A Thanksgiving Table with Turkey Plates, Plaid and Pumpkin-Oak Leaf Runner

dsc_5952-1-001

Thanksgiving is just two weeks away and I pulled out the turkey plates in anticipation!

dsc_5969-1-001

I set the table on the porch with six assorted turkey plates, I thought it would be fun to see them gathered together at the table! Have a seat next to your favorite turkey!

dsc_5902-001

Our weather in November is typically mild, in the 60s or even 70s on Thanksgiving day. We’ve spent many years eating turkey on my mother-in-law’s screened porch. This will be our first Thanksgiving without her and we will miss her.

dsc_6055-001

I added four proud Tom turkey plates to my collection this year, The Victorian English Pottery Turkey by Edward Challinor, with an acorn and oak leaf border, found at HomeGoods a couple of weeks ago.

dsc_5974-001

Oak leaves on our trees are still green with our warmer temperatures. I cut some for an organic and natural leafy runner to join an assortment of mini pumpkins, scattered nuts and votives, for an easy and casual centerpiece. We serve our plates buffet style on Thanksgiving day with the food on the kitchen island so we don’t have to leave room on the table for platters of food.

dsc_5933-001

This natural pumpkin and oak leave runner takes 5 minutes to assemble after gathering your leaves! You can arrange your elements down the center of your table a day or two in advance, then remove the leaves and place them to water to keep them from wilting. Dry off the stems and place them back on the table tucking them among the pumpkins and votives before your Thanksgiving feast, or use artificial leaves if you prefer.

dsc_5927-002

I love brown transferware and Spode Celebration Thanksgiving Turkey is one of my favorite patterns. I have two dinner plates that I found strutting their stuff at Tuesday Morning several years ago.

dsc_5945-001

A Victorian English Pottery Thanksgiving Turkey plate in blue, can be seen at my table from 2015, here, dressed with warm plaid layers.

dsc_5950-1-001

Autumn Monarch by Johnson Brothers Turkey plates, are rimmed with a decorative fruit and vegetable border.

dsc_6003-001

You can see them at an alfresco Thanksgiving table from 2014 herewith a turkey tureen centerpiece.

dsc_5931-001

Queen’s Myott by Churchill Thanksgiving Turkey has a peach floral and soft green leaf border. You can see them at a Thanksgiving back in 2011 with a pumpkin vase centerpiece and mini pumpkin vases at each place setting, here.

dsc_5934-001

A plaid tablecloth provides a foundation at the table with an ear of Indian corn at each place setting.

dsc_6049-001

dsc_5947-1-001

Royal Stafford Turkey plates have a touch of blue with fruit, flowers and wheat along the border of the plates. You can see them  at a Thanksgiving Table With a Touch of Blue, from 2012 here.

dsc_5942-1-001

dsc_5903-001

Pfaltzgraff amber all purpose glasses add a soft golden glow to the table.

dsc_5908-001

While I know most will be putting their Christmas decorations up on or before Thanksgiving, fall is my favorite season and has been slow to arrive and I want to linger with the pumpkins before rushing into the Christmas season.

dsc_5894-001

I don’t like to discuss politics but I’m thankful the election is over. ;)

dsc_5888-1-001

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving at your table whether dining with pumpkins or by twinkling Christmas tree lights!

easy-5-minute-centerpiece-for-thanksgiving

I’m sharing with:

Metamorphosis MondayThe ScoopInspire Me Tuesday

Wow Us WednesdaysTablescape ThursdayHome Sweet HomeFeathered Nest Friday

Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party

63 comments for “A Thanksgiving Table with Turkey Plates, Plaid and Pumpkin-Oak Leaf Runner

1. Marty Larson
    November 10, 2016 at 8:00 am

Your tablescapes are always so beautiful and inspiring. Seeing all these different turkey plates is fun, and of course, now I feel like shopping.

2. Karen Van Patten
    November 10, 2016 at 8:12 am

Beautiful table, puts me in the Thanksgiving mood!

3. Lanita Anderson
    November 10, 2016 at 8:13 am

Love, love, love your Thanksgiving tablescape!! In fact, I think it’s my favorite one, of all the ones I’ve seen! My favorites are the plaid tablecloth and the centerpiece – they both really set the tone for the table! Thank you for sharing…..Thanksgiving blessings to you!

