Mini Chicken and Waffles Party Bites

Mini Chicken & Waffles with Pepper Jelly Syrup

Mini Chicken and Waffles caught my attention in Southern Living in the holiday party starter section, where they turned classic Southern dishes into adorable finger foods fit for company!

We enjoyed these last year as one of

our party bites for New Year’s.

Of course you can make Buttermilk Chicken and Waffles with Peach-Horseradish Maple Syrup, but after all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, I was looking for some short cuts. My version is really complicated be sure you pay close attention to the steps involved. . .

Ready?

Buy some Eggo Minis and drive thru Chick-fil-A

and order some nuggets or pick up a tray. . . :)

For the syrup I mixed pepper jelly with maple syrup. I didn’t measure, just tasted and mixed until we had the right amount of sweet heat. For a guideline, Southern Living’s recipe for Peach-Horseradish Maple Syrup was 1/4 cup preserves to 1 cup Maple Syrup, but adjust to your taste.

You can get fancy and serve with a party pick,

but these go fast you’ll want to

order a tray of nuggets :)

Happy Holidays!

Metamorphosis Monday,

The Scoop,  Inspire Me Tuesday,

Wow Us Wednesdays,  Foodie Friday

29 comments for “Mini Chicken and Waffles Party Bites

1. December 28, 2013 at 6:10 am

You know I love appys and party food! These sound great Mary and I could even eat them now… at 6AM:@)

2. Sandi Lee
    December 28, 2013 at 6:20 am

I’m having a New Year’s Day brunch and these will be on the menu! Thanks so much, Mary and Happy New year to you!!!

3. December 28, 2013 at 7:13 am

My kind of recipe!!! How fun & How EASY. I love pepper jelly & I love Chick-fil-A, too. Ms. C. might even eat these!!! LOL
    Thanks for the idea, Mary

4. Mindy
    December 28, 2013 at 8:04 am

I think I could pull this one off! Looks fun and kid friendly too! Thanks for sharing.

5. December 28, 2013 at 8:38 am

Hi Mary, This is exactly my kind of cooking and a great combination of flavors! We don’t have a Chick-Fil-A here but I’ll find an alternative. Yum, the topping sounds delicious! We love pepper jelly and we certainly do have maple syrup! I want one right now!! Linda

6. Peggy Thal
    December 28, 2013 at 9:17 am

Fun and easy party food! They look beautiful and as though you spent a long time in the kitchen. Look delicious too.

7. BamaCarol
    December 28, 2013 at 9:28 am

My kind of recipe after cooking for the holidays! And we have a Chick-fil-a just a couple of miles away so it is too convenient. Have a wonderful New Year!

8. December 28, 2013 at 9:33 am

Scary is all I can say! Must be a southern thing;-)

9. franki
    December 28, 2013 at 9:35 am

My grandkiddos would LUV this since they luv Chick-fil-A! Who would have thunk it?!? franki

10. December 28, 2013 at 9:46 am

Mary, You are a genius! This is a great idea!

Happy New Year!

11. Backin9
    December 28, 2013 at 10:01 am

Perfect! I’ll be in a hotel room for New Years, and could even to this recipe in the room! Easy! Easy! Easy! Thanks, and Happy New Year!

12. December 28, 2013 at 11:27 am

Mmmary, these sound easy peasy and Chick Fil A is my favorite fast food place. Thanks for the yumminess. xo

13. December 28, 2013 at 12:11 pm

These Party bites sounds and looks delicious!

14. December 28, 2013 at 3:53 pm

I love everything about this! The freezer section, the Chick-fil-a shortcuts and that syrup. Pinning this one. Happy New Year.

15. December 28, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Now this is GREAT!!! How simple could it be??? I love it and will be making these, may even take some to one of the 2 parties we are going to NYE!!! Thanks!!!! Your photo made me think you had spent hours in the kitchen:):) HAPPY new year!!!!!!!!!!!

16. December 28, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Whoo! These look sooo good! I LOVE pepper jelly so it has to be good mixed with maple syrup on the chicken and waffles. The peach, horseradish syrup mentioned reminds me a little of Jezebel Sauce. Gotta try your waffles and chicken for our next party. Thanks!

17. bj
    December 28, 2013 at 7:26 pm

HOLY COW…these sound AMAZING…can’t wait to make them, USING YOUR RECIPE, for NY’s Eve…woo hoo…
    Thanks so much….

18. December 29, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Oh yum! I am so trying this!

19. December 29, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Easy and quick to make… What a great idea for n appetizer…

20. Karen
    December 29, 2013 at 9:29 pm

This is such a great recipe! And sounds soooo easy,I can’t wait to try it out. Thank You!

21. December 29, 2013 at 10:20 pm

I pinned this recently, I’ve never had chicken and waffles but am so ready to try it! Especially in an appetizer version~I have never had a tray of Chick Fila nuggets that wasn’t demolished, so of course it would be perfect on Eggo minis with a little drizzle~I’m thinking it would be crazy good for a beach brunch when guests are stirring at different times…fun stuff!

22. December 30, 2013 at 1:07 pm

This would be great for New Year’s Day! How did I miss this in Southern Living? :/

I’m making this for Wednesday’s brunch. Everyone will love it!

23. December 30, 2013 at 10:10 pm

These look so delicious, and I love how easy they are to make. I only wish we had a Chick-fil-a close enough to pick up some of those nuggets. I need to try some of the copy cat recipes I’ve seen floating around.

I’m visiting you from Marvelous Mondays, and we’d love for you to link up with us at Saturday Night Fever too! The party is still going until Tuesday :)

24. Fagan C Goodwin
    March 23, 2017 at 2:21 pm

Just curious if the waffles get hard after sitting out. Trying to do this for a baby shower brunch…