Last Minute Easter Menu Additions: Sides, Salads & Desserts

Happy Good Friday and Easter Weekend!

If you’re short or time and in need some help or inspiration for your Easter or spring gathering, I pulled together a round-up of recipes for your menu that can be made ahead or that use some short cuts!

Click on the links for the complete recipe or details.

Two Easter Favorites: Potato Salad and Deviled Eggs in One Bite

Potato Salad Deviled Eggs are a combination of two of our Easter menu favorites, deviled eggs and potato salad, a convenient and delicious version of a deviled egg, to go with your Easter ham! Use prepared potato salad from the deli for an easy short cut and garnish with bacon and chives.

Deviled Egg Baskets with Edible Flowers

Deviled Egg Baskets are reminiscent of an Easter basket, garnished with flowering herbs and edible blossoms, topped with a chive basket handle! Ideal for a Derby party, garden club lunch, or bridal shower, and a pretty way to dress up your deviled eggs for your spring gathering or celebration!

Layered Spring Salad

A make-ahead recipe and flavorful salad for your potluck, family gathering or barbecue!

Asparagus Strawberry Salad with Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette

Asparagus and strawberries may seem like unlikely salad partners, but their flavors are married with a light and easy orange vinaigrette dressing, and topped with the sweet and salty combination of bacon and sugared pecans! You can prepare the components of the salad in advance and assemble right before serving. If you’re short on time, purchase candied pecans from the grocery store too!

Broccoli-Grape Pasta Salad

A make-ahead recipe and crowd-pleasing medley of sweet, tangy, crunchy and salty with the addition of toasted pecans and bacon.

Bunny Ears Salad

Fun and easy for Easter with “bunny ears” hiding in the salad greens and easy recipe for Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette! Use ready-made palmiers as a short cut from the grocery store!

Cucumber and Strawberry Salad

A light and refreshing salad for the spring or summer. Garnish with edible flowers if desired.

Berrylicious Fruit Salad with Orange-Vanilla Syrup

Perfect for a brunch, shower, or spring lunch! The orange-vanilla syrup is an easy and delicious addition to the fresh berries and fruit!

Berry {Quick & Easy} Layered Cake

Ideal for dessert emergencies or company! Use a store-bought cake (angel food or pound cake) cut in thirds and layer with berries, lemon curd, pudding, whipped cream or a combination.

Bunny Tail Bonbons, aka White Chocolate-Cheesecake Truffles

An easy, make-ahead recipe for a sweet ending or Easter dessert. Serve these sweet confections in mini cupcake wrappers for a festive & tidy bite!

Almond and Poppy Seed Loaf Cake

Baked in a 8 x 4 loaf pan, so it’s a smaller size to enjoy but enough to satisfy your sweet tooth for brunch, tea or dessert!

Rosemary Lemon Bars

Tart, sweet, buttery and savory, all in one luscious bite!

No-Bake Easter Bunny Bark

Assemble in less than 10 minutes for an easy no-bake treat to satisfy everybunny’s sweet tooth!

PEEPS Chocolate Chip Cookie Tart

Use chocolate chip refrigerated cookie dough for a quick and easy dessert with Easter PEEPS!

Mini Easter Basket Cakes

Festive to serve and easy to decorate, filling with colored coconut for “grass”, candy eggs, and a chocolate bunny or chick, just like an Easter basket! Use a short cut with ready-made shortcake dessert shells from the grocery store if you don’t have a pan or short on time.

Easter Basket Cupcakes

As fun to make as they are to eat! Use a favorite short cut and two-ingredient cupcake recipe for quick and easy baking!

Wishing you a Happy Easter with all your Peeps!

🐣🌷🐇💐🐰🌱🦋

Thank you for your visit!

Sharing with:  Metamorphosis Monday,
The ScoopWow Us WednesdaysFeathered Nest Friday

30 comments for “Last Minute Easter Menu Additions: Sides, Salads & Desserts

1. March 30, 2018 at 6:59 am

Great quick and easy recipes for last minute treats. The way you put them together is so creative.

March 30, 2018 at 7:17 am

Mary, everything looks so delicious! I have done the lemonade with the peeps and they were fun to make and gave the table a sweet festive touch! The Almond poppysed bread and the Lemon rosemary bars are a must try for sure, with the Broccoli grape salad calling my name, but all the recipes look so good! Thank you for this delicious arsenal of recipes and hope you and your loved ones have a very blessed Easter!

3. Janice Locke
    March 30, 2018 at 7:40 am

Check this out for some *pretty* Easter dishes. 😔 Thinking the layered salad would be good!

Sent from my iPad

4. Maureen D. Eha
    March 30, 2018 at 8:04 am

Thanks for all your great ideas, Mary! Everything looks delicious. I would have to adjust the recipes for sweets as I can’t have sugar, but the salads would work as is. Happy Easter to you and your family!

5. RS
    March 30, 2018 at 8:07 am

I happened to make the Layered Spring Salad for dinner last night. After seeing your post this morning I had salad for breakfast with hard boiled eggs and cofffee! I have tried several of your recipes and they are always a hit! The Rosemary Lemon bars are legendary. Thank you again for sharing your blog. Happy Easter.

