An Easy No-Bake Treat: Reindeer Corn Snack Mix!

Reindeer Corn Snack Mix! An easy no-bake treat for holiday snacking or last minute food gift! | homeiswheretheboatis.net #nobake #foodgift #Christmas

December is flying by, can you believe Christmas is one week from today? I have an easy, no-bake treat that’s perfect for last-minute gift giving and holiday snacking, Reindeer Corn Snack Mix! You can whip up a batch in about 20 minutes, almost as fast as you can say “On Dasher, on Dancer, on Prancer and Vixen . . .”!

DSC_5981.1

I’ve made a version of this candy coated popcorn snack mix for Football SeasonHalloweenThanksgivingJuly 4thEaster, and Valentine’s Day. The sweet and salty combination of popcorn, nuts, pretzels and candy, makes it highly addictive. I always send something to my hubby’s office for Christmas and this popcorn mix was requested and is a crowd-pleaser!

DSC_5971.1

More of a procedure than a recipe, you can vary this mix to your taste, changing the candy, sprinkles and quantities of ingredients. For this merry mix, I used reindeer corn, a holiday version of candy corn in Christmas red and green.

You can use any kind of pretzel to add the ‘salt’ factor in this mix. I found festive Utz Holiday Shaped Pretzels, bell, star and tree-shaped mini pretzels at Target.

This snack mix starts with popcorn and candy coating or almond bark. I use a ratio of 6 cups of popcorn per 16 ounce package of candy coating/ almond bark, but adjust your candy coating-to-popcorn ratio to your taste. Pop your corn using your preferred method, removing any old maids or unpopped kernels and set aside.

I prefer CandiQuik (found on the baking aisle) for the convenience of the blocks of bark and the microwave disposable tray, but any brand of candy coating will work. Melt the candy coating according to the package directions. Mix your melted candy coating with your popcorn in a large bowl, stirring well until coated, then spread the popcorn on wax paper or parchment lined baking sheet(s) to set.

Add some Christmas red and green sprinkles to your popcorn while the coating is still warm, to make it merry and bright. Once your popcorn is set (about 10 minutes), break into pieces. To your popcorn, stir in some salted nuts, pretzels, and candy of choice. I used red and green M&Ms, along with the reindeer corn.

DSC_5959.1

Store your Reindeer Corn Snack Mix in an airtight container until ready to enjoy or for gift giving. The key to keeping the popcorn from becoming stale is to use enough almond bark to provide a hard shell coating. The popcorn mix will stay fresh for a week or longer in a sealed container.

I hope you’re enjoying The Most Wonderful Time of the Year. . .

Reindeer Mugs / Pfaltzgraff Dancing Snowflakes

Reindeer Corn / HomeGoods or online from Jelly Belly, Candy Warehouse

Gift Tin / Hobby Lobby

“On Comet, on Cupid, on Donner and Blitzen”!

Thank you for your visit, sharing with:

Metamorphosis MondayThe ScoopWow Us Wednesdays,
  Feathered Nest Friday, Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party

21 comments for “An Easy No-Bake Treat: Reindeer Corn Snack Mix!

1. December 18, 2017 at 6:15 am

Gorgeous, festive presentation while being easy to make and tasting yummy at the same time! What more could an individual ask for during the holiday season! Merry Christmas!

2. December 18, 2017 at 6:58 am

Thanks so much Mary! I’m scrambling to get everything done this week and this is the perfect solution and gift for neighbors! If I can’t find the reindeer corn, I think I’ll just use the red and green M&M’s. Merry Christmas!

3. December 18, 2017 at 7:03 am

Oh so cute! I’ve made your popcorn for other holidays and this Christmas version will be another hit with my family. Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas week!

4. Granny Gay:)
    December 18, 2017 at 7:11 am

A festive picker-upper for sure this morning! I would love being on the receiving end of this tasty gift!
    Merry Christmas…one week early, Mary, to you and your family.

5. Norma Rolader
    December 18, 2017 at 7:17 am

What a wonderful presentation for gift or gathering

6. December 18, 2017 at 7:17 am

Oh those pretzels and the whole mix is adorable! I’m afraid I’d eat a whole tin myself. Have a Merry Christmas Mary!

7. December 18, 2017 at 8:48 am

I love this!! I made it for Halloween….would be fun to make for Christmas! Love how you do this!! Thank you. Merry Christmas!!!!!

Blessings
    Gert

December 18, 2017 at 8:49 am

I bet it has that great mouth watering sensation of sweet and salty! Thanks for another great and tasty idea! One week and counting, I’d better get wrapping my gifts!

9. Sue
    December 18, 2017 at 8:50 am

I just want to reach into the computer and grab a handful!!

10. December 18, 2017 at 8:56 am

Love it!!

11. December 18, 2017 at 9:03 am

I love the combination of sweet and salty! Thanks for this ‘no-bake’ treat and gift, my ‘to-do’ list is long and seems to be growing, Merry Christmas!

12. December 18, 2017 at 9:07 am

I think I’ll whip up a batch to take to my son and grands. Wish me luck finding the reindeer corn. If I can’t find it I’ll look for something red and green to add. Your edible Christmas tree is adorable too, Merry Christmas!

13. December 18, 2017 at 9:23 am

I love your popcorn mixes, Mary! Cissy had fun making the Halloween mix, and I know she will love making this one, too. I’m thinking this would make a great gift for my neighbors! Thank you, as always!

14. December 18, 2017 at 10:01 am

I have made your snack mix before and it is so good. I need to mix up a batch of the Reindeer version! There is something about the salty and sweet combination that most people love! Thanks for sharing, Mary!

15. Kathi
    December 18, 2017 at 5:11 pm

Went and got all the ingredients today! I will be making this cute treat this week!

• December 18, 2017 at 5:12 pm

I hope you enjoy Kathi! Merry Christmas! 🎄

16. December 18, 2017 at 6:13 pm

You can’t beat a sweet and salty snack mix for any occasion! This version is adorable Mary, I am going to try to make it for our Sugar Bowl party New Year’s Eve! I wish a had a mug full to snack on right now…

17. Ricki Treleaven
    December 18, 2017 at 7:33 pm

This is great snacking food for Hallmark Channel Christmas movies. Thanks for sharing, Mary!

18. Paula
    December 18, 2017 at 8:28 pm

~Mary~
    I always love this mix , hard to stop eating !!

Merry Christmas to you and yours, and blessings in 2018!
    Paula IN.

19. Dianne
    December 23, 2017 at 5:12 pm

I made a batch of this for Christmas snacking. I couldn’t find reindeer corn so just left it out !
    I used candy quick from the grocery store but if you plan ahead ( which I did not) I would recommend ordering candy melts from Country Kitchen Sweet Art in Indiana. Some of the best melting candy for candy making projects.

Thank you for your comments~ they make my day ♥

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )