Brownie Truffles for Valentine’s Day

Make your Valentine’s Day celebration extra sweet with Brownie Truffles! Perfect for gifting or sharing with friends or loved ones.

Valentine Brownie Truffles | ©homeiswheretheboatis.net #valentinesday #brownie #truffles #dessert

Happy Friday! Valentine’s Day is a little less than a month away so I’m sharing sweet repeat and recipe buried in the archives, originally shared back in 2014, Brownie Truffles.

These Brownie Truffles are an easy treat for Valentine’s Day,

using brownie mix in a box!

I used Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix, but feel free to use the brownie mix of your choice or your favorite recipe. If you use a family size mix, you’ll end up with approximately 30 truffles. Pop them in a mini muffin paper for serving and gift giving! I like seeing the pattern instead the white inside of the paper so I use two liners per truffle, turning one inside out.

I had seen several versions of brownie truffles on Pinterest.

I used a recipe from CandyQuik.

Bake your brownies according to the box directions and let cool. Crumble brownies into a large bowl, leaving behind any hard edge pieces~ freeze edges in case of chocolate emergency when the Valentine’s Day candy and treats are gone. :)

CandyQuik’s recipe calls for adding half of a 16 oz. can of cream cheese frosting to your crumbled brownies. The texture of fudge brownies tends to hold together in a ball for truffle-making better than cake-style brownies, so I used less than 1/3 of a can of frosting to keep the truffles from being overly sweet.

Feel free to adjust to your sweet tooth and mix with the frosting flavor of your choice.

Add your frosting to your crumbled brownies

and mix thoroughly.

Roll your mixture into 1” sized balls.

Chill approximately 1 – 2 hours in the refrigerator

or 45 minutes in the freezer, until firm.

Melt candy coating according to directions on the package. I like the convenience of CandyQuik, since it comes in blocks and with a convenient microwave disposable tray.

Substitute candy melts or chocolate chips if you prefer.

Place your truffle ball on a fork and dip into the melted chocolate. Spoon the chocolate coating on top. Once the ball is covered, tap the fork on the edge of the bowl or tray to remove excess chocolate and place truffle on wax paper.

Add decorative sprinkles before the candy coating is set. I found an assortment of sprinkles and Wilton Micro Hearts at Michaels. If your brownie truffles start to get too sticky when dipping, place the remaining truffles in the freezer for an additional 20 – 30 minutes, until they firm up for easier handling.

PRINTABLE RECIPE

14+ Sweets & Treats to make your Valentine's Day celebration extra sweet! | homeiswheretheboatis.net #ValentinesDay #recipes #nobake #cocktail #handpie #truffle

Find 14+ Sweets & Treats to make your Valentine’s Day

celebration extra sweet, HERE.

Thank you for your visit, sharing with:

Follow The Yellow Brick Home
 Metamorphosis Monday

28 comments for “Brownie Truffles for Valentine’s Day

1. Jane
    January 17, 2020 at 6:35 am

Good morning!
    Yummy, yummy, yummy……
    Wish I had a treat right now to go with my morning coffee.
    Thank you for all the “sweet treat” ideas!
    Have a great Friday.

2. January 17, 2020 at 7:21 am

Mary, Thank you for sharing this sweet treat again, I missed it as it was before I was following you. I hope I can make mine look just as good as yours. Happy Friday! Teresa 💕

3. January 17, 2020 at 8:25 am

Thank you for sharing this easy treat again, Mary. I was thinking of making Oreo truffles, but these sound sooooo tempting instead. Happy weekend to you! xo

4. Ellen
    January 17, 2020 at 8:35 am

YUM YUM! I have all those ingredients in my pantry right now….therefore, i better get to making!!! Thanks for the recipe! ❤️💜💙💗

5. January 17, 2020 at 9:00 am

Your ideas are always so pretty and practical. Thank you for the inspiration!

6. January 17, 2020 at 9:13 am

I’m all for sweet repeats Mary, and these might just happen tomorrow, a rainy Saturday, I have all the ingredients in my pantry! Thank you!!

7. January 17, 2020 at 12:24 pm

These are are so pretty Mary! Thank you for sharing the recipe again, I look forward to making them. ❤️

8. January 17, 2020 at 2:08 pm

Yum and so beautiful Mary! I love how you use the mini cupcake wrappers!

January 17, 2020 at 2:21 pm

These look so good! My mouth is watering! Trying to work off the few pounds I gained at Christmas, so these will have to wait until we get closer to Valentine’s day. Ha Thanks Mary♥️

10. January 17, 2020 at 3:50 pm

Oh num, wondering if a little liquor could be added, oh nummmy! Great idea and a definite easy do! I even have everything in the pantry!

11. January 17, 2020 at 4:45 pm

Pinning to make for Galentine’s Day, thanks!

12. January 17, 2020 at 5:48 pm

A sweet treat indeed Mary! Have a great weekend, looks like we might see a little snow tomorrow:@)

13. January 17, 2020 at 6:28 pm

I can’t wait to try these, thank you!

14. Barbara at Mantel and Table
    January 17, 2020 at 6:37 pm

Oh Yum!! I love brownies, and with chocolate on them, it’s perfection! Thanks for the beautiful Valentines dessert suggestions! 💗

15. January 17, 2020 at 7:58 pm

Yum! I’ve made Oreo truffles that are delicious but I need to try this because I love brownies more, lol! Thanks for sharing! Pinning it now. Have a delightful weekend~

16. Betsy
    January 17, 2020 at 9:37 pm

“Freeze edges in case of chocolate emergency when the Valentine’s Day candy and treats are gone.” We have enough chocolate emergencies around here that they’d never even make it to the freezer in my house, but it’s a nice thought!

Terrific idea to serve them in the cupcake wrappers. They look great for sharing, hope mine look as professional as yours!

17. January 18, 2020 at 12:10 pm

Great recipe for a girls night or to make with the kids. Thank you for sharing!

18. January 18, 2020 at 3:21 pm

I just pinned this! I may have a Galentine’s Party and this would be a delight! ❤️

19. January 19, 2020 at 1:52 pm

They turned out beautifully Mary! We still have chocolates left from Christmas!!! I wish Valentine’s was just a little farther away, as I love beautiful Valentine’s chocolates, and especially their gorgeous boxes!

20. January 19, 2020 at 4:11 pm

Wow these are so easy and look delightful! I’ll make it next!

21. January 19, 2020 at 4:25 pm

The perfect Valentine treat!…i love that you turned the mini muffin paper inside out so that you could see the pattern! Did you place ice cream into your hard edges form?

22. January 20, 2020 at 10:23 pm

Mary, I must make these with E.M. We love brownies!

23. Bonnie Morgan
    January 21, 2020 at 12:35 pm

Your truffles are so pretty. Hoping the CandyQuik is available around here. You have piqued my interest.

24. February 2, 2020 at 3:42 pm

Oh wow. Those are cute and looks yummy. I don’t really like sweets because I feel sick,but sometimes I eat it when I feel like it. Pies are not that sweet for me but cakes make me feel sick. February is my birthday month. I was born on the 23rd.

25. February 10, 2020 at 1:41 pm

These look so amazing and easy to do! Thank you for the beautiful and inspiring tutorial!!! I’m featuring this post as one of my favorites from the Valentine’s Day Link Party over on my blog White Arrows Home.