4. Leslie
    November 10, 2016 at 8:13 am

The pumpkin runner is beautiful. I love the use of pumpkins, nature and candles. So warm and inviting. The table looks beautiful.

5. November 10, 2016 at 8:19 am

Oh my, I really never knew there were so many different turkey patterns in the transferware designs! Hard to choose a favorite, but I really like your newest ones, the Royal Stafford and the Autumn Monarch. The RS pattern reminds me of Windsor Ware with the rich coloring of the fruit. Love it!

6. November 10, 2016 at 8:20 am

I enjoy your posts so much. It was fun to see all thr different turkey plates. Happy Thanksgiving

7. Sherlie Magaret
    November 10, 2016 at 8:29 am

Beautiful table, love the settings.

8. RS
    November 10, 2016 at 8:57 am

Thank you for sharing these lovelies with us. I especially like the way you used ‘spillage’ of pumpkins, leaves, acorn, and indian corn across the table.

9. Sue
    November 10, 2016 at 9:00 am

Very pretty table Mary!!! And yes I am so glad the election is over too.

10. November 10, 2016 at 9:32 am

Such a pretty, pretty table. I love the natural oak leaves and the little Cinderella pumpkins down the center of your table and I am such a fan of your lovely Turkey plates. YES! Let us celebrate the end of the political ads!

11. Cheryl
    November 10, 2016 at 9:42 am

I so enjoyed browsing through your website this morning and looking at all of the lovely Thanksgiving and fall tables over the years. So beautiful. I love this time of year.

12. franki
    November 10, 2016 at 9:43 am

This is JUST RIGHT…not overly decorated but just tasteful as all get out!! LUV all the organic details and…well…the WHOLE THING!! Always a pleasure!! franki

• November 10, 2016 at 9:31 pm

Thanks for all your visits and comments Franki!

13. Ellen
    November 10, 2016 at 9:55 am

Absolutely the very best Thanksgiving tablescape ever!! I love the mix of the beautiful turkey plates, so many gorgeous patterns- impossible to choose a favorite one. The natural runner of pumpkins, oak leaves, nuts and votives on the plaid tablecloth is the perfect setting for Thanksgiving dinner. You have given these mini pumpkins many starring roles this Fall and I LOVE it! Thank-you for this lovely post.

• November 10, 2016 at 9:22 pm

Thanks so much for your sweet comment Ellen. ♥

14. Belle Bleu Interiors
    November 10, 2016 at 9:58 am

Mary, your table looks absolutely beautiful! What a perfect Thanksgiving table! Great minds must think alike, I used turkey plates in my tablescape this morning too! I hope that you have a happy and blessed day!!!

15. Ellen Stillabower
    November 10, 2016 at 10:03 am

Love the table and the plates…I acquired turkey plates this year and from the Christmas Tree Shop..i just love them and couldn’t believe how inexpensive there are…I got the matching mugs too..love the centerpiece too.. but I will be putting food in the middle of my table…thanks for sharing!! 🦃🦃🦃🦃

• Beth
      November 10, 2016 at 10:51 am

I love the simple centerpiece down the center. We are having a large crowd this year and I have chosen to set all the centerpieces with a similar theme. I added a few favorite salt and pepper shakers I’ve collected over the years. Thank you b for your beautiful inspiration.

16. Boni
    November 10, 2016 at 10:22 am

Love the plaid tablecloth! And centerpiece

17. November 10, 2016 at 10:42 am

Truly lovely, Mary! And, I’m so thankful for you and your “real time” inspiration! At a time when blogland AND the stores have turned the corner to Christmas, we can always count on you to inspire us for today.
    I’m hosting Thanksgiving unexpectedly for 22 loved ones. It’s 2 weeks away and I can barely lay my hands on a fall leaf or turkey!! The gal at a major retailer laughed and said, “Oh, honey you should have been here in Sept!!”.

• November 10, 2016 at 9:41 pm

Hi Valorie, I was in retail 20+ years and it’s an unfortunate reality if you’re trying to shop in season. I hope you have some luck with your turkey/leaf gathering for your family Thanksgiving. ♥

18. Donna
    November 10, 2016 at 11:47 am

Sweet display for a perfect day. Love the oak leaves, nuts and the colorful corn at each place. Inspiration for all, it puts me in the mood. Now the rest of us need to get going. Ambiance is part of this special day. One of my nieces did a Venn diagram on her blog one year to explain how this is her favorite holiday. Thank you for sharing all the goodness.

