Celebrate the Red, White and Blueberry with a Star-Spangled Fruit Tart! Quick and easy to make using refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough.
I have a last-minute recipe to help you celebrate the Red, White and Blueberry,
a Star-Spangled Fruit Tart!
A fancy version of a fruit pizza, made in a tart pan for easy removal for your Independence Day celebration!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information see my disclosure policy.
To make this tart I used my 11-inch tart and quiche pan with removable bottom, which makes a pretty fluted edge and for easy cutting and serving.
For a quick and easy shortcut, I used a 16 oz. package of Pillsbury Ready to Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies, found in the refrigerator section at the grocery store.
Press the cookies together so they cover the bottom of your pan and then bake according to package directions and your oven, around 10 – 15 minutes until golden brown.
Allow cookie crust to cool, then spread with a mixture of softened cream cheese and sugar. I used 12 oz. (1 1/2 packages) of softened reduced fat cream cheese and 1/3 cup of sugar, but use the ratio of sugar to cream cheese according to your taste.
I scored a star shape in the cream cheese and outlined with blueberries. Fill in the star with a combination of berries, I used raspberries and strawberries.
Refrigerate until ready to serve. We prefer the flavors within 2 – 4 hours while the chocolate chip cookie crust is still firm.
Liberate your tart pan from its ring and Proudly Serve!
Star-Spangled Fruit Tart with Chocolate Chip Cookie Crust
- 11 inch tart pan
- 16 oz. package Pillsbury Ready to Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 12 oz. cream cheese softened, reduced fat or full fat
- 1/3 cup of sugar or more to taste
- Assorted fresh berries, rinsed and dried strawberries, blueberries, and/or raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice cookie dough and press the cookies together so they cover the bottom of tart pan. Bake according to package directions and your oven, around 10 – 15 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
- Mix softened cream cheese with sugar until combined. Spread on cooled cookie crust.
- Score a star shape in the cream cheese and outline with blueberries. Fill in the star with a combination of berries, I used raspberries and strawberries.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve remove outer ring or tart pan, slice and serve. Best enjoyed within 2 - 4 hours for firm cookie crust.
- I used 2 pints of blueberries, 1 pint raspberries, and 16 oz. of strawberries.
- Best enjoyed within 2 – 4 hours while the chocolate chip cookie crust is still firm.
Help yourself to another easy patriotic dessert to celebrate the Red, White and Blueberry. . .
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase anything through an affiliate link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Find 25+ Patriotic Recipes for your Star-Spangled Celebration, HERE
Thank you for your visit, sharing with: