! Have a great week.
    Charlene & Elle

25. October 7, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Do you ever hear from Jain? I miss her blog (Blue Moon) so much. Are you guys still doing the book one? If so send me the link please. HUGS!

26. October 7, 2012 at 7:44 pm

I had to look a little closer at the Witches Blend! Very funny. What a spooktacular treat!!

27. October 8, 2012 at 12:37 am

Mary, I don’t dare make this. I’d be eating this night and day. I’ve already made the mistake of buying a bag of those “bat fangs”. That didn’t last long.
    Thanks for sharing this spooky treat! ;-)

28. October 8, 2012 at 10:21 am

Those are hysterical! I love the labels and the “ghoulish” ingredients! So perfect for Halloween. Visiting from Between Naps on the Porch! Come on over to my blog – I’m having a giveaway!

Jeanine

29. October 8, 2012 at 12:47 pm

This is really cute. You put alot of work into this post and it is very enjoyable, not to mention how delicious it all looks!

30. October 8, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Adorable presentations for a great party! Hope you are having a great week and thanks for sharing.
    Miz Helen

31. October 8, 2012 at 7:36 pm

Mary…this is the greatest…such creativity everywhere…I so love it!!

32. Rattlebridge Farm
    October 10, 2013 at 11:26 pm

Mary, Halloween looks like a fun day at your house! I’m enjoying all of the brilliant details. See you at Apple Week!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,995 other followers