A Fall Pontoon Picnic

How was your weekend?

We had some beautiful fall weather, ideal for picnicking!

Fall is my favorite season with its quintessential mums and pumpkins . . .

Sweater weather and warm plaid layers . . .

Fall foliage and leaf peeping.

We’re weeks away from peak fall foliage but little pockets of color are starting to appear and temperatures are dipping down in the 30s this week that will help speed up the process.

We enjoyed a little alfresco dining on the pontoon this weekend while we were docked to enjoy the crisp fall air without the breeze from boating.

I pulled out the pumpkins, gathered a few leaves and plaid blankets and set a table for two.

Wood slice chargers and lanterns. . .

Amber goblets to enjoy a glass of hard cider from a North Carolina winery.

A vintage plaid Redmon picnic basket is sturdy and roomy and was a $15 find at a favorite antique mall last year.

And a variety of cheese, meat, crackers, and olives from the olive bar at the grocery store makes for easy picnicking any time of year.

Cheese straws, grapes, fig preserves and almonds.

Fall Pontoon Picnic Details:

Vintage Redmon Plaid Picnic Basket / Antique Mall, used here

Plaid blankets / collected over the years, some from HomeGoods, Target

Pumpkin Pillow, Lanterns and Flatware / Pottery Barn, several years ago

Pumpkin tea towel / Williams-Sonoma, several years ago

Leaf Pillow / Hobby Lobby, several years ago

Houndstooth Check Pillow / Kohl’s, several years ago

Plaid Pillow / Target

Copper Bee Ice Bucket / HomeGoods

Wood Slice Chargers / Bed, Bath & Beyond, last year

Amber Goblets / Mikasa French Countryside

Hope you’re enjoying some beautiful fall weather where you are!

Thank you for your visit, I’m joining:

Metamorphosis Monday,

The Scoop,  Inspire Me Tuesday,

Wow Us WednesdaysTablescape Thursday,

Home Sweet Home,  Feathered Nest Friday

Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party

Share Your Style

37 comments for “A Fall Pontoon Picnic

1. Sue
    October 19, 2015 at 7:23 am

When I was young, we had a picnic basket just like the one you found at the antique mall.(Hate that you found it at an antique mall!!!) We were in Gatlinburg over the weekend. Beautiful weather there too. Very crowded!! xoxo

2. October 19, 2015 at 7:26 am

Gorgeous. Did hubby appreciate ? Do you shoot for magazines ? Amazing Mary!!

3. Melissa
    October 19, 2015 at 7:27 am

Mary adopt me please!!!!! Lol! Such eye candy… Beautiful 😍❤️

4. Elizabeth
    October 19, 2015 at 7:30 am

Beautiful celebration for my favorite time of year, too – fall! Love the plaids, pumpkins and mums. The brown leaf pillow is adorable!

5. Michelle
    October 19, 2015 at 7:39 am

What a lovely way to enjoy a beautiful Fall day. Wish we could join you both! We do have a lovely morning, it is 60 degreese.🍁🎃🍂 have a wonderful week!

6. Sherlie Magaret
    October 19, 2015 at 7:40 am

So lovely, it looks like a wonderful time and your cheese and meat tray looks scrumptious.

7. October 19, 2015 at 8:17 am

how cozy and romantic Mary! I would love to snuggle under one of your warm fluffy blankets with a glass of hard cider and a cheese straw and watch the mist off the lake~ it looks dreamy! I just showed HH your pontoon picnic and he said “how cool!” Love all your pumpkin touches, lanterns and poofy pillows, looks like the perfect weekend relaxation!

8. Ellen Stillabower
    October 19, 2015 at 8:49 am

Gorgeous!! Particularly love the picnic basket since I have a few myself and $15 what a find!!! Thanks for sharing!!! 🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂

9. October 19, 2015 at 8:52 am

Wow, the perfect fall experience. I felt like I was on the boat with you! I love your seating – doesn’t even seem like a boat, it seems like a home on the water with your pillows and throws. What a gorgeous day, what gorgeous food and what a gorgeous place to enjoy the fall! Wish I were there!!

10. Robyn
    October 19, 2015 at 9:04 am

That is some picnic!!! Heading to Lake Norman on Saturday to visit family. They just moved to house on the lake. Can’t wait to enjoy!!!

11. October 19, 2015 at 9:19 am

Pure perfection, Mary. A feast for the eyes (and belly). Your styling never disappoints.

12. October 19, 2015 at 11:00 am

I LOVE THIS POST!!!!! If I show it to Trip he will be so jealous because it was the most beautiful weekend here in Central Alabama. We stayed in town and took Finlay to the dog park. He had so much fun!

I love everything about your picnic. LOVE it! You’ve given me some ideas…..
    I hope you have more opportunities this fall to do the same!

Next time we go back to the lake I’ll do a copy cat post and link back to this post. BTW I love all your plaid! Have you seen the fun plaid goodies at Target lately?

