Halloween Oreo Brownies

I’m a sucker for seasonal products & packaging. . .

the temptation, scary~

their frightening pull too much to resist!

Especially when Halloween Oreos

come in 5 BOOrific shapes, one a witch :)

I’ve seen Oreo Brownies all over Pinterest.

I found a recipe from Picky Palate~ dipping the Oreos individually in brownie batter and baking them in a muffin tin.

I used Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix~ next time I’d use a brownie mix without chocolate chips for easier dipping and a smoother Oreo Brownie.

Spray your muffin tin, liberally!

My brownies baked in about 15 minutes at 350 degrees~  depending on your oven, check them around 10 – 12 minutes, testing for doneness with a toothpick.

Ghirardelli Brownie Mix is fudgy~ I found it easier to remove the brownies after letting them cool in the pan and then refrigerating the pan 20 minutes.

I used some Wilton Candy Melts

and some sprinkles to dress up

the Oreo Brownies for Halloween~

I sent these to my husband’s office~ they disappeared quickly. . . no great surprise, since they are an Oreo wrapped inside a fudgy brownie layer!

They’re quick & easy for a party,

and festive served in cupcake liners!

There are 30 Oreos in a package, the Ghirardelli mix made enough batter to dip 19 cookies, if you use a family size brownie mix you’ll have enough batter for all 30 Oreos~ or just eat the remaining Oreos by themselves :)

A fun idea for the Winter Edition Oreos with their red creme filling too~ that will no doubt hit the shelves as soon as the Halloween merchandise is gone :)

You can use regular Oreos if you can’t find the Halloween version~ the sprinkles and orange-drizzled candy melt, a cheery costume for your Oreos to wear and for your trick-or-treaters or party goers to enjoy!

Metamorphosis MondayThe Scoop,

Inspire Me TuesdayWow Us Wednesdays,

Tutorials Tips and TidbitsOpen House Thursdays,

Foodie FridayHome Sweet HomeBe Inspired Friday,

Feathered Nest FridaySeasonal Sundays

41 comments for “Halloween Oreo Brownies

1. Happier Than A Pig in Mud
    October 17, 2012 at 6:21 am

Looks like a yummy treat Mary! Love the fun idea of turning the cupcake liner inside out too, very pretty:@)

2. October 17, 2012 at 6:31 am

That recipe sounds devilishly delicious !! I love the witches’ shoes!

3. October 17, 2012 at 6:32 am

Oooh, these look fantastic – for Halloween or any day of the year :)

4. October 17, 2012 at 7:05 am

Love the witch’s tights, LOL! These brownies look delish. My girls would love them!

5. October 17, 2012 at 7:47 am

Yum! I imagine this technique would be delicious with the mint Oreos as well. Great idea! I love the Oreo “legs” and the witch shoes.

6. October 17, 2012 at 8:10 am

You tempted by all things seasonal? Who would have guessed! (: the rest of us are lucky to share what you do with all your goodies.

7. October 17, 2012 at 8:41 am

You are so talented!! I love what you did for the legs! I’m a sucker for seasonal packaging myself! Esp. Halloween!

8. October 17, 2012 at 8:53 am

I need a 12 step program for your blog. I’m totally addicted!!!! WOW. Everything you do, amazing. Patty

9. October 17, 2012 at 9:47 am

What fun! You always come up with the cutest ideas. Love the witch’s cookie tights. ;-) Gotta make these brownies. Thanks for sharing your creative ideas……….Sarah

10. October 17, 2012 at 9:57 am

Mary…what a great idea…this is something I can enjoy doing with my granddaughter…so love how you lined the oreos as “legs” into the shoes..you are too darn creative…I so love it when your post pops up in my email..makes me smile and cannot wait to click and read!!…Amazing pics Mary!!

11. October 17, 2012 at 10:09 am

I have those witches shoes…are yours votive holders? What a clever idea to line up the Oreos as the legs:) I just might make these to take to our dinner group, even though I am not bringing dessert:0 Who could resist 2 desserts??? XO, Pinky

12. October 17, 2012 at 11:02 am

These are really cute, I am a sucker for seasonal treats and packaging too. Can’t help myself! Love these. xo

13. Leslie R
    October 17, 2012 at 11:53 am

Love these for our Halloween Trick or Treat Exchange at work! Another question regarding a past idea…the Ghostly Peeps. How long do you bake the brownies in the individual jars and how many 1/2 pint jars do you get from a brownie mix?

