Love at First Bite: No Bake 5-Ingredient Chocolate Tart

9806.1

I’m serving up my favorite way to satisfy your inner chocoholic~ A No Bake 5-Ingredient Chocolate Tart guaranteed to make your sweetheart, family and friends swoon!

DSC_9849.1

It was love at first bite when I discovered this chocolate ganache tart!

Oh Chocolate Tart, How do I love thee? Let me count the ways:

♥ Make ahead.

♥ No-bake.

♥ No special skills needed in the kitchen, just chopping chocolate, pulsing cookies in the food processor, and heating cream just until boiling and stirring.

♥ Just 5 ingredients including the strawberries.

♥ The removable outer ring of a tart pan allows you the see the pretty edge of the crust and makes it easy to serve, especially that first slice.

♥ Decadent, luscious and splurge-worthy!

Strawberries and raspberries were on sale this week in anticipation of Valentine’s Day, so I used a combination of both berries for this tart, but feel free to skip the berries and serve this tart with a drizzle of salted caramel or a simple sprinkling of flaky sea salt for an easy and delicious finish.

Because the filling of this tart is just two ingredients, you want to use good quality chocolate and full fat, heavy cream, no substituting with light cream or half and half. The higher the fat content of the cream, the richer and more stable the finished ganache will be. I used a combination of bittersweet and semi-sweet chocolate.

For the cookie crust I used some seasonal Red Velvet Oreos for some additional Valentine’s Day red, but you can substitute regular Oreos or the cookies of your choice for the crust.  Red Velvet Oreos are not overly red velvety nor are they very cream cheesy, but they are pretty. ;)

No Bake 5-Ingredient Chocolate Tart

Makes an 11″ Tart

For crust: 1 package Oreos (or similar chocolate sandwich cookie, about 36)

Red Velvet Oreos are in smaller packages, around 24, so you’ll need 1 1 /2 packages to get 36

1 /2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted

DSC_9777.3

To make crust: Add Oreos (including the cream filling) to bowl of a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs. Pour in melted butter and pulse, mixing until well combined. Press the mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of an 11-inch tart pan. Tip: Use the sides and bottom of a measuring cup to help press crumbs evenly into sides and bottom of tart pan. Place crust in the refrigerator to chill and firm for 1 hour before adding filling.

DSC_9793.1

Ganache Filling:

(3) 4 oz. bars Premium Chocolate Baking Bars, Semi-Sweet or Bittersweet, (I used Ghirardelli and a combination of both semi-sweet and bittersweet)

1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream

DSC_9917.1-001

To Make Ganache filling:

Coarsely chop chocolate bars and place in a heat proof bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil over medium-high heat. Pour heavy cream over chocolate and let stand for 2-3 minutes, until chocolate has softened. Slowly whisk the mixture until smooth and chocolate is melted and shiny. Pour filling into prepared cookie crust. Place in fridge until set, about 4  – 6 hours or overnight.

*Note: Add any sliced strawberries just prior to serving, since cut berries will weep onto surface of ganache filling.

Printable Recipe

DSC_9949.1-003

Because, I’m a more is more kinda girl, especially when it comes to chocolate, I added a drizzle of additional chocolate top of the berries.

You can find more Valentine’s Day recipes and table inspiration to make your celebration extra sweet, here.

DSC_9872

I used my favorite 11-inch tart pan. It’s a Wilton® Advance Select™ Premium Nonstick 11-Inch Tart/Quiche Pan in Gunmetal. I found it for $14.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond. You can order it online or use the store locator to find one near you and use your 20% coupon.

Heart server / Towle Irresistible Heart Pie and Cake Server Set

DSC_0015.1

♥ Wishing you a Happy Valentine’s Day ♥

Thank you for your visit!

Sharing with: Metamorphosis MondayThe ScoopWow Us Wednesdays,

21 comments for “Love at First Bite: No Bake 5-Ingredient Chocolate Tart

1. February 13, 2018 at 9:04 am

Mary, your chocolate tart looks delicious! I love the easy steps and no bake. It looks as if you stayed in the kitchen hours preparing!

• February 13, 2018 at 9:34 am

Hi Pam, You’re so right about it looking like it took a lot of effort instead of being a breeze to make! I need to make that an addition to my love list :) ♥

2. Julie
    February 13, 2018 at 9:05 am

Mary, your photos are beautiful and the tart looks delish! Where did you find the wonderful dish towel and floral napkin? I so enjoy your blog! Julie

• February 13, 2018 at 9:08 am

Thank Julie, I found them at World Market a couple of years ago. ♥

3. Karen
    February 13, 2018 at 9:20 am

As always, another amazing recipe, I want to either make this one or your ‘No-Bake Chocolate Strawberry Ganache Tart with Chocolate Cookie Crust.’ Did you or your hubby prefer one over the other? I’d like to make one of these beauties for Valentine’s Day.

