Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad and Game Day Recipes

buffalo-chicken-pasta-salad2

I have an easy and crowd-pleasing recipe to add to your line up of game day snacks for the Super Bowl this Sunday, Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad!

buffalo-chicken-pasta-salad-2

Buffalo wings meet pasta salad in this flavorful and easy recipe, sure to score a touchdown at your neighborhood Super Bowl party or at your next tailgate!

dsc_1129-001

I used a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store for quick and easy assembly. I prefer rotini pasta so the buffalo/dressing gets in mixed through all the nooks and crannies of the corkscrew-shaped pasta, but use the pasta of your choice.

dsc_1113-001

Note: All recipes have a printable recipe link so they print without photos. Look for the link at the bottom of the post.

Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad

Ingredients

1 lb. rotini pasta, cook according to box directions

2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken, seasoned with salt and pepper (add more is serving as a main dish)

1/2 c. buffalo sauce (I used Frank’s)

1/2 c. *ranch dressing, plus more for drizzling (*use a premium ranch dressing like Marie’s or Marzetti’s found in the refrigerated section of the produce department for best flavor)

1 1/2 cup chopped celery

Celery leaves, chopped

Blue cheese crumbles, to taste, some mixed in pasta, some for garnish

dsc_1117-001

Method

Cook pasta according to box directions. Drain pasta and toss with buffalo sauce and ranch dressing while pasta is still warm. Stir in chicken, celery, celery leaves and blue cheese crumbles. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with an additional drizzle of ranch dressing, blue cheese crumbles and celery leaves if desired.

dsc_1125-001

Tip: Provide a squeeze bottle of ranch dressing and let your everyone drizzle their individual cups/servings of pasta salad with additional dressing to help cool down the heat from the buffalo sauce.

dsc_1138-001

Football party picks, cups, napkins and flatware were all *scored* at Party City ;)

dsc_1134-001

You can find a printable recipe, HERE.

dsc_1150-001

If you’re looking for other recipes for your line-up of game snacks, help yourself to. . .

Pigskin Potato Skins

Pigskin Potato Skins, topped with sour cream laces or mix your toppings on your potato wedges to match your NFL team

touchdown-buffalo-meatballs

Touchdown Buffalo Meatballs!

An easy and make-ahead recipe, serve with toothpicks or on a bun as a slider as below with blue cheese cole slaw.

Buffalo Meatball Sliders

Buffalo Meatball Sliders with Blue Cheese Cole Slaw

Football Cake Pops1

And for a sweet ending, Football Cake Pops!

Easy to make with frozen pound cake from the grocery store

buffalo-chicken-pasta-salad3

Who are you pulling for in the Super Bowl?

Thank you for your visit, I’m joining:

Metamorphosis MondayThe Scoop,

Inspire Me TuesdayWow Us Wednesdays,

Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party

19 comments for “Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad and Game Day Recipes

1. February 1, 2017 at 6:49 am

Mary, what a beautiful array of Super Bowl recipes…the Buffalo chicken pasta salad looks delicious! Game Days are the perfect time to entertain !

2. Ellen Stillabower
    February 1, 2017 at 6:50 am

TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!! 🏈🏉🏈🏉🏈🏉🏈🏉🏈

3. Carol
    February 1, 2017 at 7:00 am

Good morning from Buffalo! Thanks for all of these great recipes. Anchor Bar sauce is another good choice –love Frank’s too. :)

4. February 1, 2017 at 7:13 am

You are the “go-to gal” for all things hospitality, Mary!! Another winner! 🏈🏈🏈🏈

5. February 1, 2017 at 7:16 am

My kind of salad! No real favorite in the game this year, I’m just hoping for some fun commercials:@)

6. February 1, 2017 at 8:01 am

Love those little serving cups Mary, so cute and a great way to serve the fans! Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad is a clever twist on the favorite Buffalo Chicken and the blue cheese crumbles have my mouth watering even at 7 am! We will be by ourselves this Sunday, but that doesn’t mean we won’t have something yummy to nibble on while we’re rooting for the Falcons! I would dive right into those potato skins :)

7. February 1, 2017 at 8:38 am

Hi Mary, You probably already know I’ll be rooting for New England! :) I made your buffalo meatballs and they were so delicious — and this recipe looks like another winner! I always cheer for the pasta dishes! Those little green forks and the paper cups caught my eye right away. Really the Super Bowl for me is all about the food and the commercials and some cute little dishes will make it even better! Linda

8. February 1, 2017 at 8:47 am

I have made a version of the buffalo chicken pasta salad, Mary, and it’s so tasty! I love your cute serving bowls, and all the rest of your yummy recipes for the big game. I don’t care about who wins, but the commercials will be fun!

9. February 1, 2017 at 1:00 pm

You had me at the buffalo sauce…love buffalo sauce on everything…well, except cereal!…:)
    This will definitely be on the table at the next ladies’ lunch…they will love it!…and I also love all of your game day appetizers…especially the Pigskin Potato Skins!

10. February 1, 2017 at 1:37 pm

Good Grief, Woman…is there no end to your creativity?? The footballs stuck on the forks are just too-too FUN!
    I will certainly try your pasta recipe but my grands seem to prefer penne pasta so they can stick the tines of their forks inside to pick them up. They REALLY have a hard time with bow tie pasta so I rarely use that shape.
    It all looks & sound delish! Thanks for sharing!

11. Janice F
    February 1, 2017 at 5:20 pm

I will be trying some of your recipes for the Super Bowl. You amaze me at the things you come up with in decor, table settings and recipes. Keep up the good work! I love visiting your blog! Since I live in the suburbs of Atlanta, the Falcons will be cheered on for this Sunday! We believe it is THEIR time!

12. Paula
    February 1, 2017 at 8:13 pm

~Mary~
    This indeed is a “Touchdown” !!

p.s. my hubby is a fan of NO sports therefore no superbowl party here, but maybe a in doors picnic :)

Paula
    IN

13. Cindy lou
    February 2, 2017 at 3:42 pm

As always! You never disappoint! Looks great! Going to make a taco chili for game day! With quesadillas ! Go Tom Brady!!

February 2, 2017 at 3:55 pm

The pasta dish looks yummy and I’m not a fan of bleu cheese – you almost convince me to try it with the cheese.! ha Love those potatoes also! Thanks Mary – another “must try”!

15. February 3, 2017 at 1:46 am

Oh, wow, everything looks delicious and so cute for Game Day. You are amazing, Mary! I wish I had a fourth of your energy and creativity!

16. Ginny
    February 4, 2017 at 12:26 pm

Mary you really know hoe to “Rise Up” to the occasion! We will be adding Frank’s buffalo sauce to lots of yummy snacks tomorrow while we watch the Falcons win the Super Bowl!

17. Ginny
    February 4, 2017 at 12:26 pm

Mary you really know how to “Rise Up” to the occasion! We will be adding Frank’s buffalo sauce to lots of yummy snacks tomorrow while we watch the Falcons win the Super Bowl!