Asparagus Strawberry Salad with Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette

Asparagus Strawberry Salad with Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette banner

Asparagus Strawberry Salad with Orange Vinaigrette is spring on plate! Colorful and delicious with fresh spring asparagus and strawberries and pretty enough to serve company!

We enjoyed this salad for Easter. You can prepare the components of the salad in advance and assemble right before serving. Asparagus and strawberries may seem like unlikely salad partners, but their flavors are married with a light and easy orange vinaigrette dressing, and topped with the sweet and salty combination of bacon and sugared pecans!

I had a virtual taste of this salad at Cottage at the Crossroads. Jane also has feta cheese on her salad. I made a slight change to the dressing and pecans, but either way this is a salad I think you’ll enjoy if you’re a fan of asparagus and strawberries! Thanks Jane :)

Asparagus Strawberry Salad with Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette

Salad Ingredients

Bacon (2 to 3 slices, cooked and crumbled)

Asparagus spears, tough ends removed

Sliced fresh strawberries

Salt & pepper, to taste

Orange zest for garnishing if desired

Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients

1/4 cup olive oil

1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about ½ of an orange)

2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar

1 tablespoon Dijon mustard

2 teaspoons sugar or honey

Salt & pepper to taste

Sugared Pecan Ingredients

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1 egg white

1 tablespoon water

2 cups pecans

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread asparagus in a single layer on a foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast asparagus for 10 minutes until tender. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Chill in refrigerator until ready to assemble salad.

To make dressing, add all vinaigrette ingredients to a jar, shake vigorously to incorporate. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.

For Sugared Pecans:

Combine sugar, cinnamon and salt in a bowl; set aside. Whisk egg white and 1 tablespoon water together in a bowl until foamy (no liquid should remain). Add pecans, stirring to coat. Add sugar mixture to pecans, stirring until evenly coated. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil, sprayed with nonstick spray. Place pecans in a single layer on aluminum foil covered baking sheet. Bake at 300° for  30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Spread immediately in a single layer on wax paper; cool completely. Store in an airtight container.

DSC_6385.1-001

To assemble salad, arrange the roasted asparagus on serving platter. Place sliced strawberries evenly over the asparagus, top with the crumbled bacon, and pecans. Garnish with orange zest if desired. Drizzle with the dressing when ready to serve. You can find a printable recipe, here.

PicMonkey Collage salad1

Metamorphosis MondayThe Scoop,

Inspire Me TuesdayWow Us Wednesdays,

Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party

Home Sweet HomeShare Your Style

23 comments for “Asparagus Strawberry Salad with Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette

1. April 8, 2015 at 5:41 am

We love asparagus and strawberries in this household and this salad not only looks great but so healthy…and you had me at the orange balsamic dressing!…another recipe for the ladies lunch recipe box!….have a wonderful day Mary! And thanks to the fabulous Jane too!

2. April 8, 2015 at 6:59 am

Good morning! I make the sugared pecans but never thought of putting them in a salad! This recipe sounds amazing ! Will definitely try it. Have a great day.
    ( my email was down for almost a week and I was having withdrawals😄😄) 🌴🌞

3. Ellen Stillabower
    April 8, 2015 at 7:54 am

WOW!! Looks just yummy..love everything in that salad. Thank you for the recipe.

4. April 8, 2015 at 7:56 am

Oh yum! I need to make this. I love all the ingredients and they all sound so good together!

5. April 8, 2015 at 8:03 am

Mary, you are so right! This salad is definitely spring on a plate! We are getting some asparagus spears out of the garden, but not enough to make a salad yet. But when I have enough, I’m definitely making this again with the addition of your sugared pecans!

6. April 8, 2015 at 8:48 am

I am sure craving that salad now, Mary!! I have strawberries on my salad at lunchtime everyday, but have never thought to have asparagus instead of lettuce. The dressing sounds heavenly and I do love the crunch of candied nuts. I am so going to make this sometime soon.
    I love your asparagus pitcher, btw! I store my asparagus in a glass of watcher in the fridge, but your pitcher makes it extra elegant!!

7. April 8, 2015 at 8:50 am

looks deish! i am not a nut fan, will it still be fab nutless??? i am still smitten with that strawberry salad we all made for the nbs, so few ingridients and so fabulous!

8. April 8, 2015 at 8:53 am

Mary, I make a spinach and strawberry salad with walnuts which everyone loves, but next time I will definitely make this!! It sounds delicious! I was just reading an article about vintage and antique asparagus serving dishes which made my collecting blood stir, but I think your presentation is just as gorgeous as any of them. Yum, I can’t wait to try it, especially with the dressing! Linda

9. April 8, 2015 at 9:10 am

I love, LOVE asparagus and strawberries, so this is truly a keeper. Our Dinner group is next week so I will bring THIS salad, I know it will be a hiy! You alwats have me drolling: at your food AND your presentation! You even have asparagus in an asparagus pitcher!

10. franki
    April 8, 2015 at 11:18 am

You are “Johnny on the Spot!” Company coming this weekend for the week and this salad WILL BE on the menu!! THANKS!! franki

11. Melodie Strickland
    April 8, 2015 at 12:20 pm

Mary,

What a delightful idea for a salad. My hubby and I have been invited to a party on April 25th with other friends. This will be a good item to bring.

Melodie

12. April 8, 2015 at 12:56 pm

this looks so yummy, Mary, I’m pinning this!!

13. April 8, 2015 at 6:05 pm

Oh yum, all my favorite things on one delicious looking plate! I would have never thought to pair asparagus and strawberries, but I do love them both and the orange vinaigrette sounds Divine! This is going on my bucket list for May Mary, thank you so much!

14. April 8, 2015 at 9:20 pm

This is my kind of salad, Mary. thanks for sharing. I’ve never paired asparagus and strawberries, but I will now. Great idea!

15. Mari
    April 9, 2015 at 1:16 am

Wishing I could see more of the tablecloth. Have you used it in a table scape that is posted?

16. April 9, 2015 at 1:58 pm

How lovely! We love both strawberries and asparagus. This combination just speaks Spring!

17. April 10, 2015 at 2:11 am

This sounds amazing. Thank you so much for sharing.

18. Cynthia Raines
    April 10, 2015 at 11:39 pm

Yum! Will try this one for sure ~ Thanks!

19. April 14, 2015 at 2:05 pm

What a wonderful combo Mary and it looks fantastic! Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry