Witches’ Brew Stew, aka Chicken Chili,
is a recipe that we enjoy and I’ve had bubbling in my cauldron before!
Like all witches, I have my own special potion for Witches’ Brew Stew,
adapted from Southern Living’s recipe.
Fire up your cauldron, or slow cooker!
No fussing or worrying about stirring in a clockwise direction
until your brew starts to bubble, and then stirring counter-clockwise. . .<|;>)
I found Fright Bites Tortilla Chips at World Market for a scarily good addition to accompany our bubbling stew~
along with this cast iron mini cauldron to serve it in.
🧹 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed and shredded
🧹 1 onion, chopped
🧹 1 (10 oz.) package frozen corn (I used 3/4 package of Trader Joe’s fire-roasted corn, comes in a 16 oz. pkg)
🧹 2 (15 oz.) cans Great Northern beans, rinsed, drained, and divided
🧹 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed, drained
🧹 1 (28 oz.) can Ro*Tel Original, (turn up or down the heat on your potion with mild or hot)
🧹 1 package taco seasoning (I used reduced sodium)
🧹 1 (32 oz.) carton chicken stock (I used reduced sodium)
🧹 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
🧹 1/2 cup milk
Add all ingredients into cauldron/slow cooker, reserving 1 can of Great Northern Beans, flour and milk.
Cook on low 6 hours.
Mash remaining can of beans in a small bowl.
Whisk together flour and milk, and stir into beans. Add to slow cooker and continue to cook 2 hours more hours.
Add toppings to custom blend your brew. . .
Green Onion, aka, Scale of Dragon
Cilantro, aka, Toe of Frog
Jalapeños, aka, Eye of Newt
Cheddar Cheese, aka, Root of Hemlock
Sour Cream, aka Maw of Shark
I highly recommend Wing of Bat Chips!
This stew is hearty, satisfying, and tasty~
especially after a long flight <|:>)
Witches’ Brew Stew, aka Chicken Chili
- slow cooker
- 1 rotisserie chicken meat removed and shredded
- 1 large large onion chopped
- 1 10 oz, package frozen corn (I used 3/4 package of Trader Joe’s fire-roasted corn, comes in a 16 oz. pkg)
- 2 15 oz. cans Great Northern beans rinsed, drained, and divided
- 1 15 oz. can black beans rinsed, drained
- 1 28 oz. can Ro*Tel Original
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning I used reduced sodium
- 1 32 oz. carton chicken stock (I used reduced sodium)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- Add all ingredients into slow cooker, reserving 1 can of Great Northern Beans, flour and milk.
- Cook on low 6 hours.
- Mash remaining can of beans in a small bowl. Whisk together flour and milk, and stir into beans. Add to slow cooker and cook 2 more hours.
- Serve with desired toppings: Green Onion, Cilantro, Jalapeños, Cheddar Cheese, and/or Sour Cream.
You can enjoy of a different Witches’ Brew, HERE.
Ravenous Witches might enjoy
recipe courtesy Pillsbury, HERE.
And a spellbinding read about a disturbing yet fascinating time period in American history. . .
the Salem Witch Trials.
“The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane travels seamlessly between the witch trials in the 1690s and a modern woman’s story of mystery, intrigue and revelation.”
I hope this Brew makes you
Happier than a Witch
in a Broom Factory. <|;>)