A Teapot Wreath for a Mad Tea Party

I’m hanging a teapot wreath in welcome for a Mad Tea Party!

Did you get your tea party invitation by post?

If not, never fear, your invitation is here:

9th Annual Mad Tea Party

You’re invited to a Mad Tea Party at A Fanciful Twist, Saturday, July 23rd.

There will be butterflies. . .

Cards. . .

Keys. . .

Hearts. . .

Tarts. . .

Tea, of course. . .

And most everything a girl in Wonderland could dream of.

Expect to see white rabbits, clocks, mushrooms, teacups, and a Cheshire Cat too!

Mad Tea Party Teapot Wreath Details:

Boxwood wreath, Smith & Hawken / Target

MacKenzie-Childs Sky Butterfly Teapot / Horchow, on sale now!

Ribbon, Butterflies / Michaels

Alice In Wonderland Playing Cards, Prospero Art / Amazon

Heart Playing Cards and Clothespins / Michaels, several years ago

See you Saturday. . .

Don’t Be Late!

Mad Tea Party Teapot Wreath

More Mad Tea Party table inspiration here:

Mad Hatter's Tea Party | homeiswheretheboatis.net

Thank you for your visit, I’m joining:

Metamorphosis MondayThe Scoop,  Inspire Me Tuesday,

Wow Us WednesdaysTablescape ThursdayHome Sweet Home,  Feathered Nest Friday

Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party

48 comments for “A Teapot Wreath for a Mad Tea Party

1. Pattie Leonardis
    July 21, 2016 at 6:08 am

this Mad Hatter tea party scheme is fantastic! where did the bunny pitcher come from please?

• Suzz
      July 22, 2016 at 9:26 pm

Mary, you continue to surprise me. Amazing, delightful and just a bit quirky. Perfect

2. July 21, 2016 at 6:40 am

Thanks Pattie, from HomeGoods several years ago :)

3. Sherlie Magaret
    July 21, 2016 at 6:43 am

How cute! Everything is so adorable. I love it.

4. Ruth
    July 21, 2016 at 6:49 am

Love the Mackenzie Childs tea pot wreath with all the playing cards, butterflies and ribbons. Great combination for your tea party.

5. Michelle
    July 21, 2016 at 6:51 am

Did someone say Tea Party? Well yes, I’ll be there! Love it! In times of so much disturbance all a round us, this is perfect! See you Saturday!🤗🌴😎

6. Pam
    July 21, 2016 at 7:22 am

Incredibly charming!

7. July 21, 2016 at 7:25 am

Oh my goodness gracious! Your wreath is so adorable! I love everything about it! The butterflies, the teapot with the ribbon pouring out…WOW!

8. July 21, 2016 at 7:50 am

Amazing cuteness! So creative!

9. July 21, 2016 at 8:01 am

Oh my goodness Mary, your magical teapot wreath is adorable. I love the ribbon pouring from the spout and all the decor. Even your topiary is festively dressed for the occasion!

10. Peggy Bryant
    July 21, 2016 at 8:05 am

Your imagination is endless. Love❤️

11. Mary Michelle
    July 21, 2016 at 8:24 am

Oh what fun you must have seeing your delightful creations come together! Your wreath is wonderful.

12. Linda
    July 21, 2016 at 8:47 am

My favorite floral designs to create are wreaths. This is adorable!!

13. July 21, 2016 at 9:01 am

Mary, I’m all a-flutter anticipating the delights and beauty of your delightful tea party! I see that the clock is signaling time for tea which is fine with me as I always have a cup in hand. Will we go past your amazing wreath or will we take our tea lakeside? I wonder!! :) It looks like it will be the most wonderful dream! I can’t wait and I won’t be late!! Linda

14. Linda
    July 21, 2016 at 9:01 am

Can you tell me the size of your wreath?

• July 21, 2016 at 9:30 am

It’s 21 inches. It’s preserved boxwood so it’s meant for indoor use and it’s now hanging inside. :)

• Linda
        July 21, 2016 at 11:17 am

Thank you.

15. July 21, 2016 at 9:54 am

Mary, so much fun and creativity! I will be there Saturday! Pam @ Everyday Living

16. Marie in AZ
    July 21, 2016 at 10:00 am

Creative perfection! Just lovely, all components are so “Mad Hatter”….

17. July 21, 2016 at 10:44 am

Mary, I can’t wait! I’m dreaming of what white rabbits might await and all the fun of the table you will set for tea. I’m kicking myself that I didn’t get a table done. I even have some new white rabbits of my own that have been waiting in the wings to debut at a Mad Tea. I wonder if you might have them too. Alas I was too late getting organized, and now I have to be away. Of course you know that the tea pot is a favorite for me and the perfect centerpiece for your wreath. I don’t have any of the butterfly pieces, but I need to add some. I will be at your party without question, but sadly will be late. Save me a cup of tea please, and a goodie or two. I know you’ll have planned a fabulous party!