19. November 10, 2016 at 12:14 pm

Gorgeous! I love the Indian corn, and now you’ve inspired me with the turkey plates :)

20. Marilyn the Nurse
    November 10, 2016 at 12:41 pm

Your tables are always so beautiful!!! The turkey plates are wonderful, I have a few that I use for the little grandchildren and they love them. This makes me feel I need to buy more for next year. Love your blog and can’t wait to open it up each day you blog. So many wonderful ideas. Thank you and have a blessed Thanksgiving!!!!

• November 10, 2016 at 9:35 pm

Thank you for sweet comment Marilyn! Happy Thanksgiving to you too :)

21. November 10, 2016 at 1:38 pm

This is a beautiful Thanksgiving tablescape!!!

I, too, refuse to budge autumn too fast. I don’t decorate for Christmas until thanksgiving is over.

It’s my favorite too! Hugs!

22. November 10, 2016 at 1:58 pm

Nothing is prettier than a table runner of natural elements, so perfect for a Thanksgiving feast, and nice and low as to not block conversation…Love the Indian corn at each place, and the pretty plaid cloth, and your gold trimmed flatware. How much fun to have different turkey plates, too, they look great gathered together- kind of like family members, all the same but each unique :) You are ready for a lovely Thanksgiving Mary, I hope you have a beautiful fall day to enjoy!

23. November 10, 2016 at 2:00 pm

This is beautiful! I love the natural runner and the collection of turkey plates! I have a set of matching turkey salad plates that I use. They are the Queen’s Myott like you have. Now I think I would like to start a collection of different turkey dinner plates! Have a beautiful day, Mary.

24. Yvonne Shafer
    November 10, 2016 at 2:47 pm

Once again I’m off to shop for turkey plates after seeing your table settings ! Each one is beautiful! I like to linger over fall and not rush into the holiday craziness. Enjoy each minute!

• November 10, 2016 at 9:18 pm

Amen Yvonne! :)

25. Liz
    November 10, 2016 at 2:53 pm

Thanksgiving tablescape is perfectly set. Loved how you incorporated different designs but stayed with the same theme and color palate.your organic table runner is beautiful.

26. Marion
    November 10, 2016 at 3:24 pm

Everything is gorgeous. You set a beautiful table.
    Marion

27. Joan
    November 10, 2016 at 3:25 pm

You have beautiful dishes and other table settings. Always enjoy your posts.
    Joan

28. November 10, 2016 at 3:58 pm

Nothing can be more ‘at home’ than turkey plates and plaid. Grins, loving this, Sandi

29. November 10, 2016 at 6:30 pm

Lovin’ the mix and match turkey plates Mary! This is a fun Thanksgiving table:@)

30. November 10, 2016 at 6:48 pm

Love all your details, centrepiece, tablesettings…wow

31. Granny Gay
    November 10, 2016 at 8:13 pm

Another beautiful inspiration for me…many thanks for sharing your creativity…

32. November 10, 2016 at 9:19 pm

Mary, the centerpiece is a wonderful idea. I love dining on a long table like this, and it is fun to see a mix of turkey plates down the row. I think my favorites are the Edward Challinor plates with the acorn and oak leaf border, though I’ve long admired the Spode plates. Can you believe I don’t own any turkey plates? ;-)
    I don’t discuss politics either, and in full agreement about being grateful this election is over.
    Savor these last days of November and Happy Thanksgiving!

• November 10, 2016 at 10:23 pm

I can’t believe your dish cupboard doesn’t have any turkeys Sarah! You need to rectify that immediately. ;)

33. rattlebridge farm
    November 10, 2016 at 10:57 pm

Mary, your Thanksgiving table is a joy to behold. I love the mix of turkey plates, and your centerpiece is elegant, simple, gorgeous. I love the warm plaid tablecloth, too, along with the Indian corn accents. Just beautiful! We’ve had 57 – 67 degree days, mostly in the low 60s; I keep seeing 70-ish numbers in the forecast, so I’m thinking positive. Looking forward to playing in the forest with you and the girls next week. I know you are facing an empty seat at your table this year, and I will be thinking about you this holiday. xxoo

• November 11, 2016 at 8:04 am

Thank you Michael Lee. We miss her everyday but the holidays will be especially hard. My husband and I have been putting up her Christmas tree and decorating her house for years over the Thanksgiving weekend. I’m looking forward to feasting with you next week too. ♥

34. November 10, 2016 at 11:01 pm

Mary, this is so pretty! No one has thought of using the ubiquitous oak leaves as greenery amid the mini pumpkins with walnuts. So clever and organic. It couldn’t be more creative and simple. That’s what we all want and need.
    I don’t have any turkey plates either! My favorite would be the Royal Stafford.

