Easy Holiday Appetizer: Christmas Tree Cheese Board

dsc_8529-2

I have a few easy appetizer ideas to share, ideal for the busy holiday season or last-minute entertaining! The first appetizer is a Christmas Tree Cheese Board, festive and easy to assemble using cheese and grapes! The original idea for this cheese board came from Kraft Canada.

dsc_8563-2

Use two to three varieties of cheese to build your Christmas tree cheese board or platter. I used Cheddar and Cheddar Jack and red and green seedless grapes.

dsc_8559-2

Cut your cheese into cubes and arrange your cubes and grapes in rows on a platter or cutting board in a Christmas tree shape.

8533-2

I tucked in some sprigs of thyme and rosemary along the edges and added a star-shaped cracker for a tree topper and more crackers to serve. My sister brought me a couple of boxes of Valley Lahvosh Star Crackers thinking I could have a little holiday food fun with them! She found them at a Sprouts Farmers Market store in Georgia. They’re available from Sprouts and Walmart online, but only in a case pack of 12. If anyone finds them by the single box somewhere, leave a comment and let me know!

dsc_8544-3

Use some festive party picks or regular toothpicks to serve. I found these Meri Meri Christmas Party Picks at HomeGoods for $3.99.

dsc_8522-2

This festive edible holiday tree appetizer isn’t limited to cheese and grapes, you could assemble an antipasto Christmas tree using olives, tomatoes, marinated artichoke hearts, peppers, marinated mozzarella and cured meats~ especially easy if your grocery store has an olive/antipasto bar!

Rosemary Wreath with Olives & Cheese

If you’re looking for some additional ideas for the holidays, try a Rosemary Wreath with Olives and Cheese

Spinach Tortellini Wreath Appetizer

Or a 10 Minute Appetizer, Spinach Tortellini Christmas Wreath!

dsc_8589-2

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday Entertaining!

christmas-tree-cheese-board-appetizer1

Thank you for your visit, I’m sharing with:

Metamorphosis MondayThe ScoopWow Us Wednesdays,

Home Sweet Home,  Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party

32 comments for “Easy Holiday Appetizer: Christmas Tree Cheese Board

1. December 16, 2016 at 6:17 am

cool!

2. Laura B.
    December 16, 2016 at 7:22 am

Mary,

What a great idea! Can you estimate how much cheese (by pound) you purchased to make the layers for the tree? That would help me purchase the right amount so I don’t find myself short while assembling the appetizer.

I always love your posts.

• December 16, 2016 at 7:43 am

Hi Laura, It depends on the size of the tree you’re making to fit your board or platter, you can scale it up or down. I used two 16 oz. blocks of cheese. If you use three varieties of cheese or blocks, you’ll have more than enough. :) Merry Christmas!

3. December 16, 2016 at 8:10 am

Giiiiiirl……..you have no idea how you just saved my life! Was lying in bed this morning just a thinking what I could for some fast easy snacks for xmas eve day when all the kids are in and out looking for food. Was already planning to do your tortellini wreath (big hit last yr) and now love the cheese fruit tree! Already had planned to do antipasto tray….now it will be tree form! Up early making grocery list..they gonna think I’m genius!!! Trying to decide if I’ll take all the credit or let them know I found idea from the “lake lady”. They already know you cuz so many times I’ve used your ideas and actually given all the credit to you!! Hahhahahha!!!! Have great weekend

4. Lisa M
    December 16, 2016 at 8:19 am

Where did you find those adorable picks?

5. December 16, 2016 at 8:53 am

I have seen a version of this tree on Pinterest Mary, and it is on my to do list for the children’s table this year. I think it is so festive and inviting, and your Christmas picks and star crackers make it even more fun! I will run by Sprouts to see if I can get some. Pasta on a stick has been a long time go to for me too, everyone always loves it! Now that Christmas is looming, I tend to get realistic {or tired!} and start looking for short cuts, and these are all great!

6. Sandi Allen
    December 16, 2016 at 9:07 am

These are wonderful and so darn cute! Thanks for sharing!!

7. December 16, 2016 at 9:57 am

Mary, I love the cheese and grape tree…so fun and easy appetizer! Thanks for all your inspiration! Have a joyous weekend!

8. Karen
    December 16, 2016 at 10:23 am

Thank You,Thank You,Thank You!!! Pretty AND Easy🎄

9. December 16, 2016 at 1:34 pm

I’ve seen the Christmas tree/wreath appetizer before but would love to make one for us during Christmas. I know you said you used blocks of cheese cut into cubes but I like to buy the cheese already cut into cubes. Actually I was going to make one to take to our annual family Christmas at the lake but since that was last weekend and I didn’t get one made l “missed the boat”….oh well, there’s always next year (LOL)!

