Marinated Shrimp and Artichokes is a make-ahead recipe, ideal for holiday entertaining. It comes together in 15 minutes if you use a shortcut with precooked shrimp. Allow 8 – 12 hours to marinate and serve in a trifle bowl or individual martini glasses.
Marinated Shrimp-and-Artichokes is a ‘go to’ recipe and
one of Southern Living Magazine’s best annual recipes.
Quick and make-ahead, it can also double as a side dish.
It’s good anytime of year, but perfect for the busy holiday season!
You can throw this appetizer together in 15 minutes if you start with cooked shrimp.
I roast mine in the oven for extra flavor using Ina’s method and the shrimp is ready in 8 – 10 minutes.
I doubled the recipe for a party which is just the right amount to fill a trifle bowl.
recipe adapted Southern Living
Yield: Makes 8 servings
Hands on time 15 minutes, marinating time 8 – 12 hours
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 (0.75-oz.) envelope Italian dressing mix
1 pound peeled and deveined, large cooked shrimp (21/30 count)
1 (14-oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
1 (6-oz.) can large black olives, drained
1 cup halved grape tomatoes
1 (4-oz.) package feta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (I used crumbled feta since my grocery store was out of block feta )
Small fresh basil leaves, garnish (omitted since I didn’t have)
1. Whisk together balsamic vinegar and next 4 ingredients in a bowl. Stir in shrimp and next 4 ingredients. Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours.
2. Stir in desired amount of basil just before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon.
I’ve taken this appetizer to a Christmas party several times and it tastes
just as good out of a plastic cup and it does served in a martini glass :)
You can sample more make-ahead party appetizers here.
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 0.75-oz. envelope Italian dressing mix
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large cooked shrimp (21/30 count)
- 1 14-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
- 1 6-oz. can large black olives, drained
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 4-oz. package feta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Small fresh basil leaves
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar and next 4 ingredients in a bowl. Stir in shrimp and next 4 ingredients. Cover and chill 8 to 12 hours.
- Stir in desired amount of basil just before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon
And find 30+ Season’s Eatings Recipes for your Holiday Entertaining, HERE.
You’ll find recipes for everything from appetizers and party bites, to cocktails and cookies, food gifts and more!