6. Catherine LUXEREAU
    March 30, 2018 at 8:20 am

Bonjour Et merci pour toutes ces magnifiques idées….Tout ceci a l’air délicieux ! Je crois que je vais venir déjeuner chez vous pour Pâques ;-) Bravo et bon appétit …Joyeuses Pâques à vous

7. March 30, 2018 at 8:23 am

They all look so yummy

8. March 30, 2018 at 8:56 am

What a beautiful round-up, Mary! I will have a slice of almond poppy seed, please. Wishing you a joy-filled Easter weekend!

9. March 30, 2018 at 8:58 am

So much gorgeous food Mary, can we just come to your house? 🐰

10. Alice
    March 30, 2018 at 9:19 am

The orange infused salad dressing is going to be on my fruit salad this Easter. All of the recipes make my mouth water. The photography is beautiful.

11. Rita C.
    March 30, 2018 at 9:24 am

Mary, it’s always a pleasure to see your individual posts, but the compilations are the best go-tos! I hope you’ll share a few of your seasonal posts on the Spring & Easter Joy link party I’m co-hosting this weekend. It’s live now through April 2. Your posts are ALL share- and feature-worthy! Happy Easter, my friend.

12. Camille morgan
    March 30, 2018 at 9:27 am

All looks delicious and beautiful.
    Can’t wait to try some of these precious Easter basket cakes🐇🐣😍

13. Marie in AZ
    March 30, 2018 at 9:32 am

You never fail to inspire me with your gorgeous photos and wonderful recipes! I love your ideas for salads…Happy Easter!

14. Franki
    March 30, 2018 at 9:36 am

A friend just made the broccoli-grape salad and it was delish…everyone asked for the recipe!! franki

15. March 30, 2018 at 10:10 am

Lovely photos and wonderful recipe ideas! I was looking for a dressing for my Easter fruit salad…the orange-vanilla syrup sounds delicious! Thank you for your creative posts and wishing you a very joyous Easter week-end!

16. Virginia
    March 30, 2018 at 10:57 am

Thanks for the beautiful Easter and Spring desserts, I pinned the Bunny Bark and the Layered Cake. I am saving the Bunny Bark for next year as my grandchildren live across the country, it will definitely go in their Easter packages next spring. Your recipes are always the best, tasty and beautiful. Thanks so much Mary.

17. Sharon Pace
    March 30, 2018 at 12:25 pm

I love the look of the Layered Salad…but how do you serve it? There is no room in the bowl to mix or dip out.
    Thanks!!🐰

• March 30, 2018 at 5:26 pm

Google 7 layer salads, they’re filled to the top and you scoop thru the layers to serve. You could always use a larger bowl or fill the bowl less full.

18. March 30, 2018 at 2:56 pm

Yep, you know I could snarf down one (or two) of everything Mary! Especially if it’s followed by a Peep-Tini:@) Wishing you a wonderful Easter, give Gracie a big ole bunny hug for me:@)

19. Marion
    March 30, 2018 at 3:46 pm

Mary everything looks delicious.
    HAPPY BLESSED EASTER
    Marion,Joan and Marilyn

20. Laura T.
    March 30, 2018 at 4:49 pm

Everything looks so springy! Those deviled egg baskets are just too cute! I love them! Thank you for all of the wonderful ideas!

21. March 30, 2018 at 5:24 pm

I have been pinning away! I was looking for a vegetable recipe but love all the different salads too! Have a very happy Eater weekend, Mary!

22. March 30, 2018 at 5:29 pm

It all looks wonderful Mary. Beautiful post. Happy Easter.

23. March 30, 2018 at 5:39 pm

Oh dearest Mary, you make everything look soooo amazingly beautiful! I could go for each and everything on here. I’ll be making more bunny bark tomorrow with two granddaughters. Happy Easter to you! ❤🐰💐🤗

24. March 30, 2018 at 6:59 pm

WOW!! I have some of these prepared already..all just look wonderful…I usually have a Dessert Palooza on Easter Sunday …it breaks my Lenten fast of no sweets…can’t wait!!! I did see some new ones to try!, thanks for sharing and HAPPY EASTER!!! 🐇💐🌷🌺

P.S. How is the little doggie doing since the passing of her companion?? I think about her being lonely..

25. Cheryl
    March 30, 2018 at 8:49 pm

All the recipes look so pretty and delicious. Going to try the strawberry, blueberry, and grape salad for Easter.

26. Teresa
    April 1, 2018 at 7:31 pm

Hi- I appreciate how you always add those creative artistic touches to all of your vignettes. Thank you for sharing your amazing talents.
    I always look forward to reading your blog.

27. April 3, 2018 at 8:48 pm

I tend to bookmark your amazing seasonal recipe collections…so off to my bookmark folder this goes!…You are a treasure!!!

28. April 22, 2018 at 9:10 am

Always, ALWAYS a feast for the eyes!

Thank you for your comments~ they make my day ♥

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w