I thoroughly enjoy each and every one of your posts….such inspiration!

10. Paula
    December 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm

~Mary~
    Thanks for sharing! I sure to hope to make the tree, wish to find the star crackers, or we could share a case, hehe.

Have a super weekend!
    Paula
    IN

11. December 16, 2016 at 9:34 pm

I had planned on doing your Rosemary wreath, Mary, but now I want to do this cheese and grape tree appetizer! Maybe I’ll do both!! Thanks for the inspiration. Happy weekend to you.

12. December 16, 2016 at 10:15 pm

I love your posts!! I wonder if they have a Christmas Tree cutting board? I love that idea, especially with the star crackers. We have a sprouts here, so I hope to find those as well. That spinach tortilini wreath is ADORABLE. I just made your hot cocoa in the jars that I have the snowflake on them. Walmart did not have them as the post was a few years ago, but I spotted them at Target this year in the seasonal bin for $3.00 each. I think I went to 3 Targets and bought all of the snowflake jars they had. Definitely going to try the marshmallow vodka in my hot cocoa. Thank you for your wonderful ideas. Merry Christmas

13. Ana
    December 17, 2016 at 2:34 am

¡¡Genial!! Es precioso, lo copiaré esta Navidad
    Vivo en España y tenemos un refrán que dice “Uvas con queso, saben a beso” así que, acierto pleno!!!

14. Blessing Berniece Dimuzio
    December 17, 2016 at 6:37 am

Hello Mary, from Stony Brook, N.Y. love your site. Have a few of your tresures. Read this…up early, had a box of roll out ready made pie dough in fridge. So here 6:30 a.m. and just made “crackers” …cut stars out with cookie cutter, pricked them and baked them. They work. But when I buy more dough to go with your tree, may add some Cayenne pepper. You make me look accomplished!

• December 17, 2016 at 6:52 am

Hi to you Blessing Berniece! Thank you for letting me know and how brilliant to make your star crackers out of pie dough! I bet the cayenne pepper will be a tasty addition too. Hope you are warm and cozy in Stony Brook, NY this morning. ♥

15. Ellen Stillabower
    December 17, 2016 at 6:42 am

Wonderful delicious ideas!!! Especially the Christmas tree 🎄Cheese/fruit board!! Thank you.🎄🎄🎄🎄

16. Barbara Harilaou
    December 18, 2016 at 5:40 pm

Simple colorful delicious … I love the rosemary wreath thank you ……. Merry Christmas.

17. Virginia
    December 18, 2016 at 6:39 pm

Help Mary! I though I saved your chocolate covered nuts to my Pinterest board but cannot locate it. Would you please let me know where I can find it? I love your inspirational ideas and tasty recipes. We are hosting Christmas Dinner for sixteen friends and neighbors who will be “Home Alone” this year and was hoping to make this as a take home gift.

• December 18, 2016 at 8:03 pm

Hi Virginia, You can find the nut recipe here. There’s a search bar that can help you locate a recipe or post for future reference. :)

18. Virginia
    December 18, 2016 at 9:41 pm

Thank you so very much Mary, I tried the search bar unsuccessfully. It is now printed and safely in my recipe book of favorites. Thanks again.

• December 19, 2016 at 4:55 am

Hope they enjoy them Virginia! Merry Christmas!

19. Babs Richman
    December 19, 2016 at 7:58 pm

Mary, Love your appetizers and the star crackers are perfect. I checked online and saw the single box half price $1.49) at World Market. Maybe you can get them at yours.. Here’s the link: http://www.worldmarket.com/product/valley+lahvosh+stars+crackers+original.do
    Good luck, hope you find them. I’m checking my WM tomorrow. Wishing y’all a very Merry Christmas.
    Babs

• December 19, 2016 at 8:02 pm

Thanks Babs! I didn’t see them at my WM but I’ll check next again next time I out:) Merry Christmas!!

20. December 19, 2016 at 11:38 pm

Great ways to display and serve up appetizers for the holidays!

21. December 20, 2016 at 7:06 am

Whoa. This appetizer tree is perfect for our big family Christmas! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

22. December 20, 2016 at 5:32 pm

So festive & SO EASY, too, Mary! I did your rosemary wreath last year. Hoping to use this one very, very soon.
    You are such a great inspiration, in so many ways. Thanks!

23. December 21, 2016 at 1:24 pm

Love the cheese board tree!…I have always love your beautiful Christmas appetizer creations…hmm, have to check out those great star crackers here locally….Pinning away!

24. December 23, 2016 at 4:02 am

Great idea for Christmas. Thanks for sharing :)

25. November 16, 2017 at 11:07 pm

Great idea for an easy appetizer! I’ve linked here on my recent blog post over at Hampers & Hiccups, 9 Deliciously Simple Cheesy Appetizers.