Celebrate the Red, White and Blueberry with an easy, no-bake dessert for your Star-Spangled Celebration.
Patriotic Berry Trifle is a quick and easy dessert
to celebrate the Red, White and Blueberry!
Trifle is my go-to dessert! I usually make one or two, a couple of couple times a year to send to my hubby’s office for birthdays. It’s an ideal dessert to send as it’s make-ahead, easy to assemble, and a crowd-pleaser! Best of all, no baking is required when you pick up a ready-made pound cake or angel food cake in the grocery store bakery. You can assemble it the night before or a few hours in advance.
I used a medley of strawberries, blueberries and blackberries.
More of a procedure than a recipe, it’s easy to customize your trifle to your taste with the fruit, cake flavor of your choice for any holiday or occasion. Alternate the cake and fruit layers with your choice of pudding, lemon curd, whipped cream or a combination!
For this Patriotic Berry Trifle, I started with an angel food (or use pound cake) from your grocery store bakery.
Cut your cake in cubes, layer with berries. . .
For two cups of lemon curd, I mixed (2) 8 ounce packages of light cream cheese. Use room temperature cream cheese for easier mixing. Adjust the ratio of cream cheese to lemon curd to your taste, whether you want it more cream-cheesy or more lemony.
Find an easy microwave lemon curd recipe, HERE.
Serve Stars and Stripes Berry Trifles in mason jars
for a picnic-friendly and portable dessert.
Find another easy patriotic dessert to celebrate the Red, White and Blueberry,
Star-Spangled Slab Pie, HERE.
Find 25+ Patriotic and Party Treats for your
Star-Spangled Celebration, HERE
Patriotic Berry Trifle
- trifle bowl
- 1 pound cake or angel food cake cubed
- 16 oz. lemon curd
- (2) 8 oz. package cream cheese (full fat or reduced fat)
- 16 oz. tub of whipped topping Cool Whip or fresh whipped cream
- Fresh strawberries blueberries, blackberries, (rinsed and dried, strawberries sliced)
- Start with an even layer of cubed pound cake or angel food cake in the bottom of a trifle dish or clear glass bowl.
- Spoon 1/3 of the lemon curd / cream cheese mixture onto cake.
- Add a layer of the berries, placing as many against the glass as possible for a pretty presentation.
- Top with 1/3 of the whipped cream / topping.
- Repeat with the layering twice more: cake, lemon curd mixture, berries, and whipped cream.
- Garnish top of the trifle with berries. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
For the lemon curd /cream cheese:
- Mix two cups of lemon curd with (2) 8 ounce packages of softened cream cheese (full fat or reduced fat ). Adjust the ratio of cream cheese to lemon curd to your taste, whether you want it more cream-cheesy or more lemony.
- Use a ready-make pound cake or angel food cake from the grocery store bakery for quick and easy assembly.
- More of a procedure than a recipe, it’s easy to customize your trifle to your taste with the fruit, cake flavor of your choice for any holiday or occasion. Alternate the cake and fruit layers with your choice of pudding, lemon curd, whipped cream or a combination.
- You can assemble the night before or just a few hours in advance. If assembling the night before, garnish top with berries right before serving.
- Leftover trifle can be stored, loosely covered in the fridge, for up to 3 days, after which it will still be edible but the cake will become soggy.
- Find a recipe for easy microwave lemon curd, HERE.
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase anything through an affiliate link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Thank you for your visit, sharing with: