A quick and easy Valentine’s Day treat for the s’mores lover, using a shortcut~ refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough!
I have an easy, sweet treat for Valentine’s Day~ S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups!
These cookie cups are quick to throw together using refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough from the grocery store. I sent these to my husband’s office and they were a hit! Best of all you can adjust your candy, filling and sprinkles for any holiday!
Spray your mini muffin tin(s) liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Place your cookie dough pieces in a mini muffin tin to bake.
I rolled the pieces slightly in my hand so they were round-ish and just the take the square edges off.
Follow the directions for baking on the package of the cookie dough, and bake until cookies are done, about 11 – 15 minutes.
As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, press in the centers gently. I used the back of a melon baller to press down the centers.
Let the cookies cool in the pan for 30 minutes. Use a knife to gently lift cookie cups out of the tin and move to a wire rack to cool completely.
When the cookie cups are cool, fill them with a teaspoon of chocolate-hazelnut spread, I used Nutella.
Top each cookie cup with mini marshmallows. Broil on high until marshmallows brown, about 20 – 30 seconds, watching so they don’t burn. Remove from the oven and top with a candy kiss and/or Valentine sprinkles or candy of choice. I used Hersey’s Hugs Kisses. Makes 24 cookie cups.
Note: I hope the s’mores police don’t come after me, since these cups aren’t technically s’mores without graham crackers. I debated about using a graham cracker crust and experimented, but decided these were better with a chocolate chip cookie cup of candy, chocolate and marshmallow didn’t need the graham crackers. Feel free to play around and fill them according to your sweet tooth!
Be Mine S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
- mini muffin tin
- oven broiler or culinary torch
- 16 oz. package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough I used Nestle Tollhouse
- 1/2 cup Nutella or chocolate hazelnut spread
- mini marshmallows 3 per cookie cup
- Candy Kiss or candy of choice
- Valentine sprinkles
- Spray mini muffin tin(s) liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Place cookie dough pieces in muffin tin, rolling square pieces in hand until they are round.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 11-15 minutes.
- As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, press in the centers gently to make cup shape.
- Let the cookies cool in the pan for 30 minutes. Use a knife to gently lift cookie cups out of the tin and move to wire rack to cool completely.
- Fill the centers with chocolate hazelnut spread. Top each cookie cup with mini marshmallows.
- Broil on high until marshmallows brown, about 20- 30 seconds, watching carefully so they don’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and top with a candy kiss and sprinkles of choice.
- Makes 24 cookie cups. Store covered.
Find 14+ recipes to make your Valentine’s Day celebration extra sweet, HERE.
Thank you for your visit, I’m joining: