How to Dress Up Your Napkins with an Easy DIY: Sunflower Napkin Rings

Dress up your napkins with DIY Sunflower Napkin Rings, a blooming addition to your table and easy craft project!

How to Dress Up Your Napkins with an Easy DIY: Sunflower Napkin Rings #DIY #napkinrings #sunflowers #tablesetting #summer #fall #craft ©homeiswheretheboatis.net

Happy Friday!

How about a fun and easy craft project to dress up your napkins?

How to Dress Up Your Napkins with an Easy DIY: Sunflower Napkin Rings #DIY #napkinrings #sunflowers #tablesetting #summer #fall ©homeiswheretheboatis.net

My favorite source for napkin rings, Pier 1, is long gone…*sniff*.

With an upcoming Monday Morning Blooms post

featuring sunflowers, I was in need of sunflower napkin rings for my table.

Sometimes necessity is the mother of invention,

I assembled 6 napkin rings with a hands-on time of less than 20 minutes!

In addition to the hands-on time, you’ll need to allow for drying time for the adhesive,

which takes 24 hours to cure.

This post contains affiliate links. For more information see my disclosure policy.

How to Dress Up Your Napkins with an Easy DIY: Sunflower Napkin Rings using E6000, sunflower pins and side cutting pliers #DIY #napkinrings #sunflowers #tablesetting #summer #fall ©homeiswheretheboatis.net

I found this set of brooches on Amazon and thought it would be fun to have an assortment

of sunflowers blooming to mix and match at my table!

For the napkin rings themselves,

I used this this set of brown napkin rings

to represent the brown disk of the sunflower.

The napkin rings are made of an inexpensive plastic material  (-> cheap ;)

but I thought they resembled tortoiseshell

and they have a nice flat surface for the glue to adhere to.

In addition to sunflower brooches and napkin rings,

you’ll need a pair of side cutting pliers and some adhesive;

I used E6000.

E6000 adheres to glass, plastic, metal, vinyl, rubber, brick and wood.

I used the same method as with my Bee-Jeweled Napkin Rings,

snipping off the pin clasp on the back of the brooches,

that would prevent the sunflowers from sitting flat

and prevent good contact with the glue.

One of the pins had a loop to function as a pendant so I snipped that off too.

When all the pieces were snipped off,

I placed the napkin rings on a dish towel, to keep them stationary for the glue to cure

and applied the glue the center of the pins.

Make sure you use enough adhesive for good contact but not so much that it might seep out

and be visible from underneath the pin.

Follow the directions / precautions on the back of the E6000 and apply in a well-ventilated area.

For future use and easy cap removal of E6000, apply a little petroleum jelly to the threads of the tube before replacing the cap. #craft #DIY #tip ©homeiswheretheboatis.net

Tip: For future use and easy cap removal of E6000, apply a little petroleum jelly to the threads of the tube

before replacing the cap.

Just like in nature, I liked that some of the pins

in the assortment were buzzing with bees!

Sunflower with bumblebee ©homeiswheretheboatis.net

These napkin rings are easy to assemble and affordable too,

with the six napkin rings costing around $25 in total.

Use the pins and napkin rings of your choice and make them all match if you prefer.

🌻 🌻 🌻

Details:

Sunflower Runner and Napkins / HomeGoods

White Sunflower Plate / Hobby Lobby

Yellow Sunflower Bowl / Pottery Barn, several years ago, used HERE

As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase anything through an affiliate link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.

Thank you for your visit, sharing with:

Between Naps on the Porch

25 comments for “How to Dress Up Your Napkins with an Easy DIY: Sunflower Napkin Rings

1. Pamela Meyers Arbour
    July 28, 2023 at 6:32 am

Thanks for the good tutorial. Your tutorials are always good. I also like how you layers your napkins. I especially like the cotton lace on the edges of the solid color one.

2. Ann Woleben
    July 28, 2023 at 7:17 am

What a fun idea! My mind was buzzing with different possibilities after reading your tutorial. I always enjoy a new project.

3. July 28, 2023 at 7:20 am

Girl you are having fun!

4. July 28, 2023 at 8:23 am

Wonderful idea, Mary! And terrifically explained. Thanks!

5. Cheryl Anderson
    July 28, 2023 at 8:25 am

Looks like a fun project. I have been looking for some summery napkin rings and these fit the bill. I am ordering supplies to make the project. Thank you for your creativity and inspiration. Yours is definitely one of the best decorating blogs out there.

6. Rita C.
    July 28, 2023 at 8:30 am

What a perfect outcome – looks way more expensive than actual. Love the takeaway of using vaseline on the tube of E6000. I definitely needed that!

7. Clara
    July 28, 2023 at 8:38 am

Beautiful napkin rings. Great tutorial, especially how to get the glue top off again. Will be using this idea. Stay cool. Clara❤️

8. Donna
    July 28, 2023 at 9:10 am

I LOVE these. Miss Pier 1 as well

9. July 28, 2023 at 9:45 am

How cute these are. I think making your own is sometimes less than buying the napkin rings themselves. A little creativity goes a long way. They look fabulous with your sunflower napkins.

10. July 28, 2023 at 10:11 am

Such a lovely tutorial and so creative! I love them!

11. July 28, 2023 at 10:15 am

Very cute and clever Mary! I like that they are all slightly different…I know we all miss Pier 1, such a fun store to shop and explore! Thanks for the vaseline tip, very handy!

12. Maureen
    July 28, 2023 at 10:27 am

What a great idea! This can be tailored to any other brooches laying around your jewelry box. Your tutorial is so easy to follow. Love this post!!!

13. Ellen
    July 28, 2023 at 10:36 am

LOVE this idea! Probably could use other old jewelry! And, 😢 I miss Pier One also!! Thank you I will definitely try this!!! 🌻🌻🌻🌻

14. Pam
    July 28, 2023 at 11:18 am

Your tutorials are always excellent! I love the DIY napkin rings. The ring does look like tortoiseshell, not plastic looking at all. The fact that each napkin ring is different makes them so interesting. I know they are perfect for our upcoming sunflower post! Happy Friday, Mary!

15. Kim
    July 28, 2023 at 12:36 pm

Thank you for posting this and making me think outside the box, just the kick I needed.

16. Sarabelle
    July 28, 2023 at 12:42 pm

Adorable!

17. Aris
    July 28, 2023 at 1:32 pm

Clever and Classy! And thanks for the vaseline tip!

18. Dorinda Selke
    July 28, 2023 at 2:34 pm

Mary ~ aren’t these just so cute ! I love to introduce sunflowers in August and early September right before the pumpkins and leaves start making their appearance. These will be perfect for our table in our kitchen. And I’m kind of housebound with Lyme disease so I need crafts and projects to occupy my time. Take care and enjoy the rest of summertime. Hugs, Dorinda

19. Laura
    July 28, 2023 at 3:00 pm

What a sweet idea! Clever, cute, easy and affordable!

20. July 28, 2023 at 4:41 pm

Mary, these are just the cutest! I’m not crafty, but I just might need to try my hand at this project. I love the tortoise look of the napkin ring, and buzzing bees on sunflowers make my heart sing. You are so clever and never fail to inspire! Looking forward to Monday Morning Blooms!

21. Melody M Reed
    July 29, 2023 at 11:15 am

I love love love this craft project. The tortoise shell napkin rings really make it. You are so talented and clever. Now I’m on the hunt for just the right mix of things to make some fun napkin rings and napkins to go with whatever “buggy” theme I can come up with!

22. July 30, 2023 at 1:01 pm

How cute the napkin rings turned out, Mary! I got out my sunflower decor after I came back from
    Colorado. My plates are from Pier1 and I was telling my sister how much I miss that store. I hope you’re having a wonderful weekend! It’s soooo hot 🥵 here. 😘

23. Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors
    July 31, 2023 at 10:57 am

Mary, these napkin rings are absolutely precious! I adore sunflowers with their bright yellow color. They are such a happy flower. You always share the best DIY projects! Happy Monday!

24. July 31, 2023 at 2:17 pm

Hi Mary! I’m with everyone else. I absolutely love this project. I love tortoise, I love sunflowers and I love using napkin rings on pretty tables capes. I pinned this and I will be using your tutorial for inspiration down the road. Thank you. You always have such beautiful tables and great ideas to go with it. Have a fantastic day. XO- MaryJo