Halloween is the time of year when it’s fun to dress up, including your cocktail. You can transform your Bloody Mary with a few spooky garnishes to make it a Bloody Scary for All Hallows’ Eve.
While I stay away from gore, I do enjoy a little scary fun especially in a celebratory cocktail with Halloween falling on Saturday this year.
Use your Bloody Mary mix of your choice (we like ZingZang, available at the grocery store). Crystal Head Vodka comes in a spooky skull bottle. Mix and serve with a skeletal hand, if you dare. . .
For spooky garnishes for your Bloody Scary, pickled okra (found on the aisle with the other pickles) makes delectable creepy green witch fingers! Attach a sliced almond for a fingernail with a little cream cheese. Skewer a mozzarella ball and top with an olive slice for a spooky eyeball.
I added a some poppy seed and pepper for a little black color to my Bloody Scary rimmer and served with a pair of festive straws.
For other cocktail options for Halloween, shake up a Skeletini,
a spooky infusion of vodka, Grand Marnier, pomegranate and lime juice.
For more spooky fun find Tricks and Treats for Hosting a Spooky Hallo-Wine Party, HERE.
Along with a recipe for ‘Graveyard Dust’ Cheddar Cheese Ball
and Black Bean and Olive Hummus with Spooky Spinach Tortilla Chips!
- 4 oz Zing Zang® Bloody Mary Mix or mix of choice
- 1 1/2 oz. vodka of choice
- Spooky garnishes: Pickled okra, almond slice, cream cheese, mozzarella ball, olives, as well as lime and celery stalk if desired.
- Fill glass with ice, add vodka and Bloody Mary mix; stir to combine.
- For spooky garnishes for your Bloody Scary:
- To make a creepy green witch finger garnish, attach an almond slice using a little cream cheese to pickled okra.
- Skewer a mozzarella ball and top with an olive slice for a spooky eyeball.
- Pickled okra can be found on the aisle with the other pickles.
- Add some Bloody Mary Salt rimmer to your glass, by rubbing glass with a wedge of lime, then dipping glass in rimmer if desired.
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase anything through an affiliate link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Thank you for your visit, I’m joining: