Celebrating the Red, White and Blueberry: Patriotic Berry Trifle

Patriotic Berry Trifle

Patriotic Berry Trifle is a quick and easy dessert

to celebrate the Red, White and Blueberry!

Trifle is my go-to dessert, I usually make one or two, a couple of couple times a year to send to my hubby’s office for birthdays. It’s an ideal dessert for me to send since it’s make-ahead, easy to assemble, and a crowd-pleaser! Best of all, no baking is required when you pick up a ready-made pound cake or angel food cake in the grocery. You can assemble it as far ahead as the night before it’s being served or just a few hours in advance.

With Memorial Day on the horizon, I used a medley of strawberries in season, blueberries and blackberries.

No recipe is required and it’s easy to customize your trifle with fruit, cake flavor, and vary the layers with your choice of custard, pudding, lemon curd, whipped cream or a combination!

Start with an angel food or pound cake

from your grocery store bakery.

Cut your cake in cubes, layer with berries. . .

I used alternating layers of whipped cream and a mixture of lemon curd and light cream cheese.

For two cups of lemon curd, I mix (2) 8 ounce packages of light cream cheese. Use room temperature cream cheese for easier mixing. Adjust the ratio of cream cheese to lemon curd to your taste, whether you want it more cream-cheesy or more lemony.

Easy Microwave Lemon Curd

You can find an easy microwave

lemon curd recipe here.

Patriotic Berry Trifle

Metamorphosis Monday,

The ScoopInspire Me Tuesday,

Wow Us WednesdaysFoodie Friday

31 comments for “Celebrating the Red, White and Blueberry: Patriotic Berry Trifle

1. May 16, 2014 at 6:07 am

Yes please :-) This is a beautiful patriotic dessert.

2. May 16, 2014 at 6:26 am

That is amazing!!!!! :)

3. Carol Jones :-)
    May 16, 2014 at 6:47 am

Haven’t made a trifle in forever. Yours is so gorgeous and I love the idea of mixing the lemon curd with the cream cheese! Thx for your constant inspirations!

4. May 16, 2014 at 7:15 am

Wish I had some of your trifle for breakfast. Looks so good and very pretty.

5. May 16, 2014 at 7:44 am

Have pity!!! My mouth is watering and my weight is going up! ;)

6. May 16, 2014 at 7:49 am

Great dessert to set off the beginning of summer! I will have to experiment with marscapone, instead of cream cheese.! Either way everyone love the “trifle!”

7. May 16, 2014 at 7:52 am

The dessert is so easy and so pretty, and yes, so very patriotic! Thank you, Mary, for another inspirational idea. xo

8. May 16, 2014 at 8:08 am

This is my kind of dessert. I like the idea of lemon curd with cream cheese. I also like Stonewall Kitchen’s which is even easier!

9. Judy
    May 16, 2014 at 8:20 am

Instead of all whipped cream, I mix vanilla Greek yogurt and cream together. Cuts the calories but not the taste. I think adding in the lemon curd would mKe it perfect.

10. franki
    May 16, 2014 at 9:08 am

I’m going to have to start walking further…wow…another great dessert!! This will be on our menu…will probably have to double as good as it sounds…one for me…one for them!! franki

11. May 16, 2014 at 10:24 am

My mouth is actually watering!!This dessert looks yummy and lovely! Will definitely be on my July 4th menu!! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

12. May 16, 2014 at 10:25 am

Oh Lordy, I am starving right now and wish I could steal a BIG scoop of this!!!! This will also be perfect for our picnic at the clubhouse on Memorial day! Love the idea od the cheesy lemon curd….YUM!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Grandmom
    May 16, 2014 at 11:30 am

Family coming for Memorial Day Weekend…definitely making this fresh & light dessert. Think I’ll let the grandchildren put together the Flag inspired strawberry, cheese cubes, & blueberry tray. QUESTION: What size quilts do you use on your table? I’ve searched for square ones – so far no success. Love the homey look & feel of quilts as table covers for our round breakfast table; however, most of the quilts I have are Queen size.

• May 16, 2014 at 12:17 pm

Hi Grandmom! I used Full/Queen size quilts on my tables. Hope the kids enjoy assembling the flag for Memorial Day :)

14. May 16, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Love trifles. Haven’t made one in quite a while…thanks for the reminder!

15. May 16, 2014 at 4:59 pm

Mary, it’s fun to see the red, white, and blue as we approach the first of our patriotic summer holidays. Looks delicious!
    Have a terrific weekend.

16. May 16, 2014 at 5:12 pm

Looks delicious! I have never made it with the lemon curd, great idea!

17. May 16, 2014 at 5:30 pm

love how you manage to make the most of your lemon curd, it pops up in the most delightful places~

18. paula
    May 16, 2014 at 7:19 pm

~Mary~
    oh How I love when you do the holidays !! I too am thinking of 4th July, but that only means summer going to fast :(
    Have a fun weekend :)
    Paula
    IN

19. May 16, 2014 at 7:37 pm

Looks delicious Mary! I will definitely try this with angel food cake this summer! Linda

20. May 16, 2014 at 8:35 pm

So stunning, I bet the people at your husbands office are so spoiled with all the goodies you send them! It must be health food anyway, with all that fresh fruit! :) I have been trying to come up with something red, white and New for Memorial Day that is fast approaching. I know I could whip this up and everyone would be very happy!

21. May 16, 2014 at 8:45 pm

I love the idea of mixing lemon curd with cream cheese! Can’t wait to make this. Pinning!

22. May 16, 2014 at 10:19 pm

This trifle is so pretty, Mary, and sounds delicious!! I’ve already pinned it to my Pinterest boards. :) It may sound trite, but I love to see red, white, and blue in the spring and summer. It’s just so cheerful and patriotic. This is a great recipe for Memorial Day and Fourth of July — thanks for sharing!

Big Hugs,

Denise

23. linda kemp
    May 17, 2014 at 10:30 am

This is perfect for Memorial Day and so easy. Good job again!!

24. Kim
    May 19, 2014 at 9:05 am

Your trifle looks so fun and festive – delicious, too! Thanks for sharing. :-)

25. Marty@A Stroll Thru Life
    May 19, 2014 at 6:12 pm

This is beautiful and looks so good. We have strawberries and blueberries growing in the back yard, so I need to make this. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

26. May 20, 2014 at 10:37 pm

This looks delicious! I would love for you share it on my Tasty Tuesday recipe link up here! Everything gets pinned and I would love to have you!

27. May 27, 2014 at 9:43 pm

What a beautiful dessert for Memorial Day Mary! Thanks for linking up with HSH!
    Sherry