Celebrate watermelon season with a Watermelon Mule, a summery twist on the classic Moscow Mule, and refreshing cocktail for summer parties and BBQs.
Is it hot where you are? The heat index is in the triple digits here in NC.
Let’s mix up a refreshing summer cocktail with summer’s quintessential fruit:
Sweet, juicy watermelon!
If you’re not familiar with a Moscow Mule, it’s traditionally made with vodka,
spicy ginger beer and lime juice.
Despite its name, modern day Ginger Beer is not a beer and has no alcohol.
Think of it as ginger ale’s more outgoing cousin, with a robust, zippier ginger flavor.
This Watermelon Moscow Mule pairs sweet juicy watermelon
with the spicy ginger beer for a refreshing cocktail for summertime sipping!
The Moscow Mule mug keeps your cocktail nice and frosty. . . essential when
the heat and humidity are in the sweltering range!
Make sure your mug is lined with stainless steel that won’t react to the acid in the lime juice.
The typical Moscow Mule mug which holds around 16 oz.
so there’s plenty of room for ice to keep you and your cocktail cool.
This is the type of cocktail that I don’t usually measure, mixing to taste, but here is a guideline.
Fill mug half full with crushed ice, to each mug add:
1 1/2 oz. vodka
3 oz. watermelon juice
3 oz. ginger beer (or more)
juice of 1/2 of lime or to taste
To make watermelon puree:
Cut a seedless watermelon into chunks and toss in a blender and puree until smooth.
Pass watermelon through a strainer, discarding pulp and reserving watermelon liquid.
Store watermelon juice in the fridge. Try it with a Watermelon Mojito with Mint Simple Syrup
or mx with sparkling water or lemonade for a mocktail.
Refreshing Summer Watermelon Mule Cocktail
- Stainless Steel Moscow Mule Mug
- fine mesh strainer
- 1 1/2 oz. vodka
- 3 oz. watermelon juice
- 3 oz. ginger beer or more to taste
- juice of 1/2 of lime
To make watermelon puree:
- Cut your watermelon into chunks and toss in a blender; puree until smooth. Pass watermelon through a strainer, discarding pulp and reserving watermelon liquid.
To mix mule:
- Fill mug half full with crushed ice.
- Add vodka and watermelon juice; top with ginger beer.
- Add generous squeeze of lime; stir to combine.
- Garnish with additional watermelon slice and lime if desired.
- A typical Moscow Mule mug holds 16 oz. so there's room to adjust ingredients to taste.
- Keep watermelon juice in the fridge to mix with sparkling water/soda or lemonade or Watermelon Mojito with Mint Simple Syrup
- Make sure your mug is lined with stainless steel which won’t react with the acid in the lime.
- For a mocktail, omit vodka and add sparkling water or club soda.
Help yourself to a Peach Tea Mule and find ‘Just Peachy’ Recipes for Summer!
Looking for a refreshing summer salad?
is light, flavorful and healthy, married with an easy-to-mix
Hope you’re staying cool! ♥
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase anything through an affiliate link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.