• February 13, 2018 at 9:25 am

Hi Karen, They are the same, just a matter of using regular Oreos versus the Red Velvet ones and adjusting your berries. The regular Oreos are just as good and easier to find. If you’re a fan of raspberries with chocolate definitely add them. Just remember to add the cut strawberries right before serving. Enjoy! Happy Valentine’s Day ❤️

4. Virginia
    February 13, 2018 at 9:57 am

Looking forward to preparing this delicious recipe and I was wondering if I could use a gluten free
    Chocolate cookie such as Tate’s’? I am expecting guests this weekend and one of them follows a gluten free diet due to celiacs. This recipe just looks so good and I think it would be a big hit.

• February 13, 2018 at 10:30 am

Hi Virginia, I’m sure you could! You just need enough quantity of cookie crumbs to fill the sides and bottom of your pan ❤️

5. prairie sunrise
    February 13, 2018 at 9:58 am

Tell us about those lovely white dessert plates, please? Thank you. This is a beautiful dessert and no fuss enough to try it out! :) jw

February 13, 2018 at 10:41 am

Mary, this is an over-the-top wonderful desert and such a pleasure to make because it is everything you said it is and more! I was so pleased with how mine turned out last year, like a real gourmet dessert, hehe. Thank you for your kind words yesterday, I will be taking it easy until my follow-up appointment to make sure medicine is working for me. Congratulations on being featured in Taste of Home for your Mardi Gras decorations. You are so talented and we love you. Happy Valentine’s Day! ❤

7. February 13, 2018 at 1:10 pm

Mary I can just taste this! Almost like chocolate dipped fruit only easier and so beautiful. This is a perfect dessert any time of year. I love the addition of the red velvet Oreos. I haven’t tried those yet.

8. Marilynn
    February 13, 2018 at 2:33 pm

Just curious, you mentioned the removable ring of the tart pan…but it looks like the Wilton pan you used doesn’t have a ring…is the crust easy to remove from regular tart pan without falling apart? And do you take the crust out of pan before filling? Can’t wait to try it…looks wonderful!!!

• February 13, 2018 at 4:18 pm

Hi Marilyn, The tart pan has a removable bottom that you slip out of the outer ring. You can see the outer ring in the photo of the crust and photo of the filling. After the ganache was set and I topped it with berries, I removed the tart from the outer ring. You just push up from the bottom of the tart pan carefully and transfer it to your serving or cake plate. Combining the cookies with the butter, pressing them in the pan and chilling the crust will help firm it up. You may lose a few crumbs of your crust but otherwise it stays intact. :)

• February 14, 2018 at 12:45 pm

Thank you!! Can’t wait to try it now. You are truly an inspiration to all of us…I always look forward to your posts.

9. February 14, 2018 at 8:29 am

I love tarts over pies, they are much easier to serve, and somehow seem a little less guilty :) I will admit this has me drooling in my coffee this morning! I have a similar strawberry tart recipe but it pales after seeing this! Your chocolate ganache filling is swoon worthy!! Happy Valentine’s Day Mary!

10. February 14, 2018 at 8:38 am

Ooh my Mary, if I didn’t already make creme brulee for dessert for today, I’d be making this yummy tart! However, that won’t stop me from making it in the future. Thanks for this beautiful and easy recipe. I’m a more is more kinda girl, too. Happy Valentine’s Day to you, dear Mary! xxoo

11. Catherine LUXEREAU
    February 14, 2018 at 1:04 pm

Bonsoir…
    Hum je prendrais bien une part de cette belle tarte….Elle semble délicieuse ! 😊 Bonne soirée ! Catherine

12. Donna B Oliphint
    February 14, 2018 at 5:54 pm

I’ve made this before, and it’s delicious. If you will heat some seedless raspberry preserves until they’re thickened a bit more than usual and then brush it over the berries, they won’t weep as much. That way you can finish it quite a while before you serve the tart. Refrigerate after brushing on the preserves.

13. Donna C
    February 16, 2018 at 6:46 am

OMG this looks incredible!

14. February 16, 2018 at 7:54 am

Incredible!…you had me at no-bake and 5 ingredients!!!

Thank you for your comments~ they make my day ♥

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )