Making Spirits Bright: Christmas Sangria with Rosemary Simple Syrup!

Making Spirits Bright Christmas Sangria with Rosemary Simple Syrup!

I have a Christmas cocktail that’s guaranteed to make your spirits bright, Christmas Sangria with Rosemary Simple Syrup!

This sangria is as easy to mix as it is to drink and a festive cocktail for a crowd. You can easily adjust the fruit and ingredients to suit your tastes, or substitute sparkling water, lemon-lime soda or ginger ale for a non-alcoholic alternative.

I really love the addition of the rosemary simple syrup in this sangria, which you can make in advance and store it in the refrigerator until ready to mix and serve. The rosemary adds a piney note to balance the sweet, but if you’re not a fan of rosemary, omit it and use a plain simple syrup instead.

Christmas Sangria with Rosemary Simple Syrup, recipe adapted from Celebrate Magazine

Makes 8 Servings

Ingredients

1 (12-ounce) container frozen white grape juice concentrate, thawed

1 (750-ml) bottle chilled white wine (Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, or Reisling)

Rosemary Simple Syrup (recipe below)

1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced

Makes 1 1/2 cups

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups water

1 1/2 cups sugar

4 fresh rosemary sprigs

Directions

In a medium pan, stir together water and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and add rosemary sprigs and let steep until cooled completely. Remove rosemary and strain and store covered in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.

To Mix Sangria:

In a large pitcher, stir together grape juice concentrate, wine, and Rosemary Simple Syrup. Add fruit, stirring to combine.

Just before serving, stir in Prosecco. Garnish with rosemary, if desired.

If you’re feeling fancy and have the time, you can skewer cranberries on rosemary sprigs to garnish each drink.

You can find a printable recipe, here.

Wishing you Holiday Cheers!

Christmas Sangria with Rosemary Simple Syrup

Metamorphosis Monday,

The Scoop,  Inspire Me Tuesday,

Wow Us Wednesdays,

Home Sweet Home,  Foodie Friday

23 comments for “Making Spirits Bright: Christmas Sangria with Rosemary Simple Syrup!

1. December 11, 2015 at 7:45 am

What a picture perfect pitcher of Christmas cheer Mary! I have been on a rosemary kick lately, it’s just always tastes holidays to me, what a unique way to add it to the festivities! Cheers, and happy weekend~

2. emily antonecchia
    December 11, 2015 at 7:59 am

Could I heat purchased simple syrup and steep the rosemary …What do you think? I love your blog…..As I have said before, you keep me entertained trying to duplicate just a few of your beautiful ideas…..Thanks for the inspiration

• December 11, 2015 at 8:32 am

Thanks Emily! You could but it would be cheaper to mix equal parts water and sugar to make your syrup. You could even make it in the microwave, heating it until the sugar is melted then add your rosemary :)

3. December 11, 2015 at 8:21 am

Oh that looks so good! I think I just might have to make some! Merry Christmas to you!

4. December 11, 2015 at 8:31 am

What a festive and beautiful holiday drink, Mary! The addition of all that fruit certainly makes it healthy, right?! Thanks for another inspirational idea and cheers to you, Mary!!

5. Michelle
    December 11, 2015 at 8:35 am

This recipe sounds inviting and yummy! Will need to try it! How long will it last in refrigerator ?

• December 11, 2015 at 7:13 pm

Hi Michelle, If you’re serving the sangria for a party or guests, the fruit will look prettier and at its best if it’s served within a couple of hours of mixing. It will taste fine the longer it sits just keep mind that the Prosecco will start to lose its fizz shortly after it’s opened. :)

6. Stephanie
    December 11, 2015 at 8:50 am

Wow. That sounds and looks delicious. I always make a new concoction every Christmas and I think this may be the one :)

7. Linda L
    December 11, 2015 at 8:59 am

So beautiful and Christmasy looking! Friends are coming for a Christmas Eve lunch of lobster rolls and that looks like the perfect drink to have. One friend is a chef and I think he’ll like the rosemary addition to the sangria. Thanks for the inspiration.

8. Ellen Stillabower
    December 11, 2015 at 10:03 am

Looks relish!! Luckily I still have some Rosemary in my herb garden that hasn’t frosted..I’ll have to try!! MERRY CHEERS!!!🎄🍷

9. Karen
    December 11, 2015 at 10:44 am

You make everything look so beautiful!

10. December 11, 2015 at 12:56 pm

One of my foodie friends in Arizona made this recently and shared the recipe…I saved it for future use…but maybe I should be making it for the holidays this year as this is now the second time I am being tempted…

So beautiful and perfect for Christmas!

11. December 11, 2015 at 6:22 pm

So pretty! And the daily recommendation of fruit too:@)

• December 11, 2015 at 6:41 pm

Too funny Lynn! I seem to require a lot of “fruit” this time of year :)

12. Melodie Strickland
    December 12, 2015 at 2:47 pm

What an innovative idea for the holidays. Hope your MIL is continuing to recover and be home in time for Christmas.

13. Cynthia Raines
    December 13, 2015 at 6:29 pm

How pretty! I may have to try the non-alcoholic version using the sparkling grape juice. Also, I wanted to let you know I made the Cranberry-Apple-Pumpkin Bundt cake today with the maple frosting, pecan and pepitas for a desert at our our church dinner. It was WONDERFUL!! If flew off of the serving tray and at least 3 ladies want the recipe. You score again! Thanks for the great hit!

14. Diana / gardenthymewithdiana.com
    December 16, 2015 at 7:37 pm

Loved the bunnies, this was my favorite table setting. I make white sangria as well but never tried the Rosemary addition, I’ll try that next time. Merry Xmas