18. July 21, 2016 at 11:05 am

Oh my gosh Mary, your magical teapot wreath is FANTASTICALLY ORIGINAL!! The picot ribbon representing the flowing water/tea was positively brilliant. I soooo wish I’d seen this before my quilt guild’s tea party picnic…I would have made one for the door!! next time, for sure!
    You are always such a great inspiration, Hon…thanks!!

19. July 21, 2016 at 1:05 pm

Absolutely fantastic!
    Love every little detail. As usual, Mary, you outdid yourself.

20. July 21, 2016 at 1:09 pm

Mary, what a great idea, having the ribbon coming out of the spout – so clever of you! Of course, I love the Butterfly Garden pattern (and took advantage of that sale too!). Your tea party theme played out in a big way!

21. Ellen Stillabower
    July 21, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Beautiful, clever, creative, colorful…just plain love it!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

22. July 21, 2016 at 5:09 pm

MacKenzie-Childs Sky Butterfly Teapot — swoooon!!!!!!!!!!! And on sale?!!!! Lucky you!

23. Morwenna Schifter
    July 21, 2016 at 5:18 pm

LOVE IT!

24. July 21, 2016 at 5:25 pm

That is one awesome wreath and the topiary on the porch is not too shabby either. How did you secure the tea pot to the wreath ? Always impressed by the quality of the photos.

• July 21, 2016 at 5:32 pm

Thanks Myrna! The teapot is tied on the wreath with the ribbon. It’s an enamel teapot and not as heavy as a porcelain one, is but I think you could secure any teapot that way. :)

25. July 21, 2016 at 6:28 pm

Your wreath really turned out cute Mary-have fun with the party:@)

26. July 21, 2016 at 6:38 pm

This wreath is way too cute!!!!…Probably one of the most creative wreaths I have ever seen!…I love how you put that white sheer ribbon through the spout to mimic a pour….genius!…Pinned away!!!

27. July 21, 2016 at 6:57 pm

Scream! This is officially the cutest thing I’ve ever seen Mary!!! OMG, the McK-Chds teapot pouring out from the center is pure genius!! and the black and white ribbon tying all the Alice elements together, Scream again!!! The clock and the candelabra, adorable! I can’t wait for Sat. I know it’s going to be crazy fun!!

28. Paula
    July 21, 2016 at 7:26 pm

~Mary~

Hands down for that adorable wreath !! Can’t wait until the “Tea Party” oh my I hope I’m not late !! :)

Paula
    in

29. Marilyn
    July 21, 2016 at 7:59 pm

What a lovely and fun idea.
    Marilyn

30. July 21, 2016 at 8:04 pm

Oh, so cute to use the Alice cards! I bought those after seeing them on your blog and my niece loves to play go fish with them! LOL Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

31. Karen
    July 22, 2016 at 9:24 am

PERFECTION!☕☕

32. Pat
    July 22, 2016 at 9:43 am

Oh, my! What a fun, fantastical wreath and table! Mary, your ideas are always so inspiring! Love all the details!

33. Joette Talicska
    July 22, 2016 at 12:57 pm

Brilliant as usual!!!!! Your wreath and topiary are stunning, fun, whimsical and as always, make my day and bring an “aaahhhhhh” to my heart. I actually laughed and thought..”of course she did”, when I saw the ( ribbon) tea puring out the spout:). Thank you for always sharing your creativity and your inspirations with all of us!!!!

34. Virginia.
    July 22, 2016 at 3:28 pm

Love it, love it, love it. You have given me such inspiration for the Tea Party I am planning for September. I have the perfect teapot to tie to my front door wreath. Thanks so much for your imaginative ideas.

35. Ronda
    July 23, 2016 at 12:17 am

Such an original wreath!! You are so creative!!! I have quite a few Mackenzie Childs pieces, may have to add the butterfly teapot to my collection!!! Such a great reason to have a tea party too!!! Thanks again for making me smile and always providing your readers with such “original” inspiration!!!!

July 23, 2016 at 1:17 am

Over- the- top Mary! Too cute! Love it all, especially the ribbon-pouring spout! See you Saturday- ha – later this a.m.!

37. thedecorativedreamersembroidery
    July 24, 2016 at 9:11 am

Oh wow, I thought I was looking at one of your beautiful tablescapes and took me a bit of scroll to realize it was actually a wreath. I love those Alice in Wonderland cards with story and the beautiful teapot with butterflies. I would be terrified to have it on a wreath, but it sure is beautiful! Gorgeous whimsey for the eyes!

• July 24, 2016 at 10:25 am

Thank you! The teapot is enamel (not porcelain) so it’s lightweight and tied securely. :)

38. Shirley
    July 25, 2016 at 12:21 am

Amazing wreath Mary! You are so artistic.

39. July 25, 2016 at 11:00 am

Mary, how extraordinaire! Love it all!

40. Jain
    August 17, 2016 at 5:18 pm

The teapot ribbon has me swooning!

41. September 18, 2016 at 10:36 am

Beautiful!! I want to make one too now!!!