Four Cheers for the Red, White and Blue and Easy Frozen Dog Treats!

Chloe and Gracie had a play date with their cousins, Maddie and Zoe, to celebrate the Red, White, and Blue!

Naturally Uncle Sam was the guest of honor.

🐾 Warning: photo heavy post ahead 🐾

I found two packs of hair bows and star-spangled head wraps at Walmart for $4. . .

Ideal for patriotic neckerchiefs for Gracie & Chloe. . .

And Maddie and Zoe are showing their patriotism with stars and stripes bandanas.

Don’t let Zoe’s sweet and innocent expression fool you. . .

She’s always on the move and stirring things up!

I made some easy frozen dogs treats to celebrate the Red, White and Blueberry! Blueberries and strawberries are as good for dogs as they are for people, full of antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin C. Strawberries even contain an enzyme that can help whiten your dog’s teeth.

Star-Spangled Frozen Berry Dog Treats

16 oz. *plain Greek or regular yogurt (*make sure your yogurt does not contain artificial sweeteners which harmful to dogs or added sugars, which they don’t need)

1 pint strawberries (if your berries are organic, use the whole berry, including the leaves. Strawberry leaves contain trace minerals and vitamins, such as iron, calcium and vitamin C)

Blueberries, 1 per star or ice cube

Place yogurt and strawberries in blender, blending until pureed. Pour berry yogurt mixture into mold or ice cube tray. Add a blueberry. Place in freezer until solid and pop out for a frozen dog treat. Dog Gone Easy!

I found a star silicone mold at Sur la Table on clearance and a set of smaller star molds on Amazon, more Maddie & Zoe-sized.

Your pup will lap these healthy dog treats up!

Frozen dog treats were new to Maddie and Zoe and they needed some encouragement at first. . .

Maddie gives these treats two paws up! 🐾

Warning: Chaos may ensue especially if you have a Chloe and a Zoe 🐾🐾

Chloe and Gracie say they’re not a young as they used to be and posing for photos and blogging is hard work. . .

If you’re craving some red, white, and blue food fun for your Independence Day celebration, you can find a 25+ patriotic people treats ;) for your Star-Spangled Celebration, HERE.

25 July 4th Party and Patriotic Treats for your Star-Spangled Celebration! | homeiswheretheboatis.net #recipes #dessert #appetizer #cocktail

Wishing you a Safe & Happy Independence Day with plenty of treats!

Thank you for your visit, sharing with:

Metamorphosis MondayThe Scoop,
Wow Us WednesdaysTablescape ThursdayFeathered Nest Friday
 Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party

28 comments for “Four Cheers for the Red, White and Blue and Easy Frozen Dog Treats!

1. July 2, 2017 at 7:59 am

Mary, cutest fur babies ever all dressed in their red, white, and blue! Such a fun post that made me smile! Happy 4th to you!

2. July 2, 2017 at 8:12 am

Precious pictures of your fur babies! I no longer have a dog, we had to put her down because of old age. I really didn’t think I wanted a dog again, but these cuties are making me reevaluate that decision. I enjoy seeing them in your posts and I share the dog recipes with my son. He takes his dog to Orange Leaf for a treat all the time. Enjoy the holiday.

• Mary Boger
      July 2, 2017 at 10:06 am

Hi Melissa, Maybe you thought you didn’t want another dog, but there’s
      one dog out there that wants and needs you! Hope we all have a happy
      and safe holiday!! Woof, meow.

• Diane D.
        July 3, 2017 at 5:58 am

Hi Mary Boger, you are absolutely right!!

• July 4, 2017 at 2:34 am

I totally agree!! When I lost my LadyBug, I adopted two older bichons who really needed a home due to their owner going in to assisted care. They have blended really well with our family! So many rescues needing homes!

3. July 2, 2017 at 8:48 am

Every single time you do a post with these fur babies I am smiling from ear to ear and my heart is full of warmth. They are adorable and I love how you talk about them. Your dog treats look yummy. Happy 4th of July to you and yours

4. barbara
    July 2, 2017 at 8:56 am

The FAB 4 are adorable. I hope the all the fireworks are not too hard on the patriotic pups. A salute to the fur babies.

