Mini Pumpkin Pies are easy to make with a muffin tin and fun to embellish with cookie cutters and a package of refrigerated pie crusts!
Mini Pumpkin Pies are portion control bites~
Quick & Easy to make with a package of refrigerated pie crusts!
You need a 4-inch round cookie cutter (or bowl as a template) and a muffin tin. One box of 2 pie crusts gives you enough dough for 12 mini pies with pastry leaves (rerolling the scraps).
My fall piecrust cutters came from Williams-Sonoma, I have a couple of different sets.
Spray your muffin tin with cooking spray then place your circles of dough in and fill to the top with your pie filling.
I used the recipe on the back of the can~ the same recipe you can find on the back of McCormick Pumpkin Pie Spice, adjusting the baking time for mini pies.
1 package refrigerated pie crusts
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Mix pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs and pumpkin pie spice in large bowl until smooth. Pour into pastry lined muffin cups to the top. Top with a pastry leaf if desired.
Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake 20 – 25 minutes longer or until knife inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool 30 minutes in pan and remove to wire rack to cool for another hour for pumpkin filling to set completely.
I did have a little more filling than would fill the 12 muffin cups, so I baked the remaining filling in a ramekin and topped with a few pastry leaves.
These mini pies are fun to serve for Thanksgiving
with an assortment of desserts.
You don’t need a fluted edge cookie cutter for these mini pies~ round will do, but I have a graduated set of fluted cutters I got from World Market a couple of years ago.
I bought this canned pumpkin
for the label rather
than for its organic properties :)
Since I loved the label on the can,
I used it as vase rather
than tossing it in the recycling bin.
I used floral picks to support
the munchkin pumpkins.
The pumpkins in the can
help support the flowers.
I added some sunflowers from the grocery store, clipped the
shrubs and mums from pots and added some leaves.
Easy as Pie!
Mini Pumpkin Pies
Quick and easy to make with a muffin tin, cookie cutters and a package of refrigerated pie crusts!
- You need a 4-inch round cookie cutter and a standard size muffin tin. One box of 2 refrigerated pie crusts gives you enough dough for 12 mini pies with pastry leaves (rerolling the scraps).
- 1 package refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts or dough for 2 crusts)
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll out pie crust on floured surface and cut out (12) 4-inch circles of dough, rerolling scraps. Use any remaining scraps of dough to cut out decorative leaves for tops of pies if desired.
- Spray your muffin tin with nonstick spray then place your 4 inch circles of dough in muffin tin.
- Mix pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs and pumpkin pie spice in large bowl until smooth.
- Pour filling into pastry lined muffin cups. Top with a pastry leaf if desired.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake 20 - 25 minutes longer or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 30 minutes in pan and remove to wire rack to cool for another hour for pumpkin filling to set completely.
You will have a little more filling than will fill 12 muffin cups. Bake remaining filling in a ramekin and add some pastry leaves for a cook’s treat!
Find 25+ Thanksgiving Recipes You’ll Want to Gobble for your Thanksgiving Feast, HERE.
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase anything through an affiliate link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Thank you for your visit, sharing with: