Join me for a ‘Teeny’ bit of table inspiration from
Gone with a Handsomer Man by Michael Lee West.
Besides some table inspiration, this book provided me with lots of laughs
from the cast of quirky characters, along with some major food cravings.
Teeny Templeton, is an out of work pastry chef who cuts her own hair, does her own nails,
prefers cotton over silk, and plain white dishes that don’t match.
She sets the table with some blue & white floral dishes. . .
“I set the patio table with blue-and-white floral dishes,
added a vase filled with hydrangeas. . .”
There are no hydrangeas at my table,
but my peonies have just begun to bloom!
Villeroy & Boch “Switch 3” Dinnerware, a mix and match collection,
allows you to combine patterns to personalize your table.
The Cordoba dinner plate has a bird and flower design, reminiscent of Portuguese tiles. . .
The Castell salad plates have a checkerboard motif,
a pattern perfect for the countryside, or lakeside!
I added hobnail glasses to the table that Teeny’s ‘Aunt Bluette’
might have served iced tea in.
Iced Tea that a girl from
a peach farm could love. . .
Summer Peach Tea Punch,
recipe courtesy Southern Living
Makes 1 gallon
3 family-size tea bags
2 cups loosely packed fresh mint leaves
1 (33.8-oz.) bottle peach nectar
1/2 (12-oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1/2 cup Simple Sugar Syrup
1 (1-liter) bottle ginger ale, chilled
1 (1-liter) bottle club soda, chilled
Garnish: fresh peach wedges
Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan; add tea bags and mint leaves.
Boil 1 minute; remove from heat. Cover and steep 10 minutes.
Discard tea bags and mint. Pour into a 1-gal. container; add peach nectar,
lemonade concentrate, and Simple Sugar Syrup.
Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours.
Pour chilled tea mixture into a punch bowl or pitcher.
Stir in ginger ale and club soda just before serving.
Summer Peach Tea Punch
- 3 family-size tea bags
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 33.8-oz. bottle peach nectar
- 1/2 12-oz. can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup Simple Syrup
- 1 1-liter bottle ginger ale, chilled
- 1 1-liter bottle club soda, chilled
- Garnish: fresh peach wedges
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan; add tea bags and mint leaves. Boil 1 minute; remove from heat. Cover and steep 10 minutes.
- Discard tea bags and mint. Pour into a 1-gal. container; add peach nectar, lemonade concentrate, and simple syrup. Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours.
- Pour chilled tea mixture into a punch bowl or pitcher. Stir in ginger ale and club soda just before serving.
To make simple syrup:
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Boil, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and mixture is clear. Cool to room temperature (about 30 minutes).
- To make a cocktail version of this punch, add a combination of Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka and /or Peach Schnapps. Mix to your preferred ratio and crowd. A general formula to follow is 1 part alcohol to 3 parts mixer.
Teeny picks up dinner at the grocery store:
“I came out with an apple walnut salad with raspberry vinaigrette, a wedge of brie, and a cheesecake sampler.”
An Apple Walnut Salad~ sliced apples, walnuts, dried cranberries
and blue cheese crumbles on a bed of baby lettuce.
Teeny’s salad is dressed with raspberry vinaigrette.
We saved our calories for Brie,
so no cheesecake sampler for us :)
Brie in Puff Pastry
Coop: “ ‘I love how your mind works, Teeny. Like a bird hopping from twig to twig, never losing sight of the worm.’ ”
Enjoy this book and help yourself to
some Southern flavor, food & fun!
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase anything through an affiliate link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
“Teeny” table details:
Placemats & Napkins/ Bed, Bath & Beyond
Blue Goblets/ Dollar Tree
Villeroy & Boch “Switch 3” Dinnerware / HomeGoods
Hobnail Glasses & Pitcher/ World Market