5. Ellen
    July 2, 2017 at 8:58 am

Wonderful Furry Family Fun!! They are too adorable in their patriotic bandannas. How you manage to capture all four divine doggy divas in photos is amazing. Thank-you for this lovely post and recipe. Happy Independence Day to All!

6. July 2, 2017 at 8:59 am

Oh how cute they look in their red white and blue! And frozen star dog treats, life doesn’t get any better than that! 🇺🇸

7. Michelle
    July 2, 2017 at 9:59 am

Happy fourth! That is our Anniversary! My husband picked it so he doesn’t forget it😂. The fur babies are so cute all decked out for the fourth!🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🎇🎆

8. Robyn
    July 2, 2017 at 10:16 am

Happy 4th🇺🇸 Your pups are the cutest!!! Heading to LKN today!!!

9. July 2, 2017 at 10:59 am

Spoiled rotten cutie patooties!

July 2, 2017 at 11:08 am

That recipe sounds good enough for us to eat! ha. What sweet faces, love their patriotic outfits. We’re home from the lake and I’m missing it already. May have to head to the beach today or tomorrow, love the water. Hope everyone has a fun-fulled, safe 4th of July!!

11. Nonie
    July 2, 2017 at 11:21 am

How fun, I am sure Joker would love those treats. I have grand daughters named Chloe and Zoe and Zoe’s step mothers name is Maddie. LOL. what a connection! Totally love your blog.

12. Chloe
    July 2, 2017 at 12:04 pm

I can almost hear you trying to get all four dogs to sit still for a picture. Zoe looks like she was revved up and incorrigible. Note to self: take pictures closer to nap time…:-) Thanks for the smiles! Have a safe and enjoyable holiday.

13. July 2, 2017 at 12:05 pm

Sadie love a taste of my blueberries and yogurt from my morning breakfast. I need to make these for her. I have the silicone trays. ‘-)
    It’s great fun to see these cuties celebrating in their red, white, and blue. I meant to stop by Petsmart to see if they had one of those Uncle Sam toys. Sadie needs one for her toy basket.
    Wishing you and the girls a fun and safe 4th of July.

14. Paula
    July 2, 2017 at 6:06 pm

~Mary~
    Your puppies just me smile and giggle , they are so doggone cute !!!
    Happy 4th July !!!
    Paula
    IN

15. July 2, 2017 at 7:19 pm

You make my heart happy with all of your posts. I so look forward to them and love your little four-leggeds.
    Brightest Blessings!

16. July 2, 2017 at 10:38 pm

The 4 of the dogs are all adorable! I love these posts. How sweet they all look in their red, white and blue! Have a VERY happy 4th!

17. Patti
    July 3, 2017 at 9:45 am

So cute!! The puppies and the treats are just adorable. Zoe wants to know what you mean by not being fooled by her sweet and innocent expression. She says she is totally innocent…..

18. Marie in AZ
    July 3, 2017 at 11:31 am

HaHaHa, cutest faces ever!

19. Sue
    July 3, 2017 at 1:32 pm

Oh my goodness! Those babies are so cute!! They have certainly made my day!

20. Virginia
    July 3, 2017 at 2:00 pm

Perfect Patriotic Pups. So cute!

21. July 3, 2017 at 10:29 pm

Sooo cute!!! We no longer have our girl.. she crossed the rainbow bridge a few years ago after giving us 16 years of love and happiness but I’m one too that is reluctant to get another..but I will pass the recipe onto my sis who has two furry friends!! HAPPY 4th to you, the furry friends and your family!! Thanks for sharing..🇺🇸🎉💥🍷🍾💥💥💥🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

22. July 4, 2017 at 2:36 am

Hi Mary! This is one of my most favorite posts EVER!!! LOVE seeing all four of your cute little fluffs!! The recipe sounds terrific and I’m sure that my crew will love it! Hope you and your family all have a safe and Happy Fourth!
    Xo Jeanne, Chloe, Romeo, and Juliet

23. July 4, 2017 at 7:54 pm

LOVE seeing all the pups. Have a blessed Independence Day!

24. July 10, 2017 at 11:10 am

Those girls are the cutest!!!!!…and I can tell they are so grateful for their treats made especially for them!