13. October 19, 2015 at 11:50 am

With a beautiful post like this, I can totally see why you’ve named your Blog the way you have! You’ve created such a lovely luncheon set-up (and captured it perfectly). Definitely so home-like and vacation-like at the same time.

14. Donna
    October 19, 2015 at 12:22 pm

Reverse postcard message…wish I were THERE! Thank you for sharing. Have a beautiful day!

15. October 19, 2015 at 1:36 pm

Your own “on the water” dining room. I love this idea, Mary. If it’s sweaters and warm plaid layers, count me in. The munchies look pretty tasty too! ‘-)

16. October 19, 2015 at 1:38 pm

Now that’s my kind of picnic, Mary, and you’ve styled it with ease and perfection! I love all your plaids, houndstooth, and warm, cozy colors. What a wonderful table for two, but I’m wishing I could come along, too!

17. Ruth Willson
    October 19, 2015 at 1:53 pm

Love all your photos today. The pumpkin tea towel great.
    I went to my Pinterest page and from there went to your page(I do follow you). Where would I find the cheese tray to pin? Is there a way to show under photos or at end of article what boards you have your pins posted on?
    Thank you. Ruth

• October 19, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Hi Ruth! If you’re at my Pinterest account/profile, you can click on “pins” at the top of the page and repin anything you like. There is also a pin it button at the top left corner of each photo that will pop up when you hover over it with your mouse and you can pin anything that way. :)

18. October 19, 2015 at 3:59 pm

Ok. Seriously? Can I just come live on your boat for the remainder of fall?? You DO know how to do a tablescape with the utmost ease…..at least you sure make it look easy. And gorgeous.
    Idea!?! How bout making a post on you setting up one of these posts?? Like how you haul all that stuff out to the boat and plz tell us that you get all sweaty and dirty while doing it!!! It would take me weeks to make that come off without a hitch….we may need to start calling u “Martha”!!

19. October 19, 2015 at 4:58 pm

Mary, every post I see makes me more and more excited about our week in NC! One of the homes we r going
    to view has a pontoon boat too, I can’t wait!
    So funny, I have that same WS towel and I also have the table cloth for my dinning table, always one of my favorites!
    Your snacks (lunch) looked delicious, yummy yummy in the tummy!
    I feel like a school going to my first prom for my up and coming week away, I’m so glad I was your blog (I’m sure it was meant to be for my husband, dog and myself to be down there!

Bless your heart for all the beautiful shares, thank you,
    Jackie Carney

20. October 19, 2015 at 5:35 pm

Looks like you had a spectacular day! Enjoy the nice weather while you can:@)

21. Cynthia Raines
    October 19, 2015 at 10:39 pm

How cozy. Love every bit of it!

22. October 19, 2015 at 11:21 pm

This is my idea of Heaven, a picnic on a pontoon boat! Everything is perfect. I love the WS tea towel and all the plaids. The food looks delish too and I will have to get some hard cider. I have been drinking some hot cider:) We woke to a freeze this morning:( But it is going back to the 70’s this week! Crazy weather. You should thank God I am not your neighbor, I would be a pest:):)

23. October 20, 2015 at 9:26 am

Simply beautiful, lovely photos. I bet yo and Hubby had a wonderful time.

24. Melodie Strickland
    October 20, 2015 at 12:00 pm

Thank you for sharing your lovely post–your tablescape is beautiful.

25. Kathleen Liedka
    October 20, 2015 at 3:11 pm

I am new to your website and absolutely LOVE it. You are so creative and have such beautiful things. Your puppies are just adorable too!! I am an avid gardner, birdwatcher, and love nature and boating. I get so inspired by all your ideas!! Thank you for sharing with all of us

26. Rondell
    October 20, 2015 at 11:08 pm

Love this, we have a pontoon too and love it! This is our first year for it and boy did we enjoy it!

27. October 21, 2015 at 3:31 am

I absolutely LOVE this!! What a beautiful way to deck out your pontoon boat!! It has been WAY to cold here to do much of anything…even snow already! Tomorrow about 50…then in to the 40’s. I am so not ready for this yet. You have some great ideas here! Thanks so much for sharing and hugs to Chloe and Gracie!!

28. October 28, 2015 at 11:56 am

Oh my gosh Mary you are on the boat! And it has never looked more fabulous! Love it all! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

29. November 2, 2015 at 8:21 pm

wild about your bee :-) this is my favorite season, i adore seeing you play from land to sea… ok, lake!

30. November 3, 2015 at 2:13 pm

Speechless! It is so inviting!!! Found you on The Scoop!

31. November 3, 2015 at 4:01 pm

Wow! I want to come too! What a beautiful meal and with such beautiful decorations too and on such a gorgeous autumn day. Who wouldn’t want to come? You ispire me with your gorgeous displays.

32. November 3, 2015 at 8:17 pm

A little slice of heaven/ getaway ! :) What a perfect day :)

33. November 4, 2015 at 11:27 am

I guess you’ve got this “stylist” thing down!