14. October 17, 2012 at 1:28 pm

The witch’s stockings and shoes is so clever!!! The idea of using contrasting double liners and turning one inside out is just too fun!

15. October 17, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Those witch stockings are the greatest, I love that! I have not seen the colored oreo cookies. The brownies sure look good, I would love one please while visiting home is where the boat is! Great photos…………..

16. Pat
    October 17, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Mary,
    You truly made me “Laugh Out Loud” when I saw the Oreos used as striped Witches tights!!! Too funny! Have a SPOOKtacular Halloween, dear friend!
    Fondly,
    Pat

17. October 17, 2012 at 9:35 pm

What a cute party treat, Mary! I love the witch’s shoes and especially her oreos stockings! I guess that gives a new meaning to “trick or treat, smell my feet….” ’cause you gave us “something good to eat”!!

18. October 17, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Wow those are yummy looking treats.

Dee

19. October 17, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Mary, you sure know how to dress a brownie! I just used that Ghirardelli brownie mix too and my brownies fell apart! Love that image of the oreos spilling out from the witch’s shoes!

20. October 18, 2012 at 5:26 am

Thanks for everyone’s comments! Kitty, yours made me laugh out loud! Pinky~ The witch shoes are votive holders from Pier 1 :)

21. October 18, 2012 at 7:48 am

LOVE the witch legs and the double liners, so clever. The Halloween “brownies” look irresistible!

22. October 18, 2012 at 5:02 pm

I didn’t have good luck with this recipe – happy to hear it worked well for you! Love your photos, especially the cookies in the shoes!

23. October 18, 2012 at 10:57 pm

These look so good! I love all the photos!

24. October 19, 2012 at 3:59 pm

What a cute idea, Mary! I have to find some Halloween Oreos!

25. October 19, 2012 at 6:03 pm

I love this idea. We do brownie with Oreos in the middle but this is so cute and easy. Definitely going to use the cookie idea for legs!!! They are perfect for our fun Halloween table. I can’t Pin on this IPad or I would be Pinning that to remember it! You are sooooooo fun!

26. October 20, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Love your creativity! So neat to stack the oreos to make them witches stockings!

– The Tablescaper

27. October 22, 2012 at 10:17 am

What a cute and yummy idea!

28. Pat
    October 22, 2012 at 7:21 pm

The balloon festival looked like so much fun — I loved the jack O lantern balloon!

The oreo brownie is a fabulous idea! I baked brownies this Sunday when we had our RE Open House so my house would smell enticing….lol!

29. October 24, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Yum! Wonderful recipe! Thanks so much for sharing. Won’t you come by and share at Totally Transformed? I know my readers would love to see. http://pjhdesignsoneofakind.blogspot.com Hope to see you. :-) Peggy

30. August 30, 2013 at 5:45 pm

a couple of people commented that their oreo brownies did not turn out, I don’t want that to happen, any tips?

31. August 30, 2013 at 7:28 pm

I’ve used Ghiradelli brownie mix and Betty Crocker mix for winter Oreos and had no problem.

32. October 14, 2013 at 6:58 pm

These look really yummy!

33. October 15, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Everything looks so cute and the oreos are such a great idea, love all that pumpkin orange color with the chocolate color, love the post…Phyllis

34. October 16, 2013 at 4:07 pm

YUMMM!! You always do such fabulous tablescapes, recipes never sparing on the details. I love it all. Come link this up too to Centerpiece Wednesday and share this idea with us. http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/2013/10/centerpiece-wednesday-97.html
    Karin :)

35. October 19, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Hi Mary!…Gotta love those Oreo stockings! Just wanted you to know that you have been featured on my blog! Thanks so much for sharing at The Scoop!…hugs…Debbie

36. October 21, 2013 at 6:05 pm

What a rich chocolate treat. Love how you used the halloween oreos to make the witches striped stockings. How clever!

37. September 15, 2014 at 10:26 pm

I LOVE this and am defiantly doing this for my kiddos Halloween parties. Out of all the Halloween Oreo ideas I’ve seen I like this the best b/c it’s not super labor intensive and looks like it tastes amazing! Thanks!!!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 4,179 other followers