• November 11, 2016 at 7:20 am

*Gasp* Bonnie…No turkey plates?! I usually pick up at least two every year at HomeGoods or T.J. Maxx to add to my collection. At $3.99 a piece, they’re hard to resist ;)

November 10, 2016 at 11:47 pm

Mary, I’m thankful for you and all the joy and inspiration you bring to us. I will say a little prayer for you and your hubby this Thanksgiving to help ease the grief with the passing of your mother-in-law. My mom passed about the same time and we are still working through our grief and will for some time I’m sure. It will be difficult not having her here with us for the weekend. I love the turkey plates, very unique, I think I like the Royal Strafford Turkey the best, I like the touch of fruit and wheat in the boarder. The centerpiece with the Indian Corn says it all. Oh, yes, I will be displaying my lovely 5 piece Turkey serving set that I won last year from your give-away. It is SO beautiful ~ thanks again!

• November 11, 2016 at 7:22 am

Cyndi, Thanks for your sweet comment and prayer. I was thinking about you and your mom this year too. ♥ Enjoy your turkey serving set!

36. November 10, 2016 at 11:57 pm

Just lovely and the photography is always impressive. So glad to have found others who love china and tablescaping.
    I think the reason we love fall is it lasts so long and grows on us, whereas Christmas is immediately after Thanksgiving and over so soon. As a child, my siblings had December birthdays, so the fresh tree went up on the 11th or 16th and soon gone.

37. Martha
    November 11, 2016 at 12:27 am

I think your readers ALL love your table setting! What’s not to love about it? I have never thought about mixing the different turkey plates but I love it! And it’s refreshing to read that you also want to enjoy Nov and Thanksgiving without passing it by and rushing into Christmas. I may have to stop looking at Instagram before mid Dec b/c there will be so much Christmas on there I’ll be tired of seeing it. Let’s enjoy the season we are in!

• November 11, 2016 at 7:30 am

Thanks so Martha! I was in retail for 20+ years and the seasons were always rushed and over before they arrived! It’s nice to take time to stop and smell the pumpkin pie before the scent of evergreen and gingerbread ;)

38. November 11, 2016 at 9:08 am

I LOVE this simple runner, Mary, and it’s so easy and thrifty! For each plate you showed, I kept thinking that “No, that’s my favorite”. I guess I love all of them and certainly would be happy to sit at any of those pretty plates. I know your dear mother-in-law will be missed this year, but I know how thankful you are that her love lives on in her son.

39. November 11, 2016 at 9:15 am

Mary, the table and centerpiece are stunning…love the idea of oak leaves! Mary, I know it will be hard without your precious mother-in-law…hugs and prayers!

• November 11, 2016 at 10:47 am

40. Patti Kachmar
    November 11, 2016 at 9:39 am

I LOVE your turkey table and plates , everything is fabulous. Got some great ideas for my dinner party next week. Thanks so much for your site. Can’t wait for the next one.

41. November 12, 2016 at 12:52 pm

Mary, I love love love your collection of turkey plates all gathered together to gobble together!! You will have a difficult time without your mother-in-law this year. My dad passed away one year just a few weeks before Thanksgiving, and the gathering was painful but healing too, as we shared happy memories and missed him at the same time. I hope you will at least be together with other loving family. Linda

42. Betty Price
    November 16, 2016 at 5:19 pm

Beautiful table Am adding turkey plates to my shopping list. I am also thankful the election is over! Where did you find the plaid tablecloth/runner

• November 16, 2016 at 6:20 pm

Thanks Betty! It came from HomeGoods :)

43. November 17, 2016 at 1:19 pm

I’m so glad I’m getting back in to blogging because I’ve missed so much inspiration like your beautiful tablescape!
    It’s fabulous and perfect for fall and Thanksgiving. Love the centerpiece! ~Delores

44. Marilyn
    November 17, 2016 at 4:36 pm

The Turkey plates are beautiful. You set a beautiful table.
    Marilyn