Buffalo Chex Mix and Game Day Recipes

Do you have your Super Bowl line up of game day snacks? This Buffalo Chex Mix is oh so easy and can be assembled and ready to serve in 10 minutes! We’re fans of Buffalo flavored anything on game day, including Buffalo Chicken Pasta SaladTouchdown Buffalo Meatballs and Buffalo Popcorn.

DSC_9105.1

I found Utz Football shaped pretzels at World Market to add to this snack mix for a fun addition for the Super Bowl, but any pretzel will work. Adjust the ingredients to your taste, adding some salted nuts, toasted sesame sticks, oyster crackers or whatever you like in a snack mix while watching the big game.

This Buffalo Chex Mix has a mild flavor and is not too spicy. I adjusted the seasoning adding more wing sauce after tasting for additional Buffalo flavor, so mix to your preference and crowd.

Here’s the starting lineup of ingredients:

Game Day Buffalo Chex Mix, recipe adapted from Frank’s RedHot®

Makes 12 cups

Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 5 min

4 cups Rice Chex™ cereal

4 cups Wheat Chex™ cereal  (I used Corn Chex)

2 cups Parmesan-flavored crackers (I used Cheez-It Duoz, Sharp Cheddar & Parmesan)

2 cups pretzel twists

*6 Tbsp. butter

*3 Tbsp. FRANK’S RedHot® Buffalo Wings Sauce

1 packet ranch dressing mix

2 tsp. celery seeds

*For a more pronounced Buffalo flavor, increase the Buffalo wings sauce to 6 tablespoons and add 2 additional tablespoons of butter.

Mix cereals, crackers and pretzels in large microwaveable bowl; set aside. In small microwaveable bowl, microwave butter on high about 40 seconds or until melted. Stir in hot sauce and seasonings. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.

DSC_9111.1

Microwave uncovered on high in 1 minute increments, for 5 – 6 minutes, stirring after each minute. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.

Printable Recipe

DSC_9085.1

If you’re looking for other recipes for your line-up of game snacks, help yourself to. . .

Pigskin Potato Skins, topped with sour cream laces. Mix your toppings on your potato wedges to match your NFL team. For this year’s Super Bowl, try a match up of New England Patriots Maple-Bacon Potato Skins vs. Philadelphia Eagles Cheesesteak Potato Skins.

Slow Cooker Sticky & Sweet Wings with Bourbon

An easy recipe for game day and football season using your slow cooker, bourbon optional. . . *hiccup* ;)

Touchdown Buffalo Meatballs, an easy and make-ahead recipe

or served on a roll:

Buffalo Meatball Sliders with Blue Cheese Cole Slaw

Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad

A crowd-pleasing recipe sure to score a touchdown at your neighborhood Super Bowl party or for your next tailgate!

And for a sweet ending, Football Cake Pops!

Easy to make with frozen pound cake from the grocery store

Thank you for your visit, sharing with:

Metamorphosis MondayThe Scoop,
 Wow Us Wednesdays

21 comments for “Buffalo Chex Mix and Game Day Recipes

1. Sherlie Magaret
    February 2, 2018 at 8:52 am

Yummmmm, that all looks delicious!

2. February 2, 2018 at 8:59 am

I want to come to your house to watch the game, Mary, although I’d be doing more munching than watching! Thanks for all the inspirational ideas!

3. February 2, 2018 at 9:05 am

Buffalo Bonanza! I LOVE those football pretzels!! You can’t beat a good snack mix, and how cute in those football cups~ my son is in charge of our menu, so I can’t wait to see what he comes up with Happy viewing! 🏈

4. Virginia
    February 2, 2018 at 11:10 am

The football cake pops are so unique, your imagination just amazes me.

5. February 2, 2018 at 11:29 am

Oh my gosh! I could plan my whole party right here!!! Those buffalo meatball sliders look awesome!

6. February 2, 2018 at 12:10 pm

Love them all but those football cake pops are amazing!! Thank you…and my husband thanks you, he’ll be eating better now on game day:)

7. February 2, 2018 at 3:55 pm

Mary, I can always count on you for delicious recipes no matter what the holiday or occasion! Thanks for the Buffalo extravaganza, Go Eagles!

8. February 2, 2018 at 4:00 pm

I’ll have to pull out my pants with the most elastic waistband on Sunday with all these recipes! Love those cute football cake pops!!

9. February 2, 2018 at 4:37 pm

Mary, Thanks for the round up of game day recipes. I had forgotten about those yummy slow cooker wings. I’m going to blow the dust off my Crock Pot!

February 2, 2018 at 4:41 pm

Everything looks oh, so good! I have made the Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad and it was wonderful, will have to try the Chex mix snack and the meatballs. I love those little chocolate football cake pops, just too cute. You go Mary! 🏈

11. February 2, 2018 at 4:42 pm

Thank you for sharing these recipes and Super Bowl menu options! We have neighbors coming over and hadn’t finalized our game day ‘eats’ yet. My hubby is always in charge of the wings on football Sundays but I think I can manage to mix up some of your Buffalo Chex Mix. Thanks for letting me know about the heat level, I’m a wimp :)

12. February 2, 2018 at 5:08 pm

The buffalo chex mix is right up my alley Mary! We’re just a ~little~ excited here in Philly, this is going to be a fun weekend:@)

13. February 2, 2018 at 9:50 pm

What a tasty lineup of game day food! I made your Buffalo meatball sliders a couple of years ago and they were a hit. Thanks for all your recipes! 🏈

14. February 3, 2018 at 5:34 am

I’m drooling over those sweet & sticky wings this morning Mary! Thanks for all these delicious recipes, they make me want to throw a Super Bowl party!

15. Kim E
    February 3, 2018 at 9:00 am

Love the football cakes!

16. February 3, 2018 at 9:16 am

Thanks for these recipes, you never fail for to disappoint no matter what the occasion!

17. Dee
    February 3, 2018 at 9:39 pm

Love the green forks!! Your source for them?

• February 3, 2018 at 9:45 pm

Party City 🎉🏈🍴😀

• Dee
        February 4, 2018 at 10:06 am

Thank you!

18. February 4, 2018 at 8:28 am

Mary, I have never met a chex mix that I didn’t like…yours sounds and looks delicious! What a great line-up of food! Happy Super Bowl watching and snacking!

19. February 5, 2018 at 9:31 am

You had me at “buffalo”!! Always enjoy seeing your “game day” treats….I am a little late to the party…but wasn’t that an amazing game?

Thank you for your comments~ they make my day! ♥

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w