Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy formula for two-ingredient cupcakes! Ideal for when you’re short on eggs and in need of a short cut!
My name is Mary and I’m a lazy baker. . .
I’m happy to use a short cut for a cake or cupcakes, especially during the lazy days of summer.
These cupcakes couldn’t be easier, made with just two ingredients:
a 12 ounce can of soda and a boxed cake mix!
I used a Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
and a can of 7-Up for additional lemon flavor.
Just cake mix and a can of lemon-lime soda. . . no oil, eggs or water.
A handy formula to know when eggs and oil are valuable commodities
during a pandemic with fewer shopping trips.
You can use a diet soda or flavored carbonated water to save additional calories,
reducing the sugar in these cupcakes if you prefer.
Follow the directions on the box for mixing (minus the other ingredients).
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven as indicated on back of box for cupcakes (12 – 17 minutes)
or until cupcakes test done with a toothpick.
Lemon cupcakes from a box and a can of soda. . .
as easy to make as they are to eat!
You can satisfy your sweet tooth with endless combinations of cake mix and soda
or flavored carbonated water when you’re too busy or lazy to bake.
Use a chocolate cake mix + cola, root beer, or cherry cola
White or yellow cake mix + lemon-lime soda, ginger ale, or flavored carbonated water
Spice cake or Carrot cake mix + ginger ale
Red Velvet cake mix + cola or cherry cola
Use your favorite frosting on these soda cupcakes and
decorate with a straw for fun and a nod to the soda in the mix.
Fresh as a daisy. . . “Fresh Up” with 7 Up
“7 Up makes good food taste better.”
. . .Including cupcakes!
Easy 2-Ingredient Cupcakes
- 1 box Cake Mix of choice
- 12 oz. can soda of choice see notes flavor combinations below
- Frosting of choice
- Add liners to cupcake pan(s). Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add cake mix and can of room temperature soda to large bowl. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Scoop batter using cookie/ice cream scoop into cupcake liners, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake according to box mix directions for cupcakes for (12 - 17 minutes) or until cupcakes test done with a toothpick.
- Transfer cupcakes to wire rack and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Chocolate cake mix + cola, root beer, or cherry cola
- White, yellow cake or lemon cake mix + lemon-lime soda, ginger ale, or flavored carbonated water
- Spice cake or Carrot cake mix + ginger ale
- Red Velvet cake mix + cola or cherry cola
- Use diet soda or flavored carbonated water to reduce the sugar in these cupcakes if you prefer.
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase anything through an affiliate link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.