Put the Olé in guacamole with the addition of sweet roasted corn and smoky bacon!
No Cinco de Mayo celebration is complete without guacamole!
This Corn and Bacon Guacamole has the flavorful
char of corn and the addition of smoky bacon!
If you’re ever had Chili’s Fire-Grilled Corn Guacamole,
this is one step better with the addition of bacon!
Start with a chunky version of guacamole
or cut/mash to your preferred texture.
To 3 avocados, add 1/4 cup chopped red onion, 1/2 cup each diced plum tomato
and chopped cilantro, lime juice and salt to taste.
I keep a bag of Trader Joe’s or Trader José’s :) frozen fire roasted corn
on hand to add to salsa, quesadillas, or soups.
If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you,
grill 2 ears of corn until charred and cut off the kernels.
The roasted or grilled corn adds just the right amount of sweetness and smokiness
to the guacamole or is wonderful mixed with your jarred salsa!
Add 6 slices crumbled cooked bacon
and 1/3 cup chopped pickled jalapenos.
Corn and Bacon Guacam-Olé!
- 2 ears of corn charred on the grill, kernels removed (or use the equivalent of frozen fire-roasted corn, thawed)
- 6 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup diced plum tomato
- 1/2 chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or more to taste
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 large avocados
- Cut and mash 3 avocados, to your preferred texture. Add juice of 1 lime and salt and combine.
- Stir in chopped red onion, diced tomato, cilantro and jalapeno.
- Add crumbled bacon, stirring in right before serving.
If you like guacamole,
the addition of corn & bacon
will make you say, “Olé” !
Find a round-up of recipes with a fiesta of flavor for